Introduction To Melasyl; Say Goodbye To Hyperpigmentation

That one has steroid in it, also can’t trust these Indian pharma products, maybe it’s just me
hydrocortisone is usually used for hyper pigmentation but if you’re scared to use that its fine (maybe because of the rebound affect).

A new skincare ingredient was introduced 3 weeks ago and no one has created a thread about this new miracle molecule which is introduced as Melasyl.

Melasyl is a new multi-patented molecule which is designed to address pigmentation issues like age spots and post-acne marks.
Specifically L’Oreal has promoted it through their new “La Roche Posay Mela B3” line, which contains the MelaB3 serum and MelaB3 SPF30, which can be used on all skin tones.
Now, more into the miracle molecule Melasyl and how it works.

As we know, Melanin is the main pigment that’s responsible for the colour of the skin and in certain disorders melanin is overproduced and accumulates too much on a certain spot causing a more pigmented spot. Through 121 studies and 18 years of research, Melasyl is successfully known to act on the excess melanin by capturing the precursors of melanin before they transform into eumelanin and phoemelanin which are both coloured pigments. This is much different from other ingredients that target melanin as the other ingredients on the market (hydroquinone, arbutin, kojic acid) usually reduce the activity of tyrosinase, an enzyme that catalyses the production of melanin. Melasyl was also successfully tested to inhibit melanin production caused by UV exposures and was confirmed through multiple phototypes.

TDLR; Melasyl has a better performance of reducing melanin production when compared to kojic acid, arbutin and even HYDROQUINONE.

The new MelaB3 serum visibly reduces, discolouration, including sunspots, age spots, post-acne marks (or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation), and even the most stubborn dark spots.
The full ingredient list contains; AQUA / WATER / EAU • DIMETHICONE • NIACINAMIDE • GLYCERIN • PROPYLENE GLYCOL • POLYSILICONE-11 • SILICA • BIS-PEG/PPG-16/16 PEG/PPG-16/16 DIMETHICONE • CYSTOSEIRA TAMARISCIFOLIA EXTRACT • 2-MERCAPTONICOTINOYL GLYCINE • PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE • SODIUM HYALURONATE • SODIUM HYDROXIDE • SODIUM THIOSULFATE • CARNOSINE • POLOXAMER 338 • AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE • DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE • CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE • CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE • XANTHAN GUM • PENTYLENE GLYCOL • OCTYLDODECANOL • RETINYL PALMITATE • TOCOPHEROL • PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CI 17200 / RED 33 • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

The main 3 ingredients are obviously Melasyl, Niacinamide 10% and Thermal Spring Water; If you’re sensitive to any of these ingredients, I suggest you to stay away, it is known to have exfoliating ingredients which might cause a purge but, if the purge doesn’t seem to leave, your skin probably is too sensitive for the serum.

If you have further questions, let me know.
source? Seems too good to be true

hydrocortisone is usually used for hyper pigmentation but if you’re scared to use that its fine (maybe because of the rebound affect).
Does hydroquinone bleach beard?

Does hydroquinone bleach beard?
It can brighten facial hair yes. It has bleaching properties and WILL strip natural pigmentation.

• So Sad
Reactions: laaltin
Good thread

mods should pin to top page tbh

• +1
Reactions: AySab

A new skincare ingredient was introduced 3 weeks ago and no one has created a thread about this new miracle molecule which is introduced as Melasyl.

Melasyl is a new multi-patented molecule which is designed to address pigmentation issues like age spots and post-acne marks.
Specifically L’Oreal has promoted it through their new “La Roche Posay Mela B3” line, which contains the MelaB3 serum and MelaB3 SPF30, which can be used on all skin tones.
Now, more into the miracle molecule Melasyl and how it works.

As we know, Melanin is the main pigment that’s responsible for the colour of the skin and in certain disorders melanin is overproduced and accumulates too much on a certain spot causing a more pigmented spot. Through 121 studies and 18 years of research, Melasyl is successfully known to act on the excess melanin by capturing the precursors of melanin before they transform into eumelanin and phoemelanin which are both coloured pigments. This is much different from other ingredients that target melanin as the other ingredients on the market (hydroquinone, arbutin, kojic acid) usually reduce the activity of tyrosinase, an enzyme that catalyses the production of melanin. Melasyl was also successfully tested to inhibit melanin production caused by UV exposures and was confirmed through multiple phototypes.

TDLR; Melasyl has a better performance of reducing melanin production when compared to kojic acid, arbutin and even HYDROQUINONE.

The new MelaB3 serum visibly reduces, discolouration, including sunspots, age spots, post-acne marks (or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation), and even the most stubborn dark spots.
The full ingredient list contains; AQUA / WATER / EAU • DIMETHICONE • NIACINAMIDE • GLYCERIN • PROPYLENE GLYCOL • POLYSILICONE-11 • SILICA • BIS-PEG/PPG-16/16 PEG/PPG-16/16 DIMETHICONE • CYSTOSEIRA TAMARISCIFOLIA EXTRACT • 2-MERCAPTONICOTINOYL GLYCINE • PEG-20 METHYL GLUCOSE SESQUISTEARATE • SODIUM HYALURONATE • SODIUM HYDROXIDE • SODIUM THIOSULFATE • CARNOSINE • POLOXAMER 338 • AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE • DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE • CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE • CAPRYLOYL SALICYLIC ACID • CAPRYLYL GLYCOL • CITRIC ACID • TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE • XANTHAN GUM • PENTYLENE GLYCOL • OCTYLDODECANOL • RETINYL PALMITATE • TOCOPHEROL • PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE • PHENOXYETHANOL • CI 17200 / RED 33 • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE

The main 3 ingredients are obviously Melasyl, Niacinamide 10% and Thermal Spring Water; If you’re sensitive to any of these ingredients, I suggest you to stay away, it is known to have exfoliating ingredients which might cause a purge but, if the purge doesn’t seem to leave, your skin probably is too sensitive for the serum.

If you have further questions, let me know.
Nice thread op

• Love it
accutane can dry out your skin, specifically lip area, so should be fine as long as moisturise in mornings etc
I would talk your derm first. Month 6 of accutane here and your skin is super sensitive to anything on treatment. The Niacinamide might irritate it.

• +1
Reactions: AySab and Salted_Salty
I would talk your derm first. Month 6 of accutane here and your skin is super sensitive to anything on treatment. The Niacinamide might irritate it.
How about I start accutane - see if it’s like dry and whatnot by week 4 or so, and then go on from there- seeing a derm in London can take up to 18 months… so

How about I start accutane - see if it’s like dry and whatnot by week 4 or so, and then go on from there- seeing a derm in London can take up to 18 months… so
yeah thats fair enough, although I actually recommend waiting for the first two months to start applying it. During the first two months, your skin is a mess and looks different every day. It's hard to tell what caused what.

• +1
Reactions: AySab and Salted_Salty
Just ordered this shit, ima combo this with tret, ima pray this gonna work

• +1
just got it i will give update after 3 weeks, i will combo it with tref

Attachments

• IMG_0571.jpeg
    IMG_0571.jpeg
    304.1 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: animo123 and AySab
yeah no it didn't

Hydroquinone would blow this slop the fuck out

Hydroquinone would blow this slop the fuck out
cope, it works differently from how hydroquinone works and preforms better than hydroquinone at TREATING hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone could be better in some other aspects but this is like the taz vs tret debate, not much research has been done on one side and both have their own things they excel at.

Odidpzlzdlfdosp

• JFL
cope, it works differently from how hydroquinone works and preforms better than hydroquinone at TREATING hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone could be better in some other aspects but this is like the taz vs tret debate, not much research has been done on one side and both have their own things they excel at.
What? Tazarotene and Tretinoin produce the same results long term but Tazarotene is more aggressive and will yield results much faster w/o the irritation produced by Tretinoin. Both are shit at the end of the day, though. Low dose accutane is preferable

anyways, Hydroquinone, Injectable Glutathione and Vitamin C will always be the gold standard for hyperpigmentation. Link studies for this product

What? Tazarotene and Tretinoin produce the same results long term but Tazarotene is more aggressive and will yield results much faster w/o the irritation produced by Tretinoin. Both are shit at the end of the day, though. Low dose accutane is preferable
You literally misread everything, I said, you cant compare melasyl and hydroquinone because one is relatively new to the market, i used the comparison between Taz and Tret because, Taz is much newer to the market too as they are different gen retinoids.
anyways, Hydroquinone, Injectable Glutathione and Vitamin C will always be the gold standard for hyperpigmentation. Link studies for this product
youre recommending to Inject glutathione? Yes, sure, this can provide giga results but is highly unhealthy for the body. injectable vitamin C is the most unreasonable form of vitamin C intake; liposomal vitamin c mogs.
And as I said earlier, melasyl is new to the market, so no studies are publicised yet. I’m only going on what the manufacturers have claimed and their testing on their patients.

If you want to view the studies, watch the videos linked in the official websites.

great thread

• Love it
You literally misread everything, I said, you cant compare melasyl and hydroquinone because one is relatively new to the market, i used the comparison between Taz and Tret because, Taz is much newer to the market too as they are different gen retinoids.
20 years isn't "new" by any metric. There are plenty of studies that compare the differences between Tretinoin and Tazarotene. We know for a fact they yield the exact same results long term. Tazarotene is gentler because it's far more selective than Tretinoin and doesn't touch RAR alpha and RAR beta.

youre recommending to Inject glutathione? Yes, sure, this can provide giga results but is highly unhealthy for the body.
How is injecting the most potent antioxidant unhealthy?

20 years isn't "new" by any metric. There are plenty of studies that compare the differences between Tretinoin and Tazarotene. We know for a fact they yield the exact same results long term. Tazarotene is gentler because it's far more selective than Tretinoin and doesn't touch RAR alpha and RAR beta.
Yes correct, by “new” i mean by how its localised to the public and recommended to the public, the same goes for hydroquinone and melasyl.
How is injecting the most potent antioxidant unhealthy?
… Type it up saar. Its pretty self-explanatory

Right so it seems the active ingredient is something called 2-mercaptonicotinoyl glycine

Non-extreme chronic sun exposure induces skin pigmentation via two distinct mechanisms: an immediate darkening resulting
from the oxidation of pre-existing melanin or its precursors; followed by a delayed tanning resulting from a new synthesis of
melanin. 2-mercaptonicotinoyl glycine (2-MNG) has been revealed in vitro as a new molecule, offering high potential for the
management of pigmentation1. Its effectiveness was explained by its ability to form adducts with certain precursors of melanin2.
Melanin precursors being involved in both immediate darkening and delayed tanning, we verified in vivo the efficacy of 2-MNG to
prevent these two mechanisms following UV exposure.

I can't find any studies comparing it to hydroquinone but I would wager it is no where near as strong as standard tyrosinase inhibitors

• +1
… Type it up saar. Its pretty self-explanatory
Obviously you cycle Glutathione

This 2mng this sounds cool I suppose but honestly your best bet is probably a retinoid + hydroquinone and sunscreen

• +1
Right so it seems the active ingredient is something called 2-mercaptonicotinoyl glycine

I can't find any studies comparing it to hydroquinone but I would wager it is no where near as strong as standard tyrosinase inhibitors
Melasyl isnt a tyrosinase inhibitor though, and in the video itself, its compared to hydroquinone. Again, the studies arent publicised so I am basing this off the manufacturers.

• +1
Reactions: 9898
Obviously you cycle Glutathione

This 2mng this sounds cool I suppose but honestly your best bet is probably a retinoid + hydroquinone and sunscreen
yup, we just have to wait and see. High IQ conversation ngl.

• +1
Reactions: 9898
Melasyl isnt a tyrosinase inhibitor though, and in the video itself, its compared to hydroquinone. Again, the studies arent publicised so I am basing this off the manufacturers.
yup, we just have to wait and see. High IQ conversation ngl.
I'm not opposed to using it. Just initially I thought this was just some rebranded niacinamide slop that they usually churn out.

• +1
good thread

• +1
So all niggers will be blond blue eyed aryan chads now?