Is getting my Associate degree in Programming worth it?

lonelystoner

lonelystoner

Get a mortgage on your face.
25 year old guy here and thinking about going back to college again (dropped out few years back.) I have an interest in programming (I took a Java college class before) and was wondering if an Associate degree in Programming is worth it. I do not have the time or money for a BS degree and FAFSA will cover 100% of my associate degree. I was thinking either programming or IT. Anyone here have any experience or work as an IT profession or a programmer? Would love to hear some advice. Appreciate it boyos.

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel
I’m too low IQ for programming

Anyway FACE >>> degree

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: a1phenohorriblebones, HighIQcel and lonelystoner
25 year old guy here and thinking about going back to college again (dropped out few years back.) I have an interest in programming (I took a Java college class before) and was wondering if an Associate degree in Programming is worth it. I do not have the time or money for a BS degree and FAFSA will cover 100% of my associate degree. I was thinking either programming or IT. Anyone here have any experience or work as an IT profession or a programmer? Would love to hear some advice. Appreciate it boyos.
Yes you should. It's more of a logical subject which if you aren't good at as a male, you've failed.
It pays well, so much demand for IT jobs all over the world too now.

I’m too low IQ for programming

Anyway FACE >>> degree
I dont think you have to be a genius to program.
Also, yes Face > Degree
Yes you should. It's more of a logical subject which if you aren't good at as a male, you've failed.
It pays well, so much demand for IT jobs all over the world too now.
Thank you for your input. Should I go for IT or programming though? Seems like IT, I can move up the ladder quicker and get more salary raises.
Edit: Also, I feel like I can fit in IT with my nerdy co-workers and IT has less females in it.

Last edited:
I dont think you have to be a genius to program.
Also, yes Face > Degree

Thank you for your input. Should I go for IT or programming though? Seems like IT, I can move up the ladder quicker and get more salary raises.
Edit: Also, I feel like I can fit in IT with my nerdy co-workers and IT has less females in it.
IT