Leanmaxxing vs. eye area, my experience and questions

D

Deleted member 30643

Iron
As someone who's not naturally lean, I got super lean at some point (I'm guessing a LEGIT ~12% bf) but had 0 muscle mass (jfl I had a sub-20 BMI). My cheekbones and jaw looked good ngl, but my eye area descended big time. I had way more hollowing (not the exact same thing as UEE... it does involve UEE, but moreso that your eye area looks "hollow" because no fat in supraorbital rim). Also, my eyes just generally looked bigger relative to the rest of my face.

Now, I clean bulked and now I'm planning to get lean there again. The big question is: will my eye area descend just as much as last time? My guess is actually no, it won't. Because I'm guessing that your eye area descends horribly when you get lean (I'm not talking absurdly lean, like sub10%. I'm just talking 12%) only if you're literally underweight and starving.

Anyone have experience with this?

---
edit: btw, I can tell you a bit about my experience with leanmaxxing with no muscle mass.

1) girls didn't like it (fwb said I look too skinny, need more muscle).
2) my neck was way too thin
3) I noticed less IOIs / attention etc. Reminds me of that one thread of the chad who descended after leanmaxxing jfl (except I'm not a chad...)

So overall, don't leanmaxx if you're a twink. It's a waste of time.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: redmaxx
(jfl I had a sub-20 BMI)
Very nice.

Undereye descension from leanmaxxing just means you don’t have proper undereye support, ie strong cheekbones. Same reason (and I say from experience) that it takes a very low body fat percentage for your cheekbones to become visible. Implants are a long-term solution, though filler is much less expensive and less invasive (wouldn’t recommend because it can sag and look even worse than before you started). If you have dark circles, they will emphasize the lack of undereye support. Squintmaxxing, while cope, might be the best thing to do to fix the "big eyes" problem in the immediate term.
Of course, the best outcome is to find a bf% where your facial structure shows without sacrificing your existing undereye support, but if you can find ways to get that support back while sub 10% bf you’re good.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30643
Very nice.

Undereye descension from leanmaxxing just means you don’t have proper undereye support, ie strong cheekbones. Same reason (and I say from experience) that it takes a very low body fat percentage for your cheekbones to become visible. Implants are a long-term solution, though filler is much less expensive and less invasive (wouldn’t recommend because it can sag and look even worse than before you started). If you have dark circles, they will emphasize the lack of undereye support. Squintmaxxing, while cope, might be the best thing to do to fix the "big eyes" problem in the immediate term.
Of course, the best outcome is to find a bf% where your facial structure shows without sacrificing your existing undereye support, but if you can find ways to get that support back while sub 10% bf you’re good.
This makes sense in theory, but for me the hollowness was all in the supraorbital region. My lower eyelids didn't change shape at all.

So maybe by the same logic the problem is actually my browridge. Maybe it's not low-set enough? Idk tho, it looks super low-set (same with my eyebrows).

Edit: I feel that when you leanmaxx with enough muscle mass, your fat distribution is different than from when you leanmaxx with no muscle mass. I'm hoping (jfl maybe more like coping) that having some muscle somehow makes your face look more attractive when leanmaxxed. I think it's legit. Maybe it has to do with having slightly more muscle on your face that makes a very tiny but very important difference.

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
This makes sense in theory, but for me the hollowness was all in the supraorbital region. My lower eyelids didn't change shape at all.
Interesting. I’ve never seen this happen before. If your browridge is prominent (not just low but provides hooding as well) and your eyebrows are strong the fat loss should be mostly hidden. Hardmaxxing for that area is definitely not a good idea - its very tough to do right, ie this thread:
Do you think your eyebrows could go any lower without looking uncanny, or do you think it would just highlight the lack of support?

Simple you just did not have a base, eye area comes from well development of the frontal bone and zigomatics, if you leanmaxx and still dont have a good face then get surgery

Edit: I feel that when you leanmaxx with enough muscle mass, your fat distribution is different than from when you leanmaxx with no muscle mass. I'm hoping (jfl maybe more like coping) that having some muscle somehow makes your face look more attractive when leanmaxxed. I think it's legit. Maybe it has to do with having slightly more muscle on your face that makes a very tiny but very important difference.
This I wonder about. Facial muscles definitely aren’t cope. There’s not too much you can do for structure by way of muscles in the face, but if your facial muscles receive some of the work done in the gym second-hand maybe the eye issue won’t be as much of a problem.

Interesting. I’ve never seen this happen before. If your browridge is prominent (not just low but provides hooding as well) and your eyebrows are strong the fat loss should be mostly hidden. Hardmaxxing for that area is definitely not a good idea - its very tough to do right, ie this thread:
Do you think your eyebrows could go any lower without looking uncanny, or do you think it would just highlight the lack of support?
You know, I just realized something about my brow ridge / forehead thinking about this.

My brow ridge is quite low-set, and my eyebrows are really low set. BUT the shape and angle of my brow ridge make it so that it doesn't provide much hooding. I don't have that little "cupping"/prominence shape (idk how to describe it tbh. Gandy has it from the side, see pic) that gives extra hooding.

Instead, my forehead and brow ridge looks exactly like the "warrior skull" shape in the picture below. My forehead slope is flat/straight, not curved like Gandy's with the little prominence/cupping.

Attachments

• gandysideprofile.jpg
    gandysideprofile.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 0
  • warriorskull.jpg
    warriorskull.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
  • JFL
Reactions: It'snotover
You know, I just realized something about my brow ridge / forehead thinking about this.

My brow ridge is quite low-set, and my eyebrows are really low set. BUT the shape and angle of my brow ridge make it so that it doesn't provide much hooding. I don't have that little "cupping"/prominence shape (idk how to describe it tbh. Gandy has it from the side, see pic) that gives extra hooding.

Instead, my forehead and brow ridge looks exactly like the "warrior skull" shape in the picture below. My forehead slope is flat/straight, not curved like Gandy's with the little prominence/cupping.
I see now. Your browridge is slanted in such a way that it doesn’t hood the upper eye sufficiently to cover the fat loss. I wouldn’t mess with that, instead find that sweet spot (possibly 12% like you said) and focus on debloating as much as possible to lose any water that might be obscuring your facial structure.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30643
I see now. Your browridge is slanted in such a way that it doesn’t hood the upper eye sufficiently to cover the fat loss. I wouldn’t mess with that, instead find that sweet spot (possibly 12% like you said) and focus on debloating as much as possible to lose any water that might be obscuring your facial structure.
Yeah I definitely wasn't thinking about surgery for this specific problem lol. I read about some scary shit with supraorbital fat procedures.

I'm still hoping that having more muscle this time around might make my eye area descend less while leanmaxxing. I guess we'll find out in a month or 2 jfl

In terms of real-life appeal, based on past experience, I actually seem to do better / get more attention when I'm not lean at all (eg 18% bodyfat. And btw I'm not boneless at all). But I want to experiment and see what happens when I get lean this time after neckmaxxing and building some muscle.

• +1
But I want to experiment and see what happens when I get lean this time after neckmaxxing and building some muscle.
Not boneless, gymmaxxed, and leanmaxxed, you'll mog, hopefully. Good luck.

I hsd experience its better leanmaxx with raw primal diet i can teach you .Your eye area becomes less tired if u overeat raw meat because of adrenalin and nutrients it will make u look younger so it will hypertophy face muscles or you can spen 5 years to gain fat and wait until your bodyfat becomes thick

Does eyelid fat fully recover after a starving period ?

i was once during the pandemic very skinny i was eating very little and training a lot my face was at his leanest but i was just feeling my eyes different and yes there were looking worse