Is a flat occlusal plane a death sentence?

Lonenely sigma

Lonenely sigma

Future "username-o-plasty" candidate
I suppose a CW rotation would help but wouldn't it make you more recessed? I am kinda lost tbf

you can do cw and advancement. show scan

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma
you can do cw and advancement. show scan
I don't have one but thanks.

Can you also do a CW if you suffer from a deep bite? I've heard somewhere it makes the bite deeper

I don't have one but thanks.

Can you also do a CW if you suffer from a deep bite? I've heard somewhere it makes the bite deeper
idk I only know about occlusal plane and ccwr/cwr. No idea of bite. I suggest to get a scan and consult with italian surgeons.

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma
I suppose a CW rotation would help but wouldn't it make you more recessed? I am kinda lost tbf
a flat occlusal plane is ideal wouldn’t it be? that’s what CCW attempts to achieve since 90% of people’s occlusal plans are too steep which is why they have downward growth

From looking at scans and talking w others, and from observation, a flatter occlusal plane is better.

I talked w a reputable surgeon and he said the jaw is supposed to grow not only forwards and in width but also it’s supposed to grow counter clockwise, which helps achieve a flatter occlusal plane. plus with a flatter plane, the bite forces get distributed better, as more force can be applied upwards instead of diagonally upwards to counteract downward growth and lower the cranial base. (i wrote a whole post about this if you’re curious lmk)
C720B342 54D5 4AF6 AADC 82C7018095B2

it’s one of the primary determinants of an attractive face, see https://looksmax.org/threads/malfor...only-thing-that-determines-your-looks.884557/

Therefore, i think your theory is backwards.

I drew rough lines (not completely accurate) of the angles of their occlusion
DD4A3F18 8C19 4AD9 914B 3A5AF6C40C73
56B62DCA ABBA 4C73 A7C1 A69BBBC0686D
8F75B435 0246 4B48 A901 48FF89F842AD

you can see the right pics look far better than the left pics primarily due to a flatter occlusal plane and everything associated with it.

here the occlusal plane is steeper than ground level.
D0D7BDED 7921 4646 837E 79EC543DCA5B

vs flat
D60FD1DD 102F 4BB9 A5AC 8EF928C244B0

you can even see here in this gif how the classic mouth breather has a super steep occlusal plane and as the face transforms and gets uplifted in the better looking version the occlusal plane flattens
D91427E1 C108 4F19 8E99 A9858F907C4F

Feel free to PM me pics of what you’re hoping to achieve

• +1
Reactions: Neroem and mvp2v1
a flat occlusal plane is ideal wouldn’t it be? that’s what CCW attempts to achieve since 90% of people’s occlusal plans are too steep which is why they have downward growth

From looking at scans and talking w others, and from observation, a flatter occlusal plane is better.

I talked w a reputable surgeon and he said the jaw is supposed to grow not only forwards and in width but also it’s supposed to grow counter clockwise, which helps achieve a flatter occlusal plane. plus with a flatter plane, the bite forces get distributed better, as more force can be applied upwards instead of diagonally upwards to counteract downward growth and lower the cranial base. (i wrote a whole post about this if you’re curious lmk)
View attachment 2848279

it’s one of the primary determinants of an attractive face, see https://looksmax.org/threads/malfor...only-thing-that-determines-your-looks.884557/

Therefore, i think your theory is backwards.

I drew rough lines (not completely accurate) of the angles of their occlusionView attachment 2848285View attachment 2848286View attachment 2848288

you can see the right pics look far better than the left pics primarily due to a flatter occlusal plane and everything associated with it.

here the occlusal plane is steeper than ground level.
View attachment 2848290
vs flat View attachment 2848291

you can even see here in this gif how the classic mouth breather has a super steep occlusal plane and as the face transforms and gets uplifted in the better looking version the occlusal plane flattens
View attachment 2848289

Feel free to PM me pics of what you’re hoping to achieve
Maeks ur face too square