Ideal Diet

tbh, really interesting thread. connor murphy made a video recently about this topic and to be honest i agreed with almost everything he said. look within yourself, from your experience, would you like brutally killing animals? hunting and hurting them spear by spear? or would you rather gather some vegetables and fruits? obviously if there isn't any food (veggies and fruit) our ancestours hunted animals to survive. but i bet they didn't enjoy it and would've rather ate some greens.

and yes, i agree. the guy has some problems right now, fasting for 40 days and being enlightend cause of drugs? but don't tell me his current video's are shit.

TLDR: eat vegetables and fruit everday. eat meat maybe 1-3 a week

Last edited:
  • Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: PYT, stuckneworleans, Romnel and 1 other person
To be honest there is no such thing as a perfect diet, it all comes down to finding what foods your body tolerates well and if you are intolerant/allergic to something.
For example, dairy is calorie-dense and loaded with essential nutrients but unfortunately 70% of people cannot digest it well. You really gotta find what works best for you.

However, there are some things whose benefits for health we are 100% sure about, namely:
- Carotenoids are some of the most powerful antioxidants. Eat a shit-ton of vegetables buddyboyo
- high-protein diet is good because it decreases appetite and helps you lose weight
- EGGS DON'T INCREASE LDL CHOLESTEROL!!! It's literally one of the best foods you can eat
- Eliminate ALL refined sugar from your diet (no candies, no sweets). Eat 1-2 portions of fruit and that's enough sugar for the day
- Fix your gut microbioma

If you guys are interested I can make a thread with more tips

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: didntreadlol and Romnel
Thanks, I'll watch it later today.
A benefit of doing it that way is that I could afford much higher-quality meat as I wouldn't be eating it as much.
Highly considering giving something like that a go, just have to decide whether to get my calories from mostly fat or mostly carbs now.

• +1
Reactions: DutchPrettyBoy
A benefit of doing it that way is that I could afford much higher-quality meat as I wouldn't be eating it as much.
Highly considering giving something like that a go, just have to decide whether to get my calories from mostly fat or mostly carbs now.
you're right, i would defenitely buy hq fish and meat instead of chicken everyday. the one downside with this diet is that you might not get enough protein for optimal muscle building. but i honestly believe it is the best diet for health and happiness. also, you could always get some whey protein if you really need it.

• +1
Reactions: Romnel
Demonizing unprocessed carbohydrates is a very bad idea. Even if you want to follow a paleo diet (which I would not), you should realize that our ancestors have not exclusively lived on whole meat but also ate lots of fruits (if available), tubers, nuts, seeds and leafy greens. And, yes, even whole grains.

• +1
Reactions: goat2x, Romnel and Deleted member 4209
fad diets are a crutch

how about just limiting fructose or other refined carbs, only drink water & black coffee, and make sure to get high protein intake.

fad diets are a crutch

how about just limiting fructose or other refined carbs, only drink water & black coffee, and make sure to get high protein intake.
Also green tea, which I forgot to add in my previous post

I eat everything but I make sure I don’t get suger or too much carbs or salt tbh

Tbh you need everything dairy,veggies,fruits,meats,nuts and seeds

• +1
Demonizing unprocessed carbohydrates is a very bad idea. Even if you want to follow a paleo diet (which I would not), you should realize that our ancestors have not exclusively lived on whole meat but also ate lots of fruits (if available), tubers, nuts, seeds and leafy greens. And, yes, even whole grains.
True tbh. Here in Italy we eat lots of whole grains (not the shitty version of pasta they have abroad), with fish, veggies and olive oil, and our country has the longest life expectancy after Japan

raw primal, anything else is cope

• +1
Ideal diet is Hamburgers

Balanced diet with meat fish etc and veggies for carbs. Vegan and keto are trash and kill t levels. Because no cholesterol in vegan diet = no t
And no carbs in kito = no t

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
Just woke up so my IQ is close to 0, but I'm not understanding that layout. Are you meaning that you space those 9 meals over the 5 days or are you on a mega-bulk with that every weekday?
This pasta is from the classic bodybuilding.com forums. There was a guy who had been eating like that for months, lol:

it's important to listen to my body about what food it's craving (to an extent).
This sentiment puts you ahead of those who have studied nutrition for years but lack bodily intuition. Eating healthy is not a matter of statistics and studies. It's about listening to your body.. If you follow your cravings, and if you eat foods that make you feel good, (actually good i.e. warm and energized, not merely pleasured), you are on your way to robust health and long life.

Last edited:
  • Love it
The flexible diet is ok with lowest sugar products as possible, but personaly i like keto the most, it helps regulate your hormones and you pretty much cant feel hungry because fats are very satiating

• +1
ideal with what goal in mind?

• +1
PSMF and a cruise dose of test (~200mg week). do this until sub 10% bf. the cruise dose of test will prevent catabolism and having to worry about T levels dropping

• +1
ideal with what goal in mind?
Idk I feel like with true health everything fits into place (physically, mentally and in terms of looks), but personally I'm wanting more energy, less acne and better hormones.

Btw since this is bumped anyway:

I forgot to mention in the original post but it would be good if any future comments mentioned their energy levels + general health observations from following whatever diet it is.
I think I've decided my next steps for now, but this thread could be very unique as we could get some real-life examples of how well these diets work. I imagine most these 'health gurus' lie to some extent about how amazing they feel so it'll be interesting to get some unfiltered opinions of what's worked for some of you and what hasn't.

The health information out there is conflicting to the point of it being comical.
In your opinion, what is the ideal diet in terms of looking, feeling and functioning as best as possible?

View attachment 470804

I'll start:
I'm currently doing a high fat paleo(ish) diet with a focus on inflammation. Lots of pasture-raised animal products etc.
I'd say my diet is somewhere in between Thomas DeLaeur and Frank Tufano principles.

View attachment 470805

How about you guys?
Keto?
Paleo?
Vegan?
Carnivore?
Something else?

View attachment 470802

I'm asking this question because my energy levels + acne have both been shit for a while now no matter what I seem to try.
I'll try to be open-minded to your responses as I've stopped lying to myself now and have realised that I'm not actually feeling that great.

Not looking for arguments below, we're all here to looksmaxx so there's no point bringing emotions into it.
Personality, I follow a fruit-based detoxification lifestyle and in the future I will add a little bit of Sv3rige-based foods in there. For now I just eat cooked salmon and such.

• +1
Personality, I follow based salmon
Damn, never heard of fruit-based before. I was gonna say that that amount of sugar can't be healthy, but tbh monkeys seems just fine. Do you get massive energy spikes + crashes from insulin or is it pretty steady?

Damn, never heard of fruit-based before. I was gonna say that that amount of sugar can't be healthy, but tbh monkeys seems just fine. Do you get massive energy spikes + crashes from insulin or is it pretty steady?
It is fine but maybe in the beginning if your adrenal glands are down since they are not metabolizing sugar well, you can crash. Once you heal your glands and clean the terrain out from the lymphatic system and bowels you will feel great. However, when I go on this for too long it feels like my body craves meat or raw meat. I enjoy adding those in.

• Love it
I see that you guys eat a lot of chicken, its not really good i would recomend you to choose beef or turkey instead, because of hormons that they put in chickens meat If you like it that much make sure that chicken you eat is 100% organic also dont get crazy with protein 1,5-2g per kg of body weight is absolute maximum, your body wont feel the diffrence and dont be scared of fats cause there are lot of good fats and they are very nutritious for you. If you are struggling with losing weight on high carbs low fat diet try to swap on high protein high fat low carb diet you will feel much better, you wont be hungry all the time and your energy levels will rise.

• +1
Ever since I started working out allI've done is paleo.

Ideal diet:

1) Starving to death

5 eggs and 5 bread french toast breakfast
250g okra and bell pepper with 2 rotis and 4 eggs dinner.
Fixed all my acne

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-27-08-42-51-085_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-06-27-08-42-51-085_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 20
  • +1
I usually fast for 14-16 hours a day. I try to minimize my carbs and added sugars and eat as much meat as i can but im not super strict about it. My acne went away and my energy levels are a lot more consistent. Also i lost my beer belly

• Love it
While I appreciate the lot of the detailed answers here, I am someone who does not really subscribe to the notion that you need to go to extreme depth to understand what kind of food you want to eat. This is both extremely time-consuming, energy-consuming and obviously stress inducing. Good luck spending months researching for food A, following food A for years when all of a sudden a new study comes out that says that you food A has some kind of problem that causes your tongue to smell :lul::lul:

What you need are not facts, but essential principles.

(And this is because the human brain has not undergone so much evolution as to be able to deal with the extreme complexity of the universe. And I unlikely that it ever will.)

So, in terms of optimal diet, I believe Michael Pollen put it extremely well: "Eat 'food'. Not too much. Mostly plants."
Not food-like substances, but 'food'. Maybe check out his book to understand more why this makes sense from an evolutionary picture.

• +1
The health information out there is conflicting to the point of it being comical.
In your opinion, what is the ideal diet in terms of looking, feeling and functioning as best as possible?

View attachment 470804

I'll start:
I'm currently doing a high fat paleo(ish) diet with a focus on inflammation. Lots of pasture-raised animal products etc.
I'd say my diet is somewhere in between Thomas DeLaeur and Frank Tufano principles.

View attachment 470805

How about you guys?
Keto?
Paleo?
Vegan?
Carnivore?
Something else?

View attachment 470802

I'm asking this question because my energy levels + acne have both been shit for a while now no matter what I seem to try.
I'll try to be open-minded to your responses as I've stopped lying to myself now and have realised that I'm not actually feeling that great.

Not looking for arguments below, we're all here to looksmaxx so there's no point bringing emotions into it.

Why are you allowed to eat modern man made fruits on the paleo diet? Isn’t it only supposed to encompass foods which would have existed during the Palaeolithic era?

• +1
Why are you allowed to eat?
I wasn't on much of a paleo diet tbh, that was just the best way of describing it. No point cutting out a modern food which is nutritious.

• +1
Reactions: Borneon_Tyger
I wasn't on much of a paleo diet tbh, that was just the best way of describing it. No point cutting out a modern food which is nutritious.
Makes sense. Modern fruits and veggies are the bomb

• +1
I eat a vegan diet. Blend all vegies in a blender and drink it. then eat fruit, nuts and oats. supplements too

• +1
I eat a vegan diet. Blend all vegies in a blender and drink it. then eat fruit, nuts and oats. supplements too
All the long-term vegans I've seen look really unnatractive but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.
How's your energy + happiness? Idk in my head I just feel like I'd feel tired all the time eating only plants

Also just out of curiousity- why the blender? lol

Ideal is all organic. Nothing processed. Get this app I'd called "meallime" (no typo) it can help you make organic delicious meals. I'd reccomend though sticking to the emants and vegetables. Make certain they are organic! _organic_

• +1
All the long-term vegans I've seen look really unnatractive but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.
How's your energy + happiness? Idk in my head I just feel like I'd feel tired all the time eating only plants
Very good. I'd say taking out refined sugar and the 1 a day veggie smoothies have both given me very noticeable gains in energy and happiness. I actually don't think avoiding meat is nesscary to be healthy but I do think fruit and veggie consumption is. I just have worked hard (years) on my eating habits and they work so im not changing them. There are lots of attractive vegan girls out there.. especally in NYC.

• Love it
Grains are fine as long as they have a low glycemic index

Grains are fine as long as they have a low glycemic index
My main concern with grains is inflammation tbh, I eat them occasionally though and I had porrege every morning until a week ago when I realised it was killing my energy+libido for some reason.
I think that's a me thing and not a porrege thing, though.

My main concern with grains is inflammation tbh, I eat them occasionally though and I had porrege every morning until a week ago when I realised it was killing my energy+libido for some reason.
Any carbohydrate that has a low glycemic index won’t spike blood sugar and cause inflammation. This is why fruits don’t cause inflammation because they have a lot of fiber which slows down the sugar absorption. Whole grains and pasta are low GI and still good to eat. Avoid high fructose corn syrup, sugar, and white bread/rice

• +1