I did a testosterone blood test. Anyone know if my results are healthy?

Nims

Nims

👉👈
I've been feeling rather unwell as of late and decided to get a blood test to check if I had low testosterone, If anyones knowledgable on blood tests I would appreciate their advice.

Proteins
ALBUMIN | 48g/L​
SHBG | 36.7nmol/L​

Hormones​

FSH | 4.9IU/L​
LH | 14.1IU/L​
OESTRADIOL | 189pmol/L​
TESTOSTERONE | 36nmol/L / 1038.312​
FREE TESTOSTERONE - CALC. | 0.775nmol/L​
FREE ANDROGEN INDEX | 98.1%​
PROLACTIN | 769mIU/L​

Adrenal Hormones​

DHEA SULPHATE | 19.1umol/L​

How old are you?

This is what my custom GPT-4 assistant doctor said about your results, hope it helps 🤷‍♂️

Doc
When interpreting laboratory test results, it's important to understand that reference ranges can vary depending on the laboratory methods used to perform the tests, and what's considered normal can vary from lab to lab. However, I can provide some general guidance regarding the test results you've provided:
  1. Albumin: An albumin level of 48 g/L is within the typical reference range (35-50 g/L). Albumin is a protein made by the liver, and it helps to maintain oncotic pressure and transport various substances in the blood.
  2. Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin (SHBG): SHBG levels can vary widely among individuals. An SHBG level of 36.7 nmol/L for a young male might be considered within the normal range (10-57 nmol/L depending on the laboratory's reference values). Elevated SHBG can bind more testosterone, potentially lowering the amount of free (active) testosterone.
  3. Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH): An FSH level of 4.9 IU/L is typically within the normal range for a male (1.5-12.4 IU/L), indicating normal pituitary function.
  4. Luteinizing Hormone (LH): An LH level of 14.1 IU/L is on the higher end of the normal range for males (1.7-8.6 IU/L, though this can be variable). Elevated LH could be an indicator of primary testicular failure or compensation for decreased testosterone bioavailability, but levels can also be higher in the presence of certain conditions or can vary throughout the day due to pulsatile secretion.
  5. Oestradiol: A level of 189 pmol/L (51 pg/mL) is typically within the normal range for males, which can be up to 146 pmol/L (40 pg/mL). It's slightly elevated, but not necessarily a cause for concern unless coupled with clinical symptoms.
  6. Testosterone: A total testosterone level of 36 nmol/L (1038 ng/dL) is on the high end of the normal range for males (usually around 9.2-31.8 nmol/L or 265-916 ng/dL). While generally indicative of healthy testicular function, it can be associated with symptoms if it's abnormally high due to various causes.
  7. Free Testosterone - Calc.: A free testosterone level of 0.775 nmol/L is generally considered in the normal range. The typical reference range for free testosterone can vary, but it's usually around 0.3-1.0 nmol/L.
  8. Free Androgen Index: The free androgen index of 98.1% can be interpreted by comparing total testosterone to SHBG levels. This index is a bit confusing as it's usually expressed as a ratio and not a percentage. Nevertheless, it suggests that the amount of free testosterone relative to bound testosterone is high, likely due to the elevated total testosterone.
  9. Prolactin: A prolactin level of 769 mIU/L is usually considered within the normal range for males (86-324 mIU/L). However, reference ranges may vary, and this level could be considered elevated, potentially indicating hyperprolactinemia.
  10. Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate (DHEA-S): A level of 19.1 µmol/L is within the normal range for a young male (5.7-13.4 to 16.5-29.4 µmol/L depending on age and the testing laboratory).
The elevated LH and slightly high oestradiol and prolactin levels may warrant further investigation, especially if the individual is experiencing symptoms such as fertility issues, loss of libido, gynecomastia, or other hormonal imbalances. It's important to follow up with a healthcare provider to interpret these results in the context of clinical symptoms, a physical examination, and possibly repeat or additional tests to get a full picture of hormonal health.

• +1
Reactions: Nims
Simplified
Sure, here's a simplified breakdown of the lab results for a 22-year-old male:

1. Albumin: Normal.
  2. SHBG (Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin): Likely normal, but depends on the lab's reference range.
  3. FSH (Follicle-Stimulating Hormone): Normal.
  4. LH (Luteinizing Hormone): High, might need further evaluation.
  5. Oestradiol: Slightly high, may or may not be clinically significant.
  6. Testosterone: High-normal, but still within the range that can be considered normal for some labs.
  7. Free Testosterone: Normal.
  8. Free Androgen Index: Values expressed in percentage are atypical, but appears to indicate a high level of bioavailable testosterone.
  9. Prolactin: May be elevated, depends on the lab's reference range.
  10. DHEA Sulfate (DHEA-S): Normal.
While most values are within normal ranges, the elevated LH, oestradiol, and possibly prolactin levels could warrant a discussion with a healthcare provider to evaluate whether these findings are clinically significant and to decide if any further testing or evaluation is needed.

• +1
Simplified
Sure, here's a simplified breakdown of the lab results for a 22-year-old male:

1. Albumin: Normal.
  2. SHBG (Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin): Likely normal, but depends on the lab's reference range.
  3. FSH (Follicle-Stimulating Hormone): Normal.
  4. LH (Luteinizing Hormone): High, might need further evaluation.
  5. Oestradiol: Slightly high, may or may not be clinically significant.
  6. Testosterone: High-normal, but still within the range that can be considered normal for some labs.
  7. Free Testosterone: Normal.
  8. Free Androgen Index: Values expressed in percentage are atypical, but appears to indicate a high level of bioavailable testosterone.
  9. Prolactin: May be elevated, depends on the lab's reference range.
  10. DHEA Sulfate (DHEA-S): Normal.
While most values are within normal ranges, the elevated LH, oestradiol, and possibly prolactin levels could warrant a discussion with a healthcare provider to evaluate whether these findings are clinically significant and to decide if any further testing or evaluation is needed.
Thanks.

I've been feeling rather unwell as of late and decided to get a blood test to check if I had low testosterone, If anyones knowledgable on blood tests I would appreciate their advice.

Proteins
ALBUMIN | 48g/L​
SHBG | 36.7nmol/L​

Hormones​

FSH | 4.9IU/L​
LH | 14.1IU/L​
OESTRADIOL | 189pmol/L​
TESTOSTERONE | 36nmol/L / 1038.312​
FREE TESTOSTERONE - CALC. | 0.775nmol/L​
FREE ANDROGEN INDEX | 98.1%​
PROLACTIN | 769mIU/L​

Adrenal Hormones​

DHEA SULPHATE | 19.1umol/L​
Why is your prolactin this high?

• +1
Why is your prolactin this high?
I have no clue, I've phoned up my GP to get them to take a look because it doesnt seem very normal.

• +1
Reactions: Feliezzx
Your test is some of the highest out there. Mirin your blood results. Many pople on peds have less free t than you.

• Woah
Your test is some of the highest out there. Mirin your blood results. Many pople on peds have less free t than you.
Oh thanks, I was quite surprised about it tbh, as I often feel very tired and lethargic & have a bit of difficulty maintaining an erection. I think the other hormones are probably quite elevated as well which might counteract the high test.

Why is ur test so high what are u taking 😍 you take any supps ? ^^

• +1
Why is ur test so high what are u taking 😍 you take any supps ? ^^
No clue, I dont take anything nor do I take any supplements I probably should as my diet is really awful, I guess its just naturally quite high.

Nigga the reason why your testosterone is high is because stress. Stress increases testosterone short term, are you stressed? Btw the reason why I think ur stressed is because u have high prolactin too which is a cause of stress.