IS STEM VS LAW VS DOCTOR WHICH IS BETTER AND LESS SATURATED

WHICH IS MORE VIABLE , LESS SATURATED AND STABLE

• Total voters
thank you everyne but i have a question

why is law so capped ?

i mean med is a very long path and a lot of dedication is required tho but i took olevels as a CS so can i swith to med or should i continue in STEM

ALSO if i get in a TOP 50 law school is it enough or does it have to be top 10

@m0ss26 , @GriffithMaxx ,@User28823

ALSO if i get in a TOP 50 law school is it enough or does it have to be top 10

@m0ss26 , @GriffithMaxx ,@User28823

Top 50 isn't awful but whenever you hear about those big shot lawyers making a lot of money they're usually from top 15 schools or something. If you're interested in law then search the employment statistics for the law school you'd plan on attending. There should also be statistics for what the average salary for a grad from there is. You can make your decision from there. I will say that one of the most important things you can do in University is build connections with students, professors, etc. I've seen idiots get good jobs because of their connections. Meet and befriend people people that you think may be of benefit to you in the long run. ultimately, a top 50 school can be enough but may require more work for you to be successful. I know people that graduated from awful law schools that managed to get great jobs because of people they had connections with.

CS is very good as well but only if you can land a job. You'd have to find ways to set yourself apart from the 100000000000000000000 other people doing CS but if you can get ahead of others via good grades, projects, internships, etc. you might find a good job. it's just very saturated so setting yourself apart from others can be very difficult.

• +1
Reactions: A23ghskung and based_pakichad421
Top 50 isn't awful but whenever you hear about those big shot lawyers making a lot of money they're usually from top 15 schools or something. If you're interested in law then search the employment statistics for the law school you'd plan on attending. There should also be statistics for what the average salary for a grad from there is. You can make your decision from there. I will say that one of the most important things you can do in University is build connections with students, professors, etc. I've seen idiots get good jobs because of their connections. Meet and befriend people people that you think may be of benefit to you in the long run. ultimately, a top 50 school can be enough but may require more work for you to be successful. I know people that graduated from awful law schools that managed to get great jobs because of people they had connections with.

CS is very good as well but only if you can land a job. You'd have to find ways to set yourself apart from the 100000000000000000000 other people doing CS but if you can get ahead of others via good grades, projects, internships, etc. you might find a good job. it's just very saturated so setting yourself apart from others can be very difficult.
i see thank u very much but stem is diffrent from it/computer science right? also what do u think about accountant as a job i am in a real pickle my heart says law but people tell me its a bad job i am in a very bad place rn

i see thank u very much but stem is diffrent from it/computer science right? also what do u think about accountant as a job i am in a real pickle my heart says law but people tell me its a bad job i am in a very bad place rn
STEM isn't one specific thing, it stands for science, technology, engineering, and math. STEM jobs can be a variety of different things such as engineering, computer science, IT, etc.

I will say that if you truly love law then go for it. It's not like you're saying you want to do art or something. With law, even at a top 50 school you can still find a great job, it just might be harder than someone from a top 10 or something finding a great job. I did engineering because it was a four year degree that paid the most but I hate every second I spend working as a result. If you love law and can excel at school as a result of it then go ahead and do law.

Accounting isn't bad but if you're miserable and don't enjoy accounting then you'll hate your life.

• +1
Reactions: based_pakichad421
STEM isn't one specific thing, it stands for science, technology, engineering, and math. STEM jobs can be a variety of different things such as engineering, computer science, IT, etc.

I will say that if you truly love law then go for it. It's not like you're saying you want to do art or something. With law, even at a top 50 school you can still find a great job, it just might be harder than someone from a top 10 or something finding a great job. I did engineering because it was a four year degree that paid the most but I hate every second I spend working as a result. If you love law and can excel at school as a result of it then go ahead and do law.

Accounting isn't bad but if you're miserable and don't enjoy accounting then you'll hate your life.
yeah i love law tho its something i can enjoy im good at writing and memrising plus philosphical situations but i fear that i may not be able to find a good job
also what kindo of law is the best

yeah i love law tho its something i can enjoy im good at writing and memrising plus philosphical situations but i fear that i may not be able to find a good job
also what kindo of law is the best
Not sure which is the best, you'd have to research online and see what you'd like the most. As for the good job part, the best thing you can do is search up the statistics for what the employment rate/salary is for grads from your university. I know in the US most schools include that, not sure if that is where you're from though. At the end of the day, if law is what you like then maybe you should go that way since doing something you don't like might leave you miserable.

• +1
Not sure which is the best, you'd have to research online and see what you'd like the most. As for the good job part, the best thing you can do is search up the statistics for what the employment rate/salary is for grads from your university. I know in the US most schools include that, not sure if that is where you're from though. At the end of the day, if law is what you like then maybe you should go that way since doing something you don't like might leave you miserable.
i agree but its my parents they are forcing me for stem and IT but i dont know what to do also what engineer are u?

These are all great options, just pick the one that’s most interesting to you lil nigga

• +1
All relative good options. Also depends on country, I would say STEM makes sense in USA only. In Europe it only makes sense if you really like it.

STEM is overrated in general, once the tech boom ends it will not have any significant advantages over law or medicine. I'm someone working in IT and I see how overrated it is.

If your parents push you to go to IT and you don't want to go then show them this graph (note that this obviously include ghost jobs too!!)

And show them some youtube videos on how software engineers with 5+ years of experience struggle to find new jobs.

Or videos like this:

It should be relative easy to educate your parents about how STEM (IT especially) is overrated because it's true.

You should go to the one you think you'll like the most, none of these have any significant advantages, especially not STEM.

• +1
Reactions: Ryldoo IS COPING
thank you everyne but i have a question

why is law so capped ?

i mean med is a very long path and a lot of dedication is required tho but i took olevels as a CS so can i swith to med or should i continue in STEM
Can only speak to the US but—Law is oversaturated. Any idiot can get into law school, there’s so many of them and you don’t need to take chemistry and calculus as a pre req like you do with med school. Med school is highly selective, even the lower ranked ones. But with law you have many midwits competing for every position. So yeah law is not worth it unless you go to a top 20 school. Its also boring af. At least being a doctor could be interesting if you pick the right speciality.

• +1
Can only speak to the US but—Law is oversaturated. Any idiot can get into law school, there’s so many of them and you don’t need to take chemistry and calculus as a pre req like you do with med school. Med school is highly selective, even the lower ranked ones. But with law you have many midwits competing for every position. So yeah law is not worth it unless you go to a top 20 school. Its also boring af. At least being a doctor could be interesting if you pick the right speciality.
i see thank you it was my fear if i wont get into a top school it would be over

but doctor takes a hell of a lot of time tho

what about stem ??

i see thank you it was my fear if i wont get into a top school it would be over

but doctor takes a hell of a lot of time tho

what about stem ??
Stem is so broad, but if you mean like electrical or mechanical engineering or software dev, then they’re fine jobs if you’re into that stuff. You won’t be around any women though and it can be vulnerable to outsourcing. There are literally millions of curry stemcels willing to take over your job for less than half the pay.

• +1
Reactions: laaltin and based_pakichad421
Stem is so broad, but if you mean like electrical or mechanical engineering or software dev, then they’re fine jobs if you’re into that stuff. You won’t be around any women though and it can be vulnerable to outsourcing. There are literally millions of curry stemcels willing to take over your job for less than half the pay.
yeah dude i can see 99percent of dudes in my school are STEMCELS

• +1
Reactions: RoyaleWithCheese
go into trades they are all gay

• JFL
Reactions: based_pakichad421 and RoyaleWithCheese
  • +1
Maths/Applied Maths undergrad, econ grad, CFA. You gotta be in NYC or London though.

• +1
Reactions: RoyaleWithCheese and based_pakichad421
You can do doctor and then go into some expensive field like radiology and make 500k/yr

Generally speaking lawyers have a higher ceiling than doctors, but lower floor. Become a lawyer if you're not ADHDcel and enjoy a lot of reading and writing.

Tech mogs both tho imo. But its more for Autistically inclined ppl
Recommend a tech degree please

Doctors have the most job availability out of any high paying careers

College is for liberals though

this is retarded advice
do u know the time commitment to even one of these fields?
just be jack of all trades and a master of none theory
good way to fail miserably considering the applicants to these fields are focusing their full attention to a single one

getting a coding or engineering job is a lot easier than becoming a dr or lawyer
The time that goes into each of these fields comes after college, not during. In other countries, you skip straight to law or med school, but in America you have to go through college first. Using college to find out which field you're best at is a good strategy. You certainly aren't falling behind the English major who's staking everything on law.

The time that goes into each of these fields comes after college, not during. In other countries, you skip straight to law or med school, but in America you have to go through college first. Using college to find out which field you're best at is a good strategy. You certainly aren't falling behind the English major who's staking everything on law.
there's no way u actually believe that
do u know how hard u grind just to get into med school? to get into law school? to get a coding job?
i don't think you've ever actually done any degree if u think u can attempt to study for the MCAT, LSAT, and do coding on the side...
do u just expect to do shadow doctors, do leadership / law related extracurriculars, and a coding internship in the same summer? even dispersed throughout the year thats insane

do u know how hard u grind just to get into med school? to get into law school? to get a coding job?
i don't think you've ever actually done any degree if u think u can attempt to study for the MCAT, LSAT, and do coding on the side...
do u just expect to do shadow doctors, do leadership / law related extracurriculars, and a coding internship in the same summer? even dispersed throughout the year thats insane
My uncle is a lawyer at Ebay who makes 1 million a year, most of
My uncle is a lawyer at EBay who makes 1 milllion a year who’s also mentoring me. He gave me the advice to go into cognitive science and keep my options open. My cousin also codes for Amazon and makes 500,000 a year. He also told me bachelors is underrated and to not narrow down into one field yet. By specifically choosing one field so early on, you’re killing your future career. There’s no way you know what you’re best at by the time you graduate highschool.

Also there’s no reason to do a law internship since law schools only care about LSAT and GPA. Med school mostly only cares about MCAT and GPA. There’s a reason cognitive science majors are the highest paid non engineering major. It’s because not choosing one major early on lets you pick the highest paying career path.

Dentistry mogs both.

My uncle is a lawyer at Ebay who makes 1 million a year, most of

My uncle is a lawyer at EBay who makes 1 milllion a year who’s also mentoring me. He gave me the advice to go into cognitive science and keep my options open. My cousin also codes for Amazon and makes 500,000 a year. He also told me bachelors is underrated and to not narrow down into one field yet. By specifically choosing one field so early on, you’re killing your future career. There’s no way you know what you’re best at by the time you graduate highschool.
thats crazy bro, my dads jeff bezos