I don't want friends?

F

FeelingUgly

Recessed slayer
I’m not sad, I’m pretty content, yeah sure I’m not rolling around in ecstasy all day like some people, but I am content. I feel like something is wrong with me, everyone else has friends, everyone wants friends, I ask people why they want friends and nobody really has an answer, like I guess that’s just life as a social person lol. I can do pretty much everything by myself, there aren’t many people my age who can really help me with anything, and I’m not going to spend hundreds of hours trying to find someone who can. I have only one friend that I use to talk to, and it’s really just so I can get my thoughts into text, helps me think, we don’t hang out. I have another but we hang out maybe twice a year and don’t really do much. Same thing with relationships, first, I don’t want friends so that aspect is out, and second I don’t really want to have sex so a relationship is actually useless. Does anyone relate?

• +1
Reactions: future_
You're bad

Humans are social beings, we aren’t meant to be alone. Preferring to be alone all the time roots in trauma, you probably got bullied or abused somehow else and you feel unwell around people. It’s unhealthy in the long term. Try seeing a therapist.

• +1
Reactions: slavicpsycho, <6PSLcel and Mister Fuwy
Humans are social beings, we aren’t meant to be alone. Preferring to be alone all the time roots in trauma, you probably got bullied or abused somehow else and you feel unwell around people. It’s unhealthy in the long term. Try seeing a therapist.
Like I haven't tried therapy. Only few years

Dnrd
Humans are social , it's in our blood
U need friends and family
Maybe ur not meeting like-minded people

I want to have friends to have people to share with

why dnrd?

Said by the one and only grinch, I agree with the last statement

Care level 0

• JFL
Reactions: slavicpsycho
How old are you, approximately? Please answer me because I really wanna know.

• +1
Reactions: Manletmachine
22 this year
That's what I thought. You're very young. I thought similarly at times, but a few years down the line I learned that contentment is completely unsustainable in isolation. Even went as far as to go ER at one point, but no one died. I almost felt better in prison in a sense. Would still like to see total human death though. I think the negatives of humanity severely outweight the good. Livestock and just a few cats around would probably suffice to create a nice environment.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Manletmachine, incel194012940 and slavicpsycho
You need friends. One cannot subsist alone for long.

You need friends. One cannot subsist alone for long.
I don't have any friends, only acquaintances. I only confess to my parents and my therapist.

It's a blessing if you really feel that way.

Some of us are trapped in a cycle of wanting other people in our life, growing to hate them, self-isolating, and repeating over and over.

• +1
Reactions: nofap
It is great you can feel content with your own company, you're not a person reliant on others to feel happy in life.

Well u need some socializing since you're still human. However, I do agree that friends are overrated af.