Is my skincare routine good?

slayerToBe

slayerToBe

Silver
So I have been on a skincare routine for about a month and I am only noticing little change. Is my skincare routine good?

1) CeraVe Acne Control Cleanser
Screenshot 20221003 153719 Google

2) CeraVe Resurfacing Retinol Serum
Screenshot 20221003 153803 Google

3) CeraVe Eye Repair Cream
Screenshot 20221003 153923 Google

4) CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion
Screenshot 20221003 154138 Google

These are the products I use, in this order. Should I keep this up or should I make changes to my skincare routine? If so, what do you suggest I should use/do instead?

• +1
Reactions: CyprusGD and PointOfNoReturn
Add sunscreen.

Not BananaBoat, though. I recommend EVY SPF (Preferably 50).

• +1
Reactions: PointOfNoReturn
Add sunscreen.

Not BananaBoat, though. I recommend EVY SPF (Preferably 50).
The AM Moisturizer comes with sunscreen (SPF 30), is that not sufficient?

• +1
If it works for you then it's good. I used that same nighttime moisturizer and it didn't really do the job. My face didn't feel that moisturized and felt kinda dry and itchy. I was only using it until I got my next curology shipment. Tbh curology cleared my horrible cystic acne just because of how good the cleanser and moisturizer are alone I didn't even use that special personalized cream they gave me. They also gave me a body wash for acne and it got rid of my bacne so that's pretty awesome too. Curology can be pretty expensive but I love it and need it to keep clear skin

• +1
The AM Moisturizer comes with sunscreen (SPF 30), is that not sufficient?
It's probably fine then, unless you're spending hours and hours in the sun.

first off-
get a better sunscreen, one that is marketed as SPF not moisturizer w SPF. preferrably a tinted mineral broad spectrum spf30+

eye cream is a waste for most people, regular moisturizer is fine. unless your skin is really oily, then use a lotion or cream that is thicker at night and apply to damp skin after washing. if it's really oily, then that moisturizer is fine most of the time.

the retinol is fine to start, but when you run out of it, use tretinoin 3x weekly or adapalene 3x weekly instead. tret will prob require a scrip, adapalene you can get otc.

the cleanser is ok, but you don't need to constantly use salycilic acid cleanser. just get a neutral one that lathers a bit if you're oily and a creamier one if you aren't. If you have acne, then use BP 5-10% wash a few days a week and leave it on for 5-10 minutes before washing off - not on same day as retinoid.

sample
am:
wash (optional)
moisturizer (optional)
apply sunscreen

pm:
neutral wash
moisturize damp skin
then use retinoid once it dries after a few minutes

if you want GREAT skikn, to upgrade your skincare further
- add in vitamin c serum in the morning before putting on sunscreen
- glycolic acid 15-20% peel a few times a week, you can get pads or liquids etc. and you would do that after washing face w neutral cleanser, and no retinoid after moisturizing.

but the most important thing is to wear protect w sunscreen, wash, moisturize. then retinoid, and AHAs like glycolic acid, vitamin c.

• +1
Reactions: tombradylover, Elvisandreaa and slayerToBe
CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion
Screenshot 20221003 154138 Google
just get the daily moisturizing lotion instead

otherwise ur good.

btw i have that same retinol. I might substitute it for tretinoin instead

first off-
get a better sunscreen, one that is marketed as SPF not moisturizer w SPF. preferrably a tinted mineral broad spectrum spf30+

eye cream is a waste for most people, regular moisturizer is fine. unless your skin is really oily, then use a lotion or cream that is thicker at night and apply to damp skin after washing. if it's really oily, then that moisturizer is fine most of the time.

the retinol is fine to start, but when you run out of it, use tretinoin 3x weekly or adapalene 3x weekly instead. tret will prob require a scrip, adapalene you can get otc.

the cleanser is ok, but you don't need to constantly use salycilic acid cleanser. just get a neutral one that lathers a bit if you're oily and a creamier one if you aren't. If you have acne, then use BP 5-10% wash a few days a week and leave it on for 5-10 minutes before washing off - not on same day as retinoid.

sample
am:
wash (optional)
moisturizer (optional)
apply sunscreen

pm:
neutral wash
moisturize damp skin
then use retinoid once it dries after a few minutes

if you want GREAT skikn, to upgrade your skincare further
- add in vitamin c serum in the morning before putting on sunscreen
- glycolic acid 15-20% peel a few times a week, you can get pads or liquids etc. and you would do that after washing face w neutral cleanser, and no retinoid after moisturizing.

but the most important thing is to wear protect w sunscreen, wash, moisturize. then retinoid, and AHAs like glycolic acid, vitamin c.
The renewing SA cleanser by cerave is gentle enough to be used daily but as the name states, it contains salycilic acid so its good for acne, its better than the cleanser he is using.

You can get tretinoin from amazon so you dont need a prescription, but its more expensive.

Sunscreen is filled with endocrine disruptors, natural diet > sunscreen for UV protection.

So I have been on a skincare routine for about a month and I am only noticing little change. Is my skincare routine good?

1) CeraVe Acne Control Cleanser
View attachment 1893794

2) CeraVe Resurfacing Retinol Serum
View attachment 1893795

3) CeraVe Eye Repair Cream
View attachment 1893792

4) CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion
View attachment 1893793

These are the products I use, in this order. Should I keep this up or should I make changes to my skincare routine? If so, what do you suggest I should use/do instead?
Add tret

The renewing SA cleanser by cerave is gentle enough to be used daily but as the name states, it contains salycilic acid so its good for acne, its better than the cleanser he is using.

You can get tretinoin from amazon so you dont need a prescription, but its more expensive.

Sunscreen is filled with endocrine disruptors, natural diet > sunscreen for UV protection.
endocrine disruptors must have destroyed your brain retard.

tretinoin is not on amazon.

sunscreen > moronic theories

endocrine disruptors must have destroyed your brain retard.

tretinoin is not on amazon.

sunscreen > moronic theories
Tret is on Amazon, search it up.

And I was trying to have a civil discussion but apparently your brain isn’t capable of handling that so you resort to insults.

Go to a psychiatrist; you need help.

Retin A and good diet

• +1
Reactions: CyprusGD
If it works for you then it's good. I used that same nighttime moisturizer and it didn't really do the job. My face didn't feel that moisturized and felt kinda dry and itchy. I was only using it until I got my next curology shipment. Tbh curology cleared my horrible cystic acne just because of how good the cleanser and moisturizer are alone I didn't even use that special personalized cream they gave me. They also gave me a body wash for acne and it got rid of my bacne so that's pretty awesome too. Curology can be pretty expensive but I love it and need it to keep clear skin
They started selling curology cleanser at target. Did your cleanser include the benzoyl peroxide or was it the light foam face wash? I was thinking about getting it