hydrocortisone cream for thinning can cause eczema?

coisbhai

coisbhai

Mod
i saw a girl on tiktok with eczema all over her face because she stopped using hydrocortisone, i wanna use it on my nose tip to thin the skin on it because it’s really fat but now i’m hesitant seeing the girl and what stopping the use of hydrocortisone has done to her, i’ve never had any eczema in my life and neither has any of my family so using it shouldn’t really cause any negative side effects should it?

it’s not exactly eczema, but topical steroid withdrawal. not everyone experiences it, but if you do it’s really a pain in the ass.

it’s not exactly eczema, but topical steroid withdrawal. not everyone experiences it, but if you do it’s really a pain in the ass.
i’m probably gonna take the risk, just gonna use it on my nose tip and wait till i get my septoplasty medically covered

Ur a dumbass. hydro cream steroid is used FOR eczema. it's steroid withdrawal that likely caused her eczema to be 10x worse. No one should use steroid creams on their skin. Steroid withdrawal wont be the only thing you get from applying a steroid on your skin 24/7

• +1
Reactions: tinderhacker
Don't use steroids on your skin regularly. Corticosteroids are anti-inflammatory of course, but they rape your collagen.

• +1
Reactions: hattrick
nice
might get sum

did u use it on face

it works really great, my nose bridge still sucks but at least my nasal tip isn’t bulbous
Did you put it everyday ?

• +1
Reactions: KING REIDYZ
yeah for 10 days and i stopped out of excitement, it helped the tip but tbh i wanna start applying again
Is it permanent and what it is the brand you used?

Is it permanent and what it is the brand you used?
uhhh i’m not sure lemme send u a pic i jus asked my mum to pick it up at the pharmacy bc i had a rash on my foot

• +1
Reactions: KING REIDYZ
I believe this applies to those who had eczema to begin with.

From my personal experience, steroid-use on infected areas is pointless. It gets rid of it during its timeframe BUT once discontinued, it will come back. I'm going to try to convince my dermatologist to get me on dupilumab (dupixent).

Last edited: