D

Deleted member 30037

Scholar
This might sound autistic but I'm going on a no music streak starting today

I listen to music 24/7 it's not good for me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32485, scrunchables and Deleted member 51465
Stfyuyyyyy

Is this over concerns of ear health? I don't see any other way that music is ruining you unless it keeps you from talking with other people.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30037 and Deleted member 39692
Is this over concerns of ear health? I don't see any other way that music is ruining you unless it keeps you from talking with other people.
I honestly feel like I have an addiction. I can't do anything without playing spotify in the background. I feel like such a slave 24/7. Need to try and get more in touch with nature again.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32485
I listen to music 24/7 it's not good for me
Way too many people do this. Having wireless earbuds in every waking moment numbs you and obviously diminishes the artistic value of music. Especially those fags who listen to playlists and skip around

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30037
Way too many people do this. Having wireless earbuds in every waking moment numbs you and obviously diminishes the artistic value of music. Especially those fags who listen to playlists and skip around
People are addicted and they don't even know it. I need to try and break the habit. And you're spot on about the enjoyment part when you listen to stuff 24/7 you just do it for the sake of it and not because you truly like it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32485
People are addicted and they don't even know it. I need to try and break the habit. And you're spot on about the enjoyment part when you listen to stuff 24/7 you just do it for the sake of it and not because you truly like it.
When I was in HS I had a year long period where I did that and I realized it was just a weird form of escapism. Makes you feel detached, and it's just a dopamine-deprived activity. When you treat music like that it just becomes filler to satiate your starving attention span in the brief moments in life where you can think in silence or simply observe your environment. Some people do it with podcasts, youtube videos, whatever. I think people with ADHD and autism are more susceptible to it. A lot of people nowadays also dislike silence, which I find concerning.

• +1
Reactions: slavicpsycho