Is this diffuse thinning?

i might be wrong but i think its mainly a race thing, asians tend to have thick but at the same time low density hair @Native
View attachment 1007490
I truly truly don’t understand it. Like I hate that I can see my scalp. It makes me look like I’m balding. I might be. I don’t remember my hair being this thin. What the fuck. I don’t have enough pictures to conclusively tell.

I truly truly don’t understand it. Like I hate that I can see my scalp. It makes me look like I’m balding. I might be. I don’t remember my hair being this thin. What the fuck. I don’t have enough pictures to conclusively tell.
I think you have scarring alopecia. I think I have it too

actually if you're taking accutane you might be diffuse thinning. But what I said was still true, you have normal/average hair density for an 18 year old. But was your hair way thicker when you were younger or before accutane? If you had very thick hair, and now have normal hair density, accutane might of caused some temporary thinning.

Just don't take accutane if you want my advice.

But it looks denser than your sister's hair. At the very least equal but probably denser so your density is genetic most like

But again: you have to see if it's different than it was before
All my pictures from years ago it’s hard to tell because my hair was so much longer. I definitely never had super dense hair, but it was always super long covering my scalp and laying flat. I just don’t know if I’m fucking balding. And I don’t want to be at age fucking 20. I look 18.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8461 and .🇹🇩.
All my pictures from years ago it’s hard to tell because my hair was so much longer. I definitely never had super dense hair, but it was always super long covering my scalp and laying flat. I just don’t know if I’m fucking balding. And I don’t want to be at age fucking 20. I look 18.
Why are you not going to a derm?

I mean logically there's only three likely scenarios from what you're telling me.

1) Either you're hair was thicker and it's thinning from accutane and your hair will get denser if you stop taking it

2) You're not thinning and your current hair density is genetic

3) You're hair was thicker and now it's thinning for an unrelated reason you haven't identified

Either way you have full normal hair density for a TEEN bro. At age 20 most dudes already have some norwooding with the corners poking inwards and you're at nw0.

If you're trying to get that insane zayn malik / toni mahfud density there's a whole bunch of ways to increase it but minox is #1. On average increases hair density by 25%. In the case of scenario 3, do some research as to what causes diffuse thinning and eliminate them one by one. The main ones should be covered on blood work for nutritional deficiencies (mainly iron), hypothyroidism, diabetic issues, but more commonly STRESS. JFL look at this shit:

Stress hair loss is temporary and happens to everyone at some point in their life usually affecting the overall density.

There are some rare causes of hair loss like Lichen that one the user on here had, so if you do everything and still notice thinning and

And regardless of which scenario I wrote is true, you should start looking into mpb prevention now.

I was in a similar state years ago. I had zero recession but it looked like my hair was thinner. Reason was because of the stress I was putting by body through was stim abuse.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa and pythong
I mean logically there's only three likely scenarios from what you're telling me.

1) Either you're hair was thicker and it's thinning from accutane and your hair will get denser if you stop taking it

2) You're not thinning and your current hair density is genetic

3) You're hair was thicker and now it's thinning for an unrelated reason you haven't identified

Either way you have full normal hair density for a TEEN bro. At age 20 most dudes already have some norwooding with the corners poking inwards and you're at nw0.

If you're trying to get that insane zayn malik / toni mahfud density there's a whole bunch of ways to increase it but minox is #1. On average increases hair density by 25%. In the case of scenario 3, do some research as to what causes diffuse thinning and eliminate them one by one. The main ones should be covered on blood work for nutritional deficiencies (mainly iron), hypothyroidism, diabetic issues, but more commonly STRESS. JFL look at this shit:
View attachment 1009343
Stress hair loss is temporary and happens to everyone at some point in their life usually affecting the overall density.

There are some rare causes of hair loss like Lichen that one the user on here had, so if you do everything and still notice thinning and

And regardless of which scenario I wrote is true, you should start looking into mpb prevention now.

I was in a similar state years ago. I had zero recession but it looked like my hair was thinner. Reason was because of the stress I was putting by body through was stim abuse.
Do you think it’s possible I caused my hair to thin through excessive drinking combined with caffiene abuse combined with accutane? I don’t know. I hope this is the case. It’s really, really scary though to wake up every morning and see your full visible scalp in the morning every day. I DONT REMEMBER IT LIKE THIS. Like I could always see my scalp, my density was never that good BUT IT WAS NEVER THIS BAD. Maybe the recent drinking caused it? I don’t know. Thank you for your response, I’m really scared still. Even worse I think I caught COVID I’m fucking bed ridden right now worrying about hair loss. I quit the accutane but I have no idea what’s going to happen.

You are overanalyzing it. Your hair looks fine. Maybe you are thinning because of the accutane or something else, but anyone would think they are diffuse thinning if they always look at their hair and analyze how many hairs they lose. The average person loses many hairs a day, its especially noticable if you have long hair. If you have the genetics for it you will thin/go bald so you might as well accept it and start hair loss meds if you dont want to lose hair

Do you think it’s possible I caused my hair to thin through excessive drinking combined with caffiene abuse combined with accutane? I don’t know. I hope this is the case. It’s really, really scary though to wake up every morning and see your full visible scalp in the morning every day. I DONT REMEMBER IT LIKE THIS. Like I could always see my scalp, my density was never that good BUT IT WAS NEVER THIS BAD. Maybe the recent drinking caused it? I don’t know. Thank you for your response, I’m really scared still. Even worse I think I caught COVID I’m fucking bed ridden right now worrying about hair loss. I quit the accutane but I have no idea what’s going to happen.
drinking seems unlikely for a 20 year old. I had been abusing drugs since I was 12 only noticed thinning when I was 20 and at that point I was already smoking meth, taking benzos, zoppies, addies, preggies, edibles, drinking, vaping/smoking nic and weed nonstop. I doubt your drinking caused but if it did, it's reversible

"It isn’t likely. There’s no direct link between alcohol use and hair loss. That being said, heavy drinking may lead to situations, like nutritional deficiencies or hormonal issues, that can thin out your locks."

But you gotta be consistent:
"Keep in mind that even temporary hair loss may not immediately respond to these measures. In general, it can take six to nine months for normal hair growth to resume."

You are overanalyzing it. Your hair looks fine. Maybe you are thinning because of the accutane or something else, but anyone would think they are diffuse thinning if they always look at their hair and analyze how many hairs they lose. The average person loses many hairs a day, its especially noticable if you have long hair. If you have the genetics for it you will thin/go bald so you might as well accept it and start hair loss meds if you dont want to lose hair
I’m looking at my hair in the mirror right now and it looks worse every day. I don’t notice any hairs on my pillow I check every day. In the morning I ruffle through my hair to see how many fall put, maybe 1-3 fall put but that seems to be normal. My roomate did the same thing in front of me and he has dense NW0 with no hair loss genetics and he covered the sink in hair, so it seems I’m not shedding. I don’t fucking get it man. My scalp is visibly more thin. I believe accutane is the cause. I hope it goes away. My scalp was NEVER this visible, something is definitely wrong. My hairline has not receded at all, the density on the top of my head anyway is absolutely terrible.

• +1
Reactions: SkinjobCatastrophe
drinking seems unlikely for a 20 year old. I had been abusing drugs since I was 12 only noticed thinning when I was 20 and at that point I was already smoking meth, taking benzos, zoppies, addies, preggies, edibles, drinking, vaping/smoking nic and weed nonstop. I doubt your drinking caused but if it did, it's reversible

"It isn’t likely. There’s no direct link between alcohol use and hair loss. That being said, heavy drinking may lead to situations, like nutritional deficiencies or hormonal issues, that can thin out your locks."

"Keep in mind that even temporary hair loss may not immediately respond to these measures. In general, it can take six to nine months for normal hair growth to resume."
So alcohol and accutane combined wouldn’t cause hair loss. It’s definitely the accutane then. I had thin hair to begin with, but not THIS thin. I don’t understand it. I always had been able to see my scalp but believe me, my hair is THIIIIIN right now. Really thin. Like almost looking like I’m balding right now. I think it might actually be more dense on the sides than the top which may lead me to believe it’s diffuse thinning in a MPB type of way. Either way I’m trying to remain calm but I DONT LIKE not knowing what’s going on. And I can’t find answers. And can’t think of a good solution. Shit is really scary man. I’m very thankful for you responding and helping me right now, I’m a real fucking person who’s really scared right now and you are seriously giving me comfort just by responding. But I don’t know what to do.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8461
@Gunnersup @SubhumanCurrycel @Yahyeet

Should I use minoxidil for my hair? I have no idea if I’m balding or not or what accutane is doing for my hair? Anyone know about minoxidil for shit like this? I’m scared boys.

I’m looking at my hair in the mirror right now and it looks worse every day. I don’t notice any hairs on my pillow I check every day. In the morning I ruffle through my hair to see how many fall put, maybe 1-3 fall put but that seems to be normal. My roomate did the same thing in front of me and he has dense NW0 with no hair loss genetics and he covered the sink in hair, so it seems I’m not shedding. I don’t fucking get it man. My scalp is visibly more thin. I believe accutane is the cause. I hope it goes away. My scalp was NEVER this visible, something is definitely wrong. My hairline has not receded at all, the density on the top of my head anyway is absolutely terrible.
If accutane was the cause, then your hair will return if you stopped taking it, usually it takes around 6 months to really notice a regrowth. If its just genetic then you have to start meds like finasteride and minoxidil. But other things like stress and the winter weather can cause thinning as well. Its so easy to look at it every day and think its worse than it really is, I dont know your situation at all but if you are 20 and part asian then you shouldn't be experiencing this kind of stuff at 20 years old. If your hair doesnt return in a few months then its just genetic thinning/balding

If accutane was the cause, then your hair will return if you stopped taking it, usually it takes around 6 months to really notice a regrowth. If its just genetic then you have to start meds like finasteride and minoxidil. But other things like stress and the winter weather can cause thinning as well. Its so easy to look at it every day and think its worse than it really is, I dont know your situation at all but if you are 20 and part asian then you shouldn't be experiencing this kind of stuff at 20 years old. If your hair doesnt return in a few months then its just genetic thinning/balding
Thanks motherfucker for comforting me I’m dead serious I get SOO SOO SOO fucking scared at the thought of losing hair.

Dude every time something happens to me it teaches me so much. Like out of this I learned so much about myself.

I learned I’m confident when I look good. I learned my hair is my life, I learned that IT IS POSSIBLE to be genetically unlucky. I learned being over IS A FUCKING THING. I learned that when you actually think something like this is happening to you, it’s so fucking hard to have hope and be motivated simply because it feels like a crippling misfortunate has just overtaken you. Brutal, brutal shit man.

I’m starting to think I’m just autistic and not even thinning in the first place. My hair grew longer so I had been styling it different with product, and I cut it myself so it was shorter in the middle than the sides of my head (so when I spike it up, it makes my face look more square).

when my hair is dry with no product in it it sort of looks like it always did before all of this. I’m also glad I was a looksmax member before this and took so many retarded ass pictures of myself because now I can look back at them.

I always put product in my hair and it groups my thin ass hairs together which I suppose was making it look even thinner than it is, especially since I have a bathroom light about 1 foot above my head and I’m standing right under it.

Here’s an old picture pre accutane when I had long hair (which would have hid my thin ass hair making me not even know I had shit density in the first place )

E140A1D0 F3D8 400D 857A C0F1FA4562F7

also here’s me pre accutane a year ago fat as fuck facially

DDE9D19B 73E1 449A 9032 48A058A05BB2

I fucking pray I’m not coping here I pray I’m right and that I just have shit density, but anyways I think I might be ok.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11053, SubhumanCurrycel and SkinjobCatastrophe
Thanks motherfucker for comforting me I’m dead serious I get SOO SOO SOO fucking scared at the thought of losing hair.

Dude every time something happens to me it teaches me so much. Like out of this I learned so much about myself.

I learned I’m confident when I look good. I learned my hair is my life, I learned that IT IS POSSIBLE to be genetically unlucky. I learned being over IS A FUCKING THING. I learned that when you actually think something like this is happening to you, it’s so fucking hard to have hope and be motivated simply because it feels like a crippling misfortunate has just overtaken you. Brutal, brutal shit man.

I’m starting to think I’m just autistic and not even thinning in the first place. My hair grew longer so I had been styling it different with product, and I cut it myself so it was shorter in the middle than the sides of my head (so when I spike it up, it makes my face look more square).

when my hair is dry with no product in it it sort of looks like it always did before all of this. I’m also glad I was a looksmax member before this and took so many retarded ass pictures of myself because now I can look back at them.

I always put product in my hair and it groups my thin ass hairs together which I suppose was making it look even thinner than it is, especially since I have a bathroom light about 1 foot above my head and I’m standing right under it.

Here’s an old picture pre accutane when I had long hair (which would have hid my thin ass hair making me not even know I had shit density in the first place )

View attachment 1009614

also here’s me pre accutane a year ago fat as fuck facially

View attachment 1009615
I fucking pray I’m not coping here I pray I’m right and that I just have shit density, but anyways I think I might be ok.

Minoxidil can be used it’ll just make it come back faster

Minoxidil can be used it’ll just make it come back faster
Any negatives for minoxidil? Like would it cause my hair to shed first? Would I have to use it for life? Is it annoying to use? I’m new to this bro...

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
Any negatives for minoxidil? Like would it cause my hair to shed first? Would I have to use it for life? Is it annoying to use? I’m new to this bro...
1. Sometimes there is an initial shedding phase but if there is it means it’s working
2. Presumably no in your case, minoxidil is commonly used in chemo patients it on average gets their hair growing 30-60 days earlier than those who don’t and once it comes back they can discontinue it
3. Depends the oil or the normal one can be a hassle use the foam it’s easier IMO

Are you on fin?
My hair looks the same btw even the color

thinking about jumping on fin
Not on fin, my diffusing is likely not mpb but rather an autoimmune condition

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and lasthope
1. Sometimes there is an initial shedding phase but if there is it means it’s working
2. Presumably no in your case, minoxidil is commonly used in chemo patients it on average gets their hair growing 30-60 days earlier than those who don’t and once it comes back they can discontinue it
3. Depends the oil or the normal one can be a hassle use the foam it’s easier IMO
Dude how long do you think it will take to start working for me? I have 5% foam.

Did it make your hair any thicker or actually add density? And if I stop using it won’t my hair fucking fall put?
it just opens up blood vessels to hair through potassium channels it primarily thickens hair that already exists.
From what I’ve read if you have a temporary hair loss condition and use minoxidil in a case where your hair will come back it speedens up the recovery time to baseline density and once that’s reached you can remove it, if your hairloss is ongoing or perhaps accutane has triggered some sort of autoimmune thing you’ll probably have to continue.

Yeah Try Minoxidil

it just opens up blood vessels to hair through potassium channels it primarily thickens hair that already exists.
From what I’ve read if you have a temporary hair loss condition and use minoxidil in a case where your hair will come back it speedens up the recovery time to baseline density and once that’s reached you can remove it, if your hairloss is ongoing or perhaps accutane has triggered some sort of autoimmune thing you’ll probably have to continue.
I don’t have any sort of autoimmune issue as far as I know. I’m going to wait on the minoxidil and see what happens so I know if my hair is actually thinning or not. If it’s just due to accutane I want to see if it gets better on it’s own (so I don’t have to take minoxidil forever thinking I have to when I really don’t).

Did you personally get thicker hair from it?

I don’t have any sort of autoimmune issue as far as I know. I’m going to wait on the minoxidil and see what happens so I know if my hair is actually thinning or not. If it’s just due to accutane I want to see if it gets better on it’s own (so I don’t have to take minoxidil forever thinking I have to when I really don’t).

Did you personally get thicker hair from it?
Marginally in my case nothing amazing but my results improved when I started micro needling

Marginally in my case nothing amazing but my results improved when I started micro needling
Oral minoxidil is fucking crazy right? Like the difference between that and the topical 5% shit.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
Oral minoxidil is fucking crazy right? Like the difference between that and the topical 5% shit.
Has a far higher response rate from the studies I’ve seen
Just never go above 5mg

Interesting. You personally wouldn’t try that shit though?
I’m trying to get my hair specialist to prescribe it lol he said no before it’s not specifically approved for hair but he’ll look into it... (he probs won’t)
I would try it but only at 2.5mg

Yooo late response to this thread. What do you think about weed and hormonal hair loss? Also I experienced loss from heavy adderall use as well. Seems like seretonin plays a big roll in tellogen effluvium.

Accutane triggered it I believe, I have balding in my genetics but it’s supposed to be at age 30 not age 20.
A lot of people bald earlier nowadays.

My dad and maternal grandfather balded at age 50, but I had to hop on fin @19, which sadly isn’t covered by insurance so it’s like 60$ a month.

Looks like norwooding to me, but if you want to be sure, go to a derm and ask for a mapping. Don’t waste like 1k yearly on a whim