Introduction To Melasyl; Say Goodbye To Hyperpigmentation

AySab

AySab

Bronze
A new skincare ingredient was introduced 3 weeks ago and no one has created a thread about this new miracle molecule which is introduced as Melasyl.

Melasyl is a new multi-patented molecule which is designed to address pigmentation issues like age spots and post-acne marks.
Specifically L’Oreal has promoted it through their new “La Roche Posay Mela B3” line, which contains the MelaB3 serum and MelaB3 SPF30, which can be used on all skin tones.
Now, more into the miracle molecule Melasyl and how it works.

As we know, Melanin is the main pigment that’s responsible for the colour of the skin and in certain disorders melanin is overproduced and accumulates too much on a certain spot causing a more pigmented spot. Through 121 studies and 18 years of research, Melasyl is successfully known to act on the excess melanin by capturing the precursors of melanin before they transform into eumelanin and phoemelanin which are both coloured pigments. This is much different from other ingredients that target melanin as the other ingredients on the market (hydroquinone, arbutin, kojic acid) usually reduce the activity of tyrosinase, an enzyme that catalyses the production of melanin. Melasyl was also successfully tested to inhibit melanin production caused by UV exposures and was confirmed through multiple phototypes.

TDLR; Melasyl has a better performance of reducing melanin production when compared to kojic acid, arbutin and even HYDROQUINONE.

The new MelaB3 serum visibly reduces, discolouration, including sunspots, age spots, post-acne marks (or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation), and even the most stubborn dark spots.
The full ingredient list contains; AQUA / WATER / EAU • DIMETHICONE • NIACINAMIDE • GLYCERIN • PROPYLENE GLYCOL • POLYSILICONE-11 • SILICA • BIS-PEG/PPG-16/16 PEG/PPG-16/16 DIMETHICONE • CYSTOSEIRA TAMARISCIFOLIA EXTRACT • 2-MERCAPTONICOTINOYL GLYCINE • PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE • SODIUM HYALURONATE • SODIUM HYDROXIDE • SODIUM THIOSULFATE • CARNOSINE • POLOXAMER 338 • AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE • DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE • CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE • CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE • XANTHAN GUM • PENTYLENE GLYCOL • OCTYLDODECANOL • RETINYL PALMITATE • TOCOPHEROL • PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CI 17200 / RED 33 • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

The main 3 ingredients are obviously Melasyl, Niacinamide 10% and Thermal Spring Water; If you’re sensitive to any of these ingredients, I suggest you to stay away, it is known to have exfoliating ingredients which might cause a purge but, if the purge doesn’t seem to leave, your skin probably is too sensitive for the serum.

If you have further questions, let me know.

• +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: silencio, SidharthTheSlayer, BrahminBoss and 18 others
dnrd but read tldr, good thread

• +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer, aspiringexcel, AySab and 1 other person
Wait is this aahsab?

A new skincare ingredient was introduced 3 weeks ago and no one has created a thread about this new miracle molecule which is introduced as Melasyl.

Melasyl is a new multi-patented molecule which is designed to address pigmentation issues like age spots and post-acne marks.
Specifically L’Oreal has promoted it through their new “La Roche Posay Mela B3” line, which contains the MelaB3 serum and MelaB3 SPF30, which can be used on all skin tones.

As we know, Melanin is the main pigment that’s responsible for the colour of the skin and in certain disorders melanin is overproduced and accumulates too much on a certain spot causing a more pigmented spot. Through 121 studies and 18 years of research, Melasyl is successfully known to act on the excess melanin by capturing the precursors of melanin before they transform into eumelanin and phoemelanin which are both coloured pigments. This is much different from other ingredients that target melanin as the other ingredients on the market (hydroquinone, arbutin, kojic acid) usually reduce the activity of tyrosinase, an enzyme that catalyses the production of melanin. Melasyl was also successfully tested to inhibit melanin production caused by UV exposures and was confirmed through multiple phototypes.

TDLR; Melasyl has a better performance of reducing melanin production when compared to kojic acid, arbutin and even HYDROQUINONE.

The new MelaB3 serum visibly reduces, discolouration, including sunspots, age spots, post-acne marks (or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation), and even the most stubborn dark spots.
The full ingredient list contains; AQUA / WATER / EAU • DIMETHICONE • NIACINAMIDE • GLYCERIN • PROPYLENE GLYCOL • POLYSILICONE-11 • SILICA • BIS-PEG/PPG-16/16 PEG/PPG-16/16 DIMETHICONE • CYSTOSEIRA TAMARISCIFOLIA EXTRACT • 2-MERCAPTONICOTINOYL GLYCINE • PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE • SODIUM HYALURONATE • SODIUM HYDROXIDE • SODIUM THIOSULFATE • CARNOSINE • POLOXAMER 338 • AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE • DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE • CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE • CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE • XANTHAN GUM • PENTYLENE GLYCOL • OCTYLDODECANOL • RETINYL PALMITATE • TOCOPHEROL • PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CI 17200 / RED 33 • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

The main 3 ingredients are obviously Melasyl, Niacinamide 10% and Thermal Spring Water; If you’re sensitive to any of these ingredients, I suggest you to stay away, it is known to have exfoliating ingredients which might cause a purge but, if the purge doesn’t seem to leave, your skin probably is too sensitive for the serum.

I’m starting accutane soon, will do a before and after for this

• +1
Reactions: AySab
Where to buy and what to buy?

I'm the grimywaifu guy btw if yk

• +1

Has this been tested?

Has this been tested?
121 studies yes, I would just look through the ingredient list to see if you’re a candidate. It’s extremely OP from what I can see, and I will try it for the skin tone balancing effects.

• +1
Reactions: 97baHater and Salted_Salty
121 studies yes, I would just look through the ingredient list to see if you’re a candidate. It’s extremely OP from what I can see, and I will try it for the skin tone balancing effects.
I have like acne marks, so it would be nice to see if it’s fixed

It's not gonna work for PIE, right?

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: piec and AySab
It's not gonna work for PIE, right?
The serum contains 10% niacinamide which can help with PIE, I would still invest into this serum as PIE can turn into heavy dark spots which can be inhibited by Melasyl. I would also start looking into anti-inflammatory products and foods (Green Tea) to help combat PIE.

• +1
Reactions: piec and cyprian_tomaszewski
can it be used with tret or dumb idea

Or so it seem, will do this in addition to accutane and do results
Hm, i don’t know if this is a good idea to use with accutane since Melasyl hasn’t been used with accutane. Personally I see no issues except further skin irritation but, I would consult to a dermatologist if you’re going to use this with accutane.

good thread

• Love it

My skin is perfectly fine, gonna buy it for a friend and force them to use it, I will update on the results

• +1
My skin is perfectly fine, gonna buy it for a friend and force them to use it, I will update on the results
Sounds good, just make sure you know their skincare routine, if they have sensitive skin or not and what condition they are treating.

• +1
Reactions: Yesubo
Hm, i don’t know if this is a good idea to use with accutane since Melasyl hasn’t been used with accutane. Personally I see no issues except further skin irritation but, I would consult to a dermatologist if you’re going to use this with accutane.
accutane can dry out your skin, specifically lip area, so should be fine as long as moisturise in mornings etc

Good thread bhai

• Love it
Yeah yeah yeah, Eucerin had come up with its own patented chemical too, goes by Thamidol or sth like that. Its dogshit. The only thing that works is hydroquinone and they banned it cause wypipo dont want ethnics to ascend

Yeah yeah yeah, Eucerin had come up with its own patented chemical too, goes by Thamidol or sth like that. Its dogshit. The only thing that works is hydroquinone and they banned it cause wypipo dont want ethnics to ascend
Thamidol has tyrosinase inhibiting properties, the same property like hydroquinone, from the studies i am seeing, apparently Thamidol out preformed hydroquinone so, I don’t see how it doesn’t work. but again, I haven't done much research on Thamidol but as I said, Melasyl is different from just tyrosinase inhibiting. Melasyl targets melanin precursors before they convert to coloured pigment.

Also, i wouldn’t recommend this for skin lightening, i would recommend the use of supplements for that. this is more for skin concerns revolving around hyperpigmentation related disorders.

Thamidol has tyrosinase inhibiting properties, the same property like hydroquinone, from the studies i am seeing, apparently Thamidol out preformed hydroquinone so, I don’t see how it doesn’t work. but again, I haven't done much research on Thamidol but as I said, Melasyl is different from just tyrosinase inhibiting. Melasyl targets melanin precursors before they convert to coloured pigment.
Nigga I used it, don’t give me muh studies.. funded studies mean jack

Also, i wouldn’t recommend this for skin lightening, i would recommend the use of supplements for that. this is more for skin concerns revolving around hyperpigmentation related disorders.
No I used it on forehead sunspot/hyperpigmentation/melasma whatever you want tl call it

your anecdotal experience shouldn’t weigh in for 121 studies.

your anecdotal experience shouldn’t weigh in for 121 studies.
Have you verified those studies yourself? Do you realize most of the research/studies are bunk? Sponsor funded, small sample size, trial period insignificant, improper method.. I could give you 5 more.. don’t trust muh studies blindly

Also thiamidol needs to be used 4x a day for maximum results, through the use of the dual serum, one application in the AM and one application in PM, follow up with day cream in the AM and the night cream in the PM.

What supps? Same old Vit C tablets, glutathione tabs?

Have you verified those studies yourself? Do you realize most of the research/studies are bunk? Sponsor funded, small sample size, trial period insignificant, improper method.. I could give you 5 more.. don’t trust muh studies blindly
No, I have never conducted the studies my self, but again, your anecdotal experience shouldn’t account for the studies made and other anecdotal experiences.

Also thiamidol needs to be used 4x a day for maximum results, through the use of the dual serum, one application in the AM and one application in PM, follow up with day cream in the AM and the night cream in the PM.
Yeah used it according to the instructions that came with it. Tranexamic acid yielded much better results. I want to get my hands on hydroquinone, one Hongkong based online retailer sells it but doesnt deliver where I live. I’ll probably set up a routing postal address in Germany and forward to my address from there

Yeah used it according to the instructions that came with it. Tranexamic acid yielded much better results. I want to get my hands on hydroquinone, one Hongkong based online retailer sells it but doesnt deliver where I live. I’ll probably set up a routing postal address in Germany and forward to my address from there
Try this, but you’ll need a giga strong sunscreen.
https://www.alldaychemist.com/a-ret-hc-cream-15-gm.html
Also, at least give Melasyl a try. :owo:

• +1
Reactions: laaltin
Seems like bullshit, but If u wanna waste ur money gl

Hidroquinone 30% is good? Found for 5 bucks

• JFL
Reactions: laaltin
Seems like bullshit, but If u wanna waste ur money gl
honestly, it seems good, if you have the money give it a try, but yeah, im just going off what I was provided with via information from the manufacturers