I’m getting into stock market and need genuine thoughts and advice

Dr. Mog

Dr. Mog

Researcher at moggerdom and zoomerology
Ain’t gonna fall for the Instagram traps of ‘just start early bro’ but I genuinely am eager to learn on how the market economy fluctuates etc. I’m getting funded a limited amount of money for it rn. I have no urgency to ‘earn’ money but yes just like any other uni stud’s dream I wanna be financially independent too.

I’m not touching anything crypto. Mention some basic good stocks with long term benefits to invest and also thoughts or mistakes you had done in investing that you wish you knew at 18.

Thank you

We might be going into a recession soon bro

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, AngryShortMale and Dr. Mog
Most hedge funds don't outperform the market. Those are sophisticated investors from the fanciest schools in the world who have worked at the most prestigious financial institutions in the world doing a shit job at generating returns. Making strong returns selecting single stocks is extremely difficult and unless you are Warren Buffet you will most likely perform sub-market in the long term. Just shove that shit into indexes that track the broader market and ride that wave don't try to be mr Fancy Pants. Right now is a good time the market has gotten hammered over the last year due to fucked up macro headwinds like China's covid policies and Russia's invasion so assets are cheap. Those two together have created strong supply chain bottlenecks and hiked energy prices causing fucked up inflation as you may know causing central banks to step in by increasing interest rates which has slowed the economy and hurt investor sentiment causing sell-offs. Now is the time to buy. A lot of that pain has been priced into the markets so unless things in Ukraine and China get even worse than they are now it should be up from here.

If you are serious about managing your assets and personal wealth you need to read some books and take it seriously not ask a bunch of autists what stock to select.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 19453 and Dr. Mog
Most hedge funds don't outperform the market. Those are sophisticated investors from the fanciest schools in the world who have worked at the most prestigious financial institutions in the world doing a shit job at generating returns. Making strong returns selecting single stocks is extremely difficult and unless you are Warren Buffet you will most likely perform sub-market in the long term. Just shove that shit into indexes that track the broader market and ride that wave don't try to be mr Fancy Pants. Right now is a good time the market has gotten hammered over the last year due to fucked up macro headwinds like China's covid policies and Russia's invasion so assets are cheap. Those two together have created strong supply chain bottlenecks and hiked energy prices causing fucked up inflation as you may know causing central banks to step in by increasing interest rates which has slowed the economy and hurt investor sentiment causing sell-offs. Now is the time to buy. A lot of that pain has been priced into the markets so unless things in Ukraine and China get even worse than they are now it should be up from here.

If you are serious about managing your assets and personal wealth you need to read some books and take it seriously not ask a bunch of autists what stock to select.
Just start a blog theory

anyway recommend books, YT channels etc for more info about the stock market

• +1
Reactions: sketchybusiness55
Just start a blog theory

anyway recommend books, YT channels etc for more info about the stock market
Any primer or introductory book on investing and or economics off amazon will help you grasp the fundamentals. The for dummies books are surprisingly helpful

• +1
Reactions: Dr. Mog