I've got 1 year to write a scientific paper about palatal expansion (narrowmouthcels GTFIH)

LuchsMaxxer

LuchsMaxxer

8 BSL 45"
Im 19 years old. I'm in my last year of school. In my country (west Europe, so you know its a decent school), a part of every students final grade is a scientific paper, that we have to write within the next 10-11 months.

I want to look further into palatal expansion, since its something that interests me and I also want to study dental medicine after I've finished school. The exact goal of my work would be to determine the aesthtetic changes to a human face after palatel Expansion trough 1) Palate Expander 2) SARPE 3) MSE.

I have seen many people on here claim that palate expander changes a persons face and particularly their lips. However, from everything that I have read, this barely seems to be the case. Plus its highely questionable that an orthodontist would agree to expand someones palate when it isn't narrow to beginn with (or the patient doesn't have a crossbite, crowded teeth, or some other issue).

If some users could give me their opinions on this or even talk about their experience with palate expander It would be really helpful. Is palate expander a meme? Does it widen the mouth? Your experience? Have you read or found any decent studys or before and after pictures?

Important: If you can help me with this i will upload my entire findings when im done with my paper.
Since I will invest almost a year into this and I have a high interest in delivering good work (since its a big part of my final grade) naturally it will be extremely high effort and I believe it will help the forum and some users on here, especially narrowmouthcels like me.

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: ASM5, polishcel, Deleted member 32485 and 8 others
Im 19 years old. I'm in my last year of school. In my country (west Europe, so you know its a decent school), a part of every students final grade is a scientific paper, that we have to write within the next 10-11 months.

I want to look further into palatal expansion, since its something that interests me and I also want to study dental medicine after I've finished school. The exact goal of my work would be to determine the aesthtetic changes to a human face after palatel Expansion trough 1) Palate Expander 2) SARPE 3) MSE.

I have seen many people on here claim that palate expander changes a persons face and particularly their lips. However, from everything that I have read, this barely seems to be the case. Plus its highely questionable that an orthodontist would agree to expand someones palate when it isn't narrow to beginn with (or the patient doesn't have a crossbite, crowded teeth, or some other issue).

If some users could give me their opinions on this or even talk about their experience with palate expander It would be really helpful. Is palate expander a meme? Does it widen the mouth? Your experience? Have you read or found any decent studys or before and after pictures?

Important: If you can help me with this i will upload my entire findings when im done with my paper.
Since I will invest almost a year into this and I have a high interest in delivering good work (since its a big part of my final grade) naturally it will be extremely high effort and I believe it will help the forum and some users on here, especially narrowmouthcels like me.
I don't have any experience

• +1
Reactions: appealmaxed
this is a very expansive subject with a lot of theoretical stuffff blabla

Maybe do a literature search like you're supposed to instead of citing randos on a looksmaxx forum?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: EggKing, Deleted member 32485, Isthisthingon and 9 others
Maybe do a literature search like you're supposed to instead of citing randos on a looksmaxx forum?
he's basically asking us something chatgpt can answer

lot of threads on this topic on this forum if u search but if ur doing a scientific paper u should prolly read scientific articles

there are some blackpilled orthodontists u can contact
i know dr newaz in nyc will do mse even if u dont have a narrow pallet, he was the one who worked with jawhacks on youtube, i suggest u go watch his videos

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Skywalker, Shkreliii and LuchsMaxxer
copy paste pessimistic's thread on it and youll get an A plus

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32485 and 5'7 zoomer
400 weeks 1 meeks

lot of threads on this topic on this forum if u search but if ur doing a scientific paper u should prolly read scientific articles

i know dr newaz in nyc will do mse even if u dont have a narrow pallet, he was the one who worked with jawhacks on youtube, i suggest u go watch his videos
jaw hacks mse surgeon is a fucking gem, he has a bunch of experimental surgeries, like bone sawing the suture

• +1
Reactions: User28823
Theory: Depending which side you chew on more determines MSE asymmetry,

• +1
Reactions: Hernan
this is a very expansive subject with a lot of theoretical stuffff blabla
Ik I still have to talk to some teachers to get their opinion on it and they'll tell me if it's to expansive and if I can do it. I think i will really focus on palate expander and maybe SARPE but leave MSE out of it, because it's going to be too much work otherwise and just too complex for my level. My parents already rold me this and their both doctors.

Jfl, yes I will cite you in the paper.

If i can write a paper about it then yes naturally I will have to read studies and articles and so on but for now theres still a lot of people on here that know way more about the subject than I do and maybe have some information that will help me starting out.

+ something which is extremely valuable and hard to find which is first hand experience.

• +1
Reactions: ASM5 and Shkreliii
Make a scientific paper on mewing bro!

Thanks, I know I'll have to do a lot of conventional research too but the things you wrote in 2nd paragraph seem to be hard to find. Ik jawhacks but I havn't really done research on him, I'll check out the videos that you mentioned.

Maaybe say that palate expander is a really big cope

There is a big difference between a natural big palate with natural growth vs a palate that got unatural expanded

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Allornothing and Shkreliii
You likely won't find anything new by asking, learn all the advanced google search functions and use them to search
You should also use google patents
That's the best advice anyone can give, I just made your paper 10x better

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii

• +1
Reactions: LuchsMaxxer and Donkeyballs
I've looked into it a ton

They all make you look arguably worse

It rotates the 2 maxillae along a fulcrum
And expanding the nasal cavity inherently looks bad anyhow

Last edited:
Maaybe say that palate expander is a really big cope

There is a big difference between a natural big palate with natural growth vs a palate that got unatural expanded
Can you elaborate on the difference?

Pm me and I will show you my before and after RPE expansion.

Currently in an ALF and then scheduled for MSE.

i got a rpe when i was 13, i had 28 mm palate my ortho expaned it to 31 mm, made my cheekbones grow massively, it defianlty has a effect on the face i am currently deciding if i should do at home palate expansion, i was thinking about ordering a shwartz expander

• +1
Reactions: Skywalker
never seen anyone ascend with mse

Attachments

• IMG_8313.jpeg
    IMG_8313.jpeg
    296.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8315.jpeg
    IMG_8315.jpeg
    257.2 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Shkreliii and Tai Lung
This was just from an RPE at my age 12 to 14
nigga

There is something that happens from 12 to 14

It is called puberty

The angle is completely different too 😹😹

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32485, Skywalker and Tai Lung
For which?
Expand on your comment

ALF is retarded.

Getting it after RPE and THEN MSE is even more retarded unless you started with a giga narrow palate

mse makes you look worse too btw

• +1
Reactions: Manfrommars
nigga

There is something that happens from 12 to 14

It is called puberty

The angle is completely different too 😹😹
Lol no way you’re calling it puberty.

The RPE helped unrecess me and then gave me a Schwartz retainer to wear at night which also helped. My ears changed in relation to my skull at this time as well. Mind you I was so narrow to begin with this was after 6 extractions, then an RPE.

If you have understanding and studied all of the facial bones it would all make sense.

ALF is retarded.

Getting it after RPE and THEN MSE is even more retarded unless you started with a giga narrow palate

mse makes you look worse too btw
Upper and lower alf works paired with Craniosacral therapy to get the ball rolling.

I was so narrow that before my RPE I had 6 extractions then an RPE.

After the past 2 years getting black-pilled and learning about facial bones etc, I figured out what happened to my case.

Upper and lower alf works paired with Craniosacral therapy to get the ball rolling.

I was so narrow that before my RPE I had 6 extractions then an RPE.

After the past 2 years getting black-pilled and learning about facial bones etc, I figured out what happened to my case.
ALF and craniosacral therapy is bullshit

But pros to the scam artists that are getting your gullible Indian money

ALF and craniosacral therapy is bullshit

But pros to the scam artists that are getting your gullible Indian money
Wrong, I shadowed with my current Ortho for months and got shown cases over the years, demonstrating skull change and ears changing relative to the skull.

If anything me getting RPE at 12 has opened up my sutures for MSE to do it’s job even better.

Wrong, I shadowed with my current Ortho for months and got shown cases over the years, demonstrating skull change and ears changing relative to the skull.
Did he show any cephalometric scans or just self-taken pictures?

The latter is worthless

You likely won't find anything new by asking, learn all the advanced google search functions and use them to search
You should also use google patents
That's the best advice anyone can give, I just made your paper 10x better
Youll be suprised by how little care abt google

Did he show any cephalometric scans or just self-taken pictures?

The latter is worthless
move to surgery section?
and yeah thread is useless if you talk about 12 or 14 yr olds lol
id expect this type of bimaxes and palate expander questioning to be made at over 19.....
it is OBVIOUS EVERYTHING works and will ascend you at 12, including MEWING lmao