If you’re an atheist , then what is the point of life?

billymidnight

billymidnight

Iron
I don’t know how so many ppl live life while thinking there is no after life. Like what I’m trying to say is life is to short and full of to much pain to be living with no purpose.

IMG 8633

someone who is atheist here explain to me what is nothingness after death

explain to me what is being nothing

Nobody is fully atheist and nobody is fully religious. Every religious person has doubts, every atheist knows there’s a possibility for a god, at the end we’re all agnostics

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Eriot Lodger, LevantinePsycho and xegigi
I don’t know how so many ppl live life while thinking there is no after life. Like what I’m trying to say is life is to short and full of to much pain to be living with no purpose.
damn bro how is 8th grade?

What was like before you there born?

How do you get through life with this little thought?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: barettrealrx and xegigi

Pure nothingness doesn’t exist usually when atheists say nothingness after death it means their experiences cease to exist, like the same state you were in prior to gaining consciousness. Now obviously we cannot prove this but as an atheist it seems like a probable explanation to what occurs after death, along with maybe reincarnation.

• +1
Reactions: barettrealrx and xegigi
To enjoy and do whatever the fuck I want?

• +1
Reactions: nathan
None, they should disappear and stop bothering those who believe in something more than the material world

• +1
Reactions: nathan and billymidnight
Pure nothingness doesn’t exist usually when atheists say nothingness after death it means their experiences cease to exist, like the same state you were in prior to gaining consciousness. Now obviously we cannot prove this but as an atheist it seems like a probable explanation to what occurs after death, along with maybe reincarnation.
how do you even begin to explain your consciousness ceasing to exist? kinda hard to wrap my head around that

Not exactly atheist, but you try explaining god as a religouscel, you can't explain god, atheistcels can't explain nothingness after death, some concepts are just beyond human comprehension and you didn't prove shit

• +1
Reactions: xegigi
“What do you mean, fool? I am going to return to the infinite cosmic energy that once created me. The same elements that were used to craft stars and planets are also in me and my body is finally going back into cosmic ethereal where it belongs”

• JFL
Reactions: maxxmclooks
Not exactly atheist, but you try explaining god as a religouscel, you can't explain god, atheistcels can't explain nothingness after death, some concepts are just beyond human comprehension and you didn't prove shit
yeah so we are all just cooked

• +1
The point of life in the evolutionary sense is to demonstrate your fitness by surviving long enough to produce off-spring. This is algorithm essentially all organisms follow but of course since we’re elevated intelligent apes we can prioritize other areas of our life like maximizing pleasure

• +1
the point of life when you're an intelligent being is whatever you make of it really. for religious people its to live a life without sinning obviously, for atheists it could be to be successful or make the world a better place or whatever else

how do you even begin to explain your consciousness ceasing to exist? kinda hard to wrap my head around that
Damn you there legit curious, sorry for being rude, thought It was a gotcha.

My answer would still be to try and think of how it was before you there born, then extrapolate it to the future.

the point of life when you're an intelligent being is whatever you make of it really. for religious people its to live a life without sinning obviously, for atheists it could be to be successful or make the world a better place or whatever else
“Make the world a better place” how would this benefit you ? 😂 when you’re dead and can’t feel nothing

Well in a physicalist world view our consciousness is merely the result of evolution, it’s an ability that seemingly only appears in biological organisms. When your chemical suit expires, the parts of your brain that allows you to interact with the physical world in a conscious way fades away and you cease to experience.

personally I believe when our consciousness ceases to exist we would be in an eternal dreamless sleep.

• +1
Reactions: maxxmclooks and xegigi
“Make the world a better place” how would this benefit you ? 😂 when you’re dead and can’t feel nothing
does it matter? living isn't all about rationality. whatever gets you that feeling of fulfillment when you're on this world is what you should pursue

Damn you there legit curious, sorry for being rude, thought It was a gotcha.

My answer would still be to try and think of how it was before you there born, then extrapolate it to the future.
yeah kinda same like yk when blind people are being asked what they see they say they see what you see behind your back right now (nothing)

really like life after death and what happens after death and all those questions about nothingness is just big mindfuck if u really start to think it

cant even grasp the idea of nothingness, my brains just cant comprehend it lol

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
To enjoy and do whatever the fuck I want?
Ur mindset is kinda dull. Ur basically saying u live life with the imminent fear of drumming out of time in life ? Sad bro

• Hmm...
Reactions: WeiWei
does it matter? living isn't all about rationality. whatever gets you that feeling of fulfillment when you're on this world is what you should pursue
Ur missing the point what I’m trying to say is that if you’re an atheist then life is so dull most ppl go through so much pain and have to endure certain shit for what? Like there has to be a driving force convincing us to stay alive cos if you think about there’s not much to look forward to in life

Last edited:

Ur missing the point what I’m trying to say is that if you’re an atheist then life is so dull most ppl go through so much pain and have to endure certain shit for what? Like there has to be a driving force convincing us to stay alive cos if you think about there’s itching much to look forward to in life
your brain convinces you to stay alive if you're normal

Fuck Stacies and have 10 sons

Nobody is fully atheist and nobody is fully religious. Every religious person has doubts, every atheist knows there’s a possibility for a god, at the end we’re all agnostics
Highest IQ comment on here