Is my coach wrong for this. Kickboxing coach. Greedy? Idk.

BibleBelieving

BibleBelieving

Banned
I went to two classes so far months ago. Payed the whole month. My phone broke and I stopped going to classes cuz of anxiety and shit. He said i ghosted him and that's not what a true athlete does. We talk here and there. I said this the other day

Anyways idk if I wanna do this it's much better for my mind if I take it week by week cuz I may just give up and it's better not being fully committed.

Me:
hmm thank you what is it at 5 pm? what kind of classes are for grown men like me? and also can i pay per week? I am depressed and anxious about things and have to do by the week please.

He replied.
"Come to school, then let's talk in person."

Now I have a lot of anxiety to go. He has gorgeous girls in his kickboxing class btw and they seemed to like me and said I was good hitting pads. It's cuz I trained before.

But I have anxiety having to ask my mom to drive me all the way there and tell her "oh yeah he just wants to talk."

She will be like wtf and worried.

I replied

"So no offense but I can't know now? because otherwise I just won't sign up and I'll just give up then. I'm anxious to come over there just to talk about it and then I'll have to drive all the way home afterwards. You are a good coach and I would like to train and see if I can do it or not.

My mom will also ask me questions because I will just talk and then get over the stress."

Last edited:
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: GalacticHero and LowTrust
Help

• Love it
Reactions: Crusile
Help

• Love it
Reactions: Crusile
There is a general expectation of respect amongst most serious trainers. Even though you paid money, you not showing up without notifying is a bit disrespectful. For example, if there are 10 people expected on a day, and only 9 show, someone doesn't have someone to roll or spar with. And that's assuming the trainer isn't going an extra step and making accommodations for your level.

If they camp is legit, the coach is legit, the people training there are legit, and the environment is peaceful, apologize for the inconvenience in person and you possibly build a stronger bond, or go to another camp and make sure they aren't linked in anyway. lol

• +1
Reactions: Zonar, Mr.Proper, chadcel; and 1 other person
great post mustafa!

• Love it
Reactions: looksmidder
There is a general expectation of respect amongst most serious trainers. Even though you paid money, you not showing up without notifying is a bit disrespectful. For example, if there are 10 people expected on a day, and only 9 show, someone doesn't have someone to roll or spar with. And that's assuming the trainer isn't going an extra step and making accommodations for your level.

If they camp is legit, the coach is legit, the people training there are legit, and the environment is peaceful, apologize for the inconvenience in person and you possibly build a stronger bond, or go to another camp and make sure they aren't linked in anyway. lol
Everyday it's basically any students can show up though.

My phone broke so I couldn't contact him and I had social anxiety. I still have it about going there. It's a nice gym tho. His student who helps coach also had a mma fight..

Everyday it's basically any students can show up though.

My phone broke so I couldn't contact him and I had social anxiety. I still have it about going there. It's a nice gym tho. His student who helps coach also had a mma fight..

Yeah, just explain all of that and apologize, then you are done. Your issue isn't a big deal, you should be happy the guy cares beyond just extracting your monthly money.

• +1
Reactions: zura and BibleBelieving

One time I went and saw his main students before class standing and all talking wearing these tracksuit sweat suits with the team name on it. I thought it was some fighting uniform we wear during class and I said

oh im new i dont have those. Is it ok?

he then takes the oppurtinity to pressure me to buy one. Takes me his pc and pressures me it seemed to buy one. Cuz I made one naive comment. He thought he could sell me it maybe. I'm in the balkans rn and he prob knows I have money since I'm from America. He said if I want to order it.

I said "ehhhh" as in not really. And I asked if I actually NEED it.

I sent him this.

"the reason for one week at a time is because mentally it is a great trick so i dont get stressed and can commit knowing i can quit anytime and take it week by week. That if i ever feel different i can take a break or stop. that im not locked.

ok ok fine. i dont want to be annoying or rude, you have been patient. i will try to get myself to come sometime. i will see.."

This reads like a redditor

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: dannydipss, eduardkoopman and BibleBelieving
One time I went and saw his main students before class standing and all talking wearing these tracksuit sweat suits with the team name on it. I thought it was some fighting uniform we wear during class and I said

oh im new i dont have those. Is it ok?

he then takes the oppurtinity to pressure me to buy one. Takes me his pc and pressures me it seemed to buy one. Cuz I made one naive comment. He thought he could sell me it maybe. I'm in the balkans rn and he prob knows I have money since I'm from America. He said if I want to order it.

I said "ehhhh" as in not really. And I asked if I actually NEED it.

I sent him this.

"the reason for one week at a time is because mentally it is a great trick so i dont get stressed and can commit knowing i can quit anytime and take it week by week. That if i ever feel different i can take a break or stop. that im not locked.

ok ok fine. i dont want to be annoying or rude, you have been patient. i will try to get myself to come sometime. i will see.."

See, I don't know the environment but one thing is very simple, don't train with assholes, especially if the coach is an asshole. Your coach should be as stoic, wise, stable, and sane as possible. I'm dead serious, if your coach doesn't seem like a role model, leave. People greatly underestimate this, if it isn't smooth brain coaches that have nothing to show for their camp, it's the 24/7 live spar dudebro shit, the best camps have coaches that come off like college professors. So aim for that.

if you aren't autistic you would know that him asking you to talk in real life means he cares about you and wants to talk about your anxiety and solve it together. even if that's not the case it's disrespectful to not show up and you should apologize in person and show some respect. you're basically blackmailing him by saying you won't sign up if he won't answer by text, which is very disrespectful and you would be lucky if he even wants to talk to you in person.

if you aren't autistic you would know that him asking you to talk in real life means he cares about you and wants to talk about your anxiety and solve it together. even if that's not the case it's disrespectful to not show up and you should apologize in person and show some respect. you're basically blackmailing him by saying you won't sign up if he won't answer by text, which is very disrespectful and you would be lucky if he even wants to talk to you in person.
Why can't he tell me straight up. Ok come by and pay for the week.

Instead he wants to talk to me in person and perhaps verbally bully me and pressure me to pay for the month. That's what I thought. But maybe you're right I may just sign up.

Me:
hmm thank you what is it at 5 pm? what kind of classes are for grown men like me? and also can i pay per week? I am depressed and anxious about things and have to do by the week please.
You wrote sms like this to your kickboxing coach? Dude, it's over for you

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 28117 and chadcel;
What is the goal/purpose of training with him and there?

If you wanna compete in matches, you are in big trouble .
If you do it a bit for fun, recreation, fitness. Than it's not that big of an issue being a skipper, but you will obviously still have to pay for the booked time.

What is the goal/purpose of training with him and there?

If you wanna compete in matches, you are in big trouble .
If you do it a bit for fun, recreation, fitness. Than it's not that big of an issue being a skipper, but you will obviously still have to pay for the booked time.
I asked him can he train me to have a fight. He said I gotta go to classes and train .

The other gyms I would go to didn't care or take me seriously this may be a sign from God to go take it seriously now.

I’ll give you a real answer he just wants you to show up in person so he can talk you into buying his program all trainers are salesman. Being knowledgeable in sports or lifting means jack shit in a commercial gym if you can’t sell yourself doesn’t mean he’s a bad guy or doesn’t know what he’s talking about he’s gotta make a living and your money to him.

• +1
Reactions: BibleBelieving
Also you sound like a huge pussy so maybe work on that before trying mma

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: dannydipss, chadcel;, BibleBelieving and 1 other person
I asked him can he train me to have a fight. He said I gotta go to classes and train .
Than you are legit, fucked. With how you skipp training, because of reasons you mentioned before.

You think your opponent, of your match/fight. Have skipped training, because he fealt socially anxious? Or because of the training payment fee? Or because his phone broke? Or because his mental state was bad?

While you are skipping training.
Your openent was training a 3 steps combo, for 500 times, to perfect it. Where he gonna smoke you with. If you ain't training just as hard as him.
The other gyms I would go to didn't care or take me seriously this may be a sign from God to go take it seriously now.
If you wanna do fighting match. Against a trained person.
This can be really dangerous, if you suck at it. Since it's even dangerous, when one is good at it.

• +1
Reactions: dannydipss and NECK&VOICE
You should have just asked to get the information before you go, no need to go through all that. Regardless, it's no big deal , if you decide to show up and he holds your text against you, then.thats petty and it probably isnt somebody you wamma train over. Training is about your development, not pleasing your coach. You could show up once a year if you wanted. Just show up and next time, ask him in person, and if you notice he's being weird , then it's his loss and you can find a new gym.

I’ll give you a real answer he just wants you to show up in person so he can talk you into buying his program all trainers are salesman. Being knowledgeable in sports or lifting means jack shit in a commercial gym if you can’t sell yourself doesn’t mean he’s a bad guy or doesn’t know what he’s talking about he’s gotta make a living and your money to him.
Than you are legit, fucked. With how you skipp training, because of reasons you mentioned before.

You think your opponent, of your match/fight. Have skipped training, because he fealt socially anxious? Or because of the training payment fee? Or because his phone broke? Or because his mental state was bad?

While you are skipping training.
Your openent was training a 3 steps combo, for 500 times, to perfect it. Where he gonna smoke you with. If you ain't training just as hard as him.

If you wanna do fighting match. Against a trained person.
This can be really dangerous, if you suck at it. Since it's even dangerous, when one is good at it.
You should have just asked to get the information before you go, no need to go through all that. Regardless, it's no big deal , if you decide to show up and he holds your text against you, then.thats petty and it probably isnt somebody you wamma train over. Training is about your development, not pleasing your coach. You could show up once a year if you wanted. Just show up and next time, ask him in person, and if you notice he's being weird , then it's his loss and you can find a new gym.
He's been patient with me. After I went one day or two days and stopped for 4 days in a row he called me and asked if I'm going to come again or not.

I know the programs. 8pm is training everyday. I just wanted to know if I can pay the 40euros or or 50 euros weekly and cut it in four

He's been patient with me. After I went one day or two days and stopped for 4 days in a row he called me and asked if I'm going to come again or not.

I know the programs. 8pm is training everyday. I just wanted to know if I can pay the 40euros or or 50 euros weekly and cut it in four
All this cope worrying about wether paying 160 euro at once, or 30 euro per week.

Instead of worrying about. Some ogre, you may fight next, whose only goal it is to make your head bounce of the canvas. Which may fuck you up 4 life

• +1
Reactions: dannydipss
Who the fuck tells other people, especially their coaches about their self-esteem issues? Never do this
It's called being real and not a try hard fake poser. Every real person is open and not self conscious. If I'm blessed by GOD I'll be blessed. I'm fast. I'm not ashamed of my mental issues or anxiety. Playing try hard and tough guy is cringe and npc.

All this cope worrying about wether paying 160 euro at once, or 30 euro per week.

Instead of worrying about. Some ogre, you may fight next, whose only goal it is to make your head bounce of the canvas. Which may fuck you up 4 life
It's actually 40 altogether. Yeah it's not even a bad price at all I just payed it all.

your social anxiety is brutal, you are beyond fucked if you keep going like this, you will fail all your opportunities in life, just go there and train and put yourself out there as much as possible otherwise its over you will die a virgin not even kidding

• +1
Reactions: BibleBelieving
It's actually 40 altogether. Yeah it's not even a bad price at all I just payed it all.
It's a giga good price. Show the dude respect, listen to him, train to your max. If you have any goal, that you want to be a mogger fighter in the ring.

Being a fighter I gigs stressful.
I done 1 fight so far in my life. The whole build up to it. And so on. I'd stressful as fuck. One needs to be able to use and manage it.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 28117 and BibleBelieving
your social anxiety is brutal, you are beyond fucked if you keep going like this, you will fail all your opportunities in life, just go there and train and put yourself out there as much as possible otherwise its over you will die a virgin not even kidding
Thank you brother. I will. I hope you accept Christ because you're such a beautiful helpful soul compared to most.

Jesus is Real and many are actually seeing Him in visions. millions. I prayed and Christ helped me get to the gym and train 3 hours and be confident.

Yeah I signed up and will go more often..

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 28117
It's a giga good price. Show the dude respect, listen to him, train to your max. If you have any goal, that you want to be a mogger fighter in the ring.

Being a fighter I gigs stressful.
I done 1 fight so far in my life. The whole build up to it. And so on. I'd stressful as fuck. One needs to be able to use and manage it.
I want to train for at least one fight I told him. I will deff do all this thank you brother honestly.

I trained for 3 hours last night.

I hope you accept Christ because you're such a beautiful helpful soul compared to most.

Jesus is Real and many are actually seeing Him in visions. millions. I prayed and Christ helped me get to the gym and train 3 hours and be confident.

op is neurodivergent maxx