i researched surgeons who offer orbital decompression and eyelid retraction surgery besides dr. taban

very good post. i will definitely check him out

i heard regarding eyelids dr massry is also quite good but i think he doesnt offer orbital decompression? i might write him an email and ask lol

yes not an expert regarding germany but i heard dr.aral in cologne and dr. dr. galambos
are quite good when it comes to eyes and lid surgery. both dont offer orbital decompression as far i know though. but if you just need retraction surgery and canthoplasty and you in germany thats where you should ask.
you know whether orbital decompression affects Palpebral fissure length?

here i found some numbers:

0,5% risk of double vision / strabismus and 1 in 20.000 risk of blindness if you do orbital decompression with Taban, according to himself. Personally I had double vision for a couple of days post op and then it cleared up.

from @kota aka this guy
e23f9572-1eea-4300-98b3-9d4c7cfcdd91-png.768547

1 in 20.000 = 0.00005 = 0.005%

for comparison:

Fortunately, blindness is a rare complication. We report 2 cases of blindness out of 690 Le Fort I surgeries done from 1996 to 2012 by the same surgeon, for an overall incidence of 0.29%. Lanigan et al. [1] reported an incidence of 0.25% in a survey of North American oral and maxillofacial surgeons, while Lo et al.

chances of getting blind through lefort 1 are actually higher then from orbital decompression jfl

according to that its actually 0.84%