kicking addictions and preventing hangover with N-Acetylcysteine

Deleted member 5293

Deleted member 5293

volcel in denial
Personal story:
I was a chronic MJ user for well over a year and started developing cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome. I was trying to cure it with a bunch of different supplement, NAC was one of them. The very next day after I started taking it I noticed the craving disappeared. I smoked anyways out of habit, and the experience was very different. I looked up the supplement to and found a many studies about NAC with connection to mental disorders and addictions. To this day I am free of MJ use.

N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) in Young Marijuana Users: An Open-Label Pilot Study
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2826714/
NAC was well tolerated and associated with significant decreases in self-report measures of marijuana use and craving

After Showing Promise for Cannabis-Using Adolescents, N-Acetylcysteine Falters in Adult Study
https://www.drugabuse.gov/news-even...cents-n-acetylcysteine-falters-in-adult-study
Noting that NAC has shown evidence, in vitro and in animals, of efficacy for treating a variety of drug use disorders,

N-acetylcysteine: A potential treatment for substance use disorders

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5993450/
Findings from animal studies indicate that NAC may:
  • reduce alcohol-seeking
  • reduce withdrawal symptoms
  • reduce the teratogenic effects of alcohol
  • prevent alcohol toxicity
  • reduce health-related consequences of alcohol (eg, myocardial oxidative stress and alcohol-related steatohepatitis).

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, TheMewingBBC, Cope and 2 others
bump

Tell more, how was your dosing? immediate effect? How did you feel ? How did you realize you lost your addiction? Did you try to stop or did you just stop yourself

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
bump

Tell more, how was your dosing? immediate effect? How did you feel ? How did you realize you lost your addiction? Did you try to stop or did you just stop yourself
daily 2000mg, in the studies they used 2400mg
yes it was effective immediately. i also gave it to my cousin and he had the one of worst MJ session ever after that. lot of stress and anxiety for him. he did not continue taking it so he is still a user
i made 0 efforts to quit. it made my sessions unpleasent mentally so i just dont do it also no cravings at all. i dont even think about it anymore

• +1
Can this help me quit amphetamine too? Or just alcohol

• +1
i think you are out of luck. i am still addicted to nicotine and caffeine, both stimulants just as amphetamine. but you can maybe look it up and find studies
edit: apparently it works well for heroin and cocaine

Last edited:
  • +1
daily 2000mg, in the studies they used 2400mg
yes it was effective immediately. i also gave it to my cousin and he had the one of worst MJ session ever after that. lot of stress and anxiety for him. he did not continue taking it so he is still a user
i made 0 efforts to quit. it made my sessions unpleasent mentally so i just dont do it also no cravings at all. i dont even think about it anymore
That is fucking terrible

it just makes weed bad and gets you paranoid

sucks

I have NAC for my liver

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 5293
Keep coping subhuman

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 5293