IMPORTANT - Amino Acid balance!!!

Most of you people don't have this under control so listen:

cortes.jpg

Almost nobody knows shit about the amino acids they consume so let me educate you real quick.

Amino acids are basically the ingredients of a protein.

Not every protein is the same because they all have different aminos.

This is why protein in beef is very different from soy.

The aminos: Tryptophan and Methionine will deplete your Glycine.

cabecera-ratio-glic-met_v2.jpg

Guess where you get the first two from: egg whites, chicken, muscle meat, grains, beans etc.

basically 99% of your protein sources.

guess what has glycine?

organs, tendons, bone broth/marrow.

iStock-994188104.jpg

you likely can see the problem here lready, the modern diet is way too high in Tryptophan and Methionine in comparison to Glycine.

This is a bigger problem than you think it is.

Imbalance of these amino acids can cause mental problems, sleep problems, digestive issues etc.

You fall even deeper into the rabbit hole when you realize that Glycine is pro-GABA and Tryptophan is the precursor of Serotonin.

T798ddXLst9fiY1Hqq1-SA.png

Thus meaning that your amino balance heavily influences your neurotransmitter balance.

AND THEREBY YOUR ENTIRE

"B-b-but isn't serotonin good?"

It has it's place, but you definitely have an excess.

Studies have shown that a diet low in Tryptophan increases your T3, Testosterone and Growth Hormone.

So how do you solve this?

Start by eating more meats with bone, more red meat, more organs and start incorporating grass fed gelatin into your diet.

erling-haaland-dieta-corazon-res.jpg

higado-k9NC-RtlfPYfoodfkEQzvcwoTcdI-1248x770@El%20Norte.jpg

At the same time just watch out with eating kilos of egg whites and muscle meat in your diet.

You could also supp with Glycine. (Collagen peptides, hydrolyzed collagen, bone broth or gelatin)

• +1
  • Love it
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 62070, autistic_tendencies, MonoTBB and 10 others
Format this while you can

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: MonoTBB, 6foot3Mediterranean and socialcel
What do you mean honey tell me
At least put some tabbing on the sides so it's not so far to the left side of your screen

Finally , a good thread

Thanks

• +1
Reactions: MonoTBB and looksmidder
More research need to be done in amino acids and how that balance can effect the body

nigga who doesn't know this? i learned this bs in 10th grade. jfl

nigga who doesn't know this? i learned this bs in 10th grade. jfl
IQcel discovers the hidden esoteric knowledge that not everyone knows things that they know

• JFL
Reactions: overtier1011, butterworld and socialcel
I take 10gr of pure glycine every day

It tastes just like sugar so i put it on my oats/yogurts

Glycine is the most underrated anti-aging supplement

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: BrahminBoss and bussi
here we see the common IQcel discovering the hidden esoteric knowledge that not everyone knows things that they know
it’s taught in schools retard how wouldn’t everyone know it

I take 10gr of pure glycine every day

It tastes just like sugar so i put it on my oats/yogurts

Glycine is the most underrated anti-aging supplement
I agree with everything. 33% of our collagen is made up of glycine, it is anti-inflammatory, it is the raw material for GABA and hormones like DHT. It is an underrated amino acid because it is non-essential and our body produces it but it is really key.

That's why vegetables are low-key a scam. Muhh health.

They really should put amino acids on food descriptions instead of just micronutrients but normies are retarded anyway.

• JFL
Reactions: BrahminBoss
Can this help with acne the glycine is anti inflammatory so I assume it would help

More research need to be done in amino acids and how that balance can effect the body
People who are familiar with biohacking know that reducing methionine, tryptophan and cysteine is beneficial because it balances glycine. Reducing muscle meats and increasing gelatinous meats increases glycine and reduces tryptophan which is the raw material for serotonin which Ray Peat says is bad. He cites a study where reducing serotonin increased metabolism in rats and increased testosterone. I quote.

When rats were fed a diet completely lacking tryptophan for a short period, or a diet containing only one fourth of the “normal” amount for a more prolonged period, the results were surprising: They kept the ability to reproduce up to the age of 36 months (versus 17 months for the rats on the usual diet), and both their average longevity and their maximum longevity increased significantly. They looked and acted like younger rats. (A methionine-poor diet also has dramatic longevity-increasing effects.)

On the tryptophan-poor diet, the amount of serotonin in the brain decreased. When brain serotonin decreases, the level of testosterone in male animals increases. More than 20 years ago, a chemical (p-chlorophenylalanine) that inhibits serotonin synthesis was found to tremendously increase libido.

In old age, the amount of serotonin in the brain increases. This undoubtedly is closely related to the relative inability to turn off cortisol production that is characteristic of old age (Sapolsky and Donnelly, 1985). Hypothyroidism increases the formation of serotonin, as does cortisol (Henley, et al., 1997, 1998; Neckers and Sze, 1976).

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: SteveRogers, LVZZO and DR. NICKGA
mmm raw meat

Best 2024 graycel so far

Glycine also seems to boost GH in a dose dependent manner

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: SteveRogers, bussi and BrahminBoss
Wow I knew I knew it increased Hgh but not directly!!!!
An amino acid mistreated for being non-essential, but it deserves its own post.

Last edited:
Fantastic post, of course myself and a few others knew this, but the 99% of people who didn’t know it, now know ONE of the secrets to increasing your perceived youth (anti aging).
I recommend buying a 5kg bucket of gelatin and add it to literally anything you can + eating a heap of bone broth.

• Love it
Reactions: bussi
10/10 post. i have about 5g of methionone and 2.5g of tryptophan in my diet atm, how much glycine do I need to offset that?

i already have about 4g of glycine in the food i eat

Last edited:
10/10 post. i have about 5g of methionone and 2.5g of tryptophan in my diet atm, how much glycine do I need to offset that?

i already have about 4g of glycine in the food i eat

You need 3/4x more glycine than methionine

So in your case it's 10/15gr of supplemental glycine

• Love it
Reactions: looksmidder
Can this help with acne the glycine is anti inflammatory so I assume it would help
just saw an ad promoting “Korean skincare” because apparently everyone holds the belief that the reason Koreans have such good skin at old age is because of their skincare

no bro

It’s from a diet balanced in aminos

Up the Glycine, lower the Methionine and Tryptophan.

F1qiiRnWwAIiHWx
bc4df0f8b3dc3552b427125d05f4b97a.jpg

eat foods with lower tryptophan and methionine content (plain dry muscle meat) and eat foods with higher glycine, proline and hydroxyproline content, like broths, stews, red meat with bone, skins, organs, tendons, bones etc.

• +1
Reactions: HTN_Mentalcel
shit formad but good thread

I eat bone broth 2x a week, skin has never looked better

why did u delete

That's why vegetables are low-key a scam. Muhh health.

They really should put amino acids on food descriptions instead of just micronutrients but normies are retarded anyway.
vegetables are shit at nutrient density too

• +1
Reactions: HTN_Mentalcel
Most of you people don't have this under control so listen:

cortes.jpg

Almost nobody knows shit about the amino acids they consume so let me educate you real quick.

Amino acids are basically the ingredients of a protein.

Not every protein is the same because they all have different aminos.

This is why protein in beef is very different from soy.

The aminos: Tryptophan and Methionine will deplete your Glycine.

cabecera-ratio-glic-met_v2.jpg

Guess where you get the first two from: egg whites, chicken, muscle meat, grains, beans etc.

basically 99% of your protein sources.

guess what has glycine?

organs, tendons, bone broth/marrow.

iStock-994188104.jpg

you likely can see the problem here lready, the modern diet is way too high in Tryptophan and Methionine in comparison to Glycine.

This is a bigger problem than you think it is.

Imbalance of these amino acids can cause mental problems, sleep problems, digestive issues etc.

You fall even deeper into the rabbit hole when you realize that Glycine is pro-GABA and Tryptophan is the precursor of Serotonin.

T798ddXLst9fiY1Hqq1-SA.png

Thus meaning that your amino balance heavily influences your neurotransmitter balance.

AND THEREBY YOUR ENTIRE

"B-b-but isn't serotonin good?"

It has it's place, but you definitely have an excess.

Studies have shown that a diet low in Tryptophan increases your T3, Testosterone and Growth Hormone.

So how do you solve this?

Start by eating more meats with bone, more red meat, more organs and start incorporating grass fed gelatin into your diet.

erling-haaland-dieta-corazon-res.jpg

higado-k9NC-RtlfPYfoodfkEQzvcwoTcdI-1248x770@El%20Norte.jpg

At the same time just watch out with eating kilos of egg whites and muscle meat in your diet.

You could also supp with Glycine. (Collagen peptides, hydrolyzed collagen, bone broth or gelatin)
" Effect of a Tryptophan Deficiency on Thyroid Gland, Growth Hormone and Testicular Functions in Chickens "

Seems like you need a bit more glycine to help with your neurotransmitters if you think that's a good study

• +1
Reactions: MonoTBB