Midface to orbital-forhead complex ratio change in MSE cases is what causes the ogre look.

mvp2v1

mvp2v1

Show me your bones & I will show you ur destiny
This thread is for those who are blackpilled on rapid palate expanders. As we know they tend to ogrefy the skull. Some people have theorized this is due to the anterior biased expansion of the MSE. However looking at EASE results which attains posterior or parallel expansion we still see the same ogre effect although not as bad.

I wanted to put this idea out there as an explanation and how to go about fixing it. It’s a low effort thread, u can fill in the blanks.

I feel like the issue with rapid expanders which break the suture is that they don’t grow the forhead and orbital region the way it does under natural palate expansion

Makes me think that EASE or FME + OBO+tripod would fix the ogre look which I think comes from the change in midface to forhead+orbital ratio. (The more you grow the midface in relation to the forhead the more ogre. So if ur going to grow the midface u need to also grow the orbital forehead region.

• +1
Reactions: Tyrant
why u want all that, just get zygo impants

• JFL
Reactions: Tyrant and mvp2v1

A WEIRD PALATE CREATED BY A expander vs a NATURAL BIG CHAD PALATE

BIG DIFFERENCE, STOP THE COPE
EXPANDERS ARE SHIT..

• JFL
Reactions: mvp2v1
Screenshot 2023 12 02 at 23637AM

RPE wont remodel the orbital-forehead region afaik. So if your going to go down the rapid palate expansion route you should either do FME or EASE to get as little anterior expansion as possible, then follow that up with an obo+tripod with forehead width correction.

• +1
Reactions: sportsmogger
Lefort 1 with 2 pieces permits low anterior expansion

Capture decran 2024 04 19 a 152629

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back