Long midface - How do you distinguish 2 causes from another?

S

SeriousAscension

Pls only serious replies about enhancing aesthetic
If 1. When your maxilla grew more downwards or 2. When your maxilla rotated downwards and became more set back, how can you distinguish the 1. from the 2.? How do you know what actually has happend? Would a CBCT evaluation necessary and what other things can be done to know for sure?

I dont know (y)

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51465, Heinrich Schmidt, dannydipss and 2 others
it doesn't matter, lots of good-looking men have long mid-faces.

it's almost never the mid-face itself that makes people look deformed, rather it's just how closely set their eyes are.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32973, NoReedemingFeature, Heinrich Schmidt and 3 others

it's almost never the mid-face itself that makes people look deformed, rather it's just how closely set their eyes are.
Even if everything would be ideal then you wouldnt be able to get equal facial thirds what disrupts facial harmonie. I think all in all even if fixed IPD wouldnt this still be a decession?

Even if everything would be ideal then you wouldnt be able to get equal facial thirds what disrupts facial harmonie. I think all in all even if fixed IPD wouldnt this still be a decession
long mid-faces on their own don't disrupt facial harmony, but features associated with it can, i.e either the philtrum or the nose tends to be elongated if the mid-face is excessively long.

equal facial thirds is not that important in men.

• Hmm...
Reactions: SeriousAscension

It’s because the long midface truecel is essentially the mouth breather face not just long midface by itself
3B8D08EF F104 4673 AFFC E790B37CA25B

This face is the standard conventionally unattractive 2 PSL truecel face.

It usually is long midface + narrow FWHR + Zygoless + bug eyes + recessed chin combination basically.

• +1
Reactions: Heinrich Schmidt, Orc and SeriousAscension
It’s because the long midface truecel is essentially the mouth breather face not just long midface by itself View attachment 2784978

It usually is long midface + narrow FWHR + Zygoless + bug eyes + recessed chin combination basically.
That pic is absolutely brutal. I see people like that sometimes. The most common 2 psl face you see

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel
It’s because the long midface truecel is essentially the mouth breather face not just long midface by itself View attachment 2784978

So what can you do to fix this since this is my childhood...

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel
If 1. When your maxilla grew more downwards or 2. When your maxilla rotated downwards and became more set back, how can you distinguish the 1. from the 2.? How do you know what actually has happend? Would a CBCT evaluation necessary and what other things can be done to know for sure?
Chew wiith the insicors to fix it

• JFL
Reactions: optimisticzoomer

Not true
Long midface can look even more subhuman than low ipd

The one person I know with a terrible midface ratio caused by midface length was schery, who literally roped

That pic is absolutely brutal. I see people like that sometimes. The most common 2 psl face you see
It's also frauded to hell
Didn't even get him to close his mouth for the photo to make it look worse. Probably purposely pulling his jaw back

Not true

The one person I know with a terrible midface ratio caused by midface length was schery, who literally roped
So what fixes do you suggest?

Not true

are there any pics of him you have?