Is this a solid Vitamin D3/K2 Supplement?

Deleted member 4612

Deleted member 4612

mentally crippled by lonely teen years
Use k2 mk4 only

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214, Deleted member 4612 and yang
Does not even need to be supplemented.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043 and yang
Not really a point in supplementing

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214
  • +1
Reactions: Marsiere214
Idc if you do it. It's not worth it. But up to you to decide what ya wanna do
sounds good. I just bought some d3 and I already had a little k2 mk4 anyway. I'll keep supplementing just to get the bare neccessities

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh
liver and old gouda cheese or any old cheese is loaded with k2

Does not even need to be supplemented.
I am sorry but this is simply not true. If somebody is supplementing vitamin d, especially in high dosages (actually 2000iu are already classed as high dose) it is advised to also supplement K2, else you will become deficient. You are risking reversal of the positive outcomes from vitamin d supplementation in deficient people: increased integration of calcium in the bones (osteoporosis) and reduction of plaques in blood vessels (arteriosclerosis)

@personalityinkwell make sure to take the vitamin d supplements with some fatty foods, else absorption is not as good
Also if you are deficient you might want to consider starting with higher dosages (10k,20k) and then slowly taper these down as your levels rise. Keep in mind if you were to be outside in the sun you could easily absorb 20k per day. The reason why people often fearmonger in regards to high dose protocols is because in most studies people were only administered vitamin d, without k2 or magnesium (which is not as necessary as k2).
Kale, potatoes, broccoli, smoked salmon

You are confusing phylloquinone (K1) and menaquinone (K2). The foods you listed were high in K1, but not in K2. They are not exchangeable because K1 has bad bioavailability compared to K2: https://academic.oup.com/jn/article/134/11/3100/4688389

Up to 97% of western populations have a deficiency or insufficiency of K2

Legumes, vegtables, fruits, lean meats, seafood, whole grains and nuts are all virtually free of K2. If you are not regularly eating fermentated foods or animal organs, because Vitamin K is not stored as long as other fat-solubles, you are more likely to be K2 deficient.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Marsiere214 and Seth Walsh