Looking Good in All-Black Clothes

overdose

overdose

Iron
Sup dudes!

As someone who cares about their looks, cultivating an all-black wardrobe not only simplified my daily choices but also makes me look effortlessly cool. :cool:
This is a small guide on how i style my all-black clothes. (I expect you to know about fashion even a little)

To build a functional all-black wardrobe, start with the essentials. Invest in high-quality basics that form the backbone of your wardrobe.
These include:
  1. Black T-Shirts: Versatile and comfortable, black t-shirts are a must have for any capsule wardrobe. Opt for different fitments to add variety. Or just be like me and get 10 same tees you like.
  2. Black Denim: A well-fitted pair of black jeans is a staple that can be dressed up or down. It serves as a versatile base for countless outfits.
  3. Black Hoodie: A Hoodie is essential for layering during colder months. Choose a timeless design that can be worn over tees or on its own.
  4. A Good pair of Sneakers: Find something comfortable and stylish, sneakers complete the casual side of your wardrobe. Look for a pair that suits your personal style.

One of the major advantages of an all-black capsule wardrobe is that every piece goes well with eachother. Waking up in the morning is sooooo easy when you just grab the first clothes you see and put them on. Literally changed my life by removing the stress from having to use brain power to come up with a good fit for the day.

The reason why YOU look like a hair stylist or a school shooter when you wear all-black is because your clothes are all the same tone. To make your fit stand out you need to have a good silhouette and the pieces need to be distinguishable.

oh and also don't shy away from incorporating a few statement pieces. A fitted cap, a stylish watch, or a unique accessory can elevate your entire outfit. What I like to do is wear a pearl necklace and match it with quality silver earrings ( ik doesnt work for everyone, but you do you )

my stance

4 pairs of pants
2 hoodies
1 t-shirt

and I came up with 6 exceptionally good fits on the go.
Most of my clothes are from the mall. There's a few pieces that I've altered a bit (removing graphics, pockets etc.) but no designer or anything flashy.
So this should be pretty accessible to everyone if youre interested in these particular fits.

To start off you should get a good pair of black denim -> Then a pair of sweatpants (dont go cheap, quality matters on these) -> then some straight carpenter pants (e.g. dickies or carhartt)

for shirts, Normal hoodie -> Oversized hoodie -> Cropped hoodie.

After you have those down, you're free to buy anything you'd like.

You'll probably need some shoes and jackets also. For this I don't feel like going and taking pics of my jackets but I normally use just a basic windbreaker and a puffer jacket.
For the shoes - wear whatever you like the most.

These are all the shoes I own, but if youre tight on budget and don't care that much, I'd recommend a pair of white af1's or some basic black sneakers.

So.... the colored converse. Idk what to say, theyre unique, girls lowkey love them and I always get compliments. Maybe it's some sort of a halo effect orrrrr...????
Anyways, I like them so I wear them. It's so simple.

I basically never use the nike blazers because theyre tbh utter trash, don't buy them.

And then the last pair is more special kind of like clubbing pair of sneakers. Get a unique pair of shoes that girl looooove, they're a good convo starter for drunk foids.

Don't go out of your way to buy a bunch of clothes at once unless you're dumb rich. PLAN OUT YOUR WARDROBE PLEASE
Yeah that's all I care to write right now. Maybe sometime ill go more indepth.
Oh and also IGNORE IF <HTN because all-black fits bring all the attention to your face. It's like wearing no clothes. A blank canvas. Over.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Pride, Manletmachine, HardmaxxOrDeath and 8 others
ruined my whole day with the last statement, fuck you

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: ItsOver999, Perfection, aleksander and 7 others
Good shit, but it would be better if you wear them with black shoes like derby or all black trainers, and always look for jeans with wide enough hems so it can sit nicely on you shoes, visually elongating your legs.

• +1
Reactions: overdose
Your fits are shit my boy sorry to break it to you

• +1
Reactions: Allornothing
school shooter maxxing

• +1
Reactions: PickleTheSlayer
Good shit, but it would be better if you wear them with black shoes like derby or all black trainers, and always look for jeans with wide enough hems so it can sit nicely on you shoes, visually elongating your legs.
Derbies are nice but they definitely don't fit my personal style. My daily shoes are the brown converse since i they're similar in color to my hair and creates a balance to the look.

I have been looking for a black / dark grey pair of trainers but I can't seem to find any that I like. The colors on them tend to be so saturated or the design just looks off. Do you have any suggestions for shoes?

Derbies are nice but they definitely don't fit my personal style. My daily shoes are the brown converse since i they're similar in color to my hair and creates a balance to the look.

I have been looking for a black / dark grey pair of trainers but I can't seem to find any that I like. The colors on them tend to be so saturated or the design just looks off. Do you have any suggestions for shoes?
common projects black af1s Alexander McQueens, there are plenty out there, all black shoes look nice asf

your t-shirt is absolute garbage bro what ??? buy slightly oversized t-shirts it's waaay better and it always looks better

• Hmm...
buy slightly oversized t-shirts it's waaay better and it always looks better
Normally I wear size M and this one's an S.

imo boxy regular fitting tees are better. With most oversized tees the bottom hem sags so low, making your legs look shorter and it ruins the proportions.

very real, i dont even bother styling clothes though.

my outfits are either black joggers and a blank black tshirt thats form fitting,
black hoodie and black pants
black tank top and black joggers or shorts (gym outfit)

all of these paired with white airforce ones for height boost and simplicity

I have to put 0 effort into dressing everyday plus the black clothes have more contrast with my skin tone so makes muscles pop out more and my hair and eyes look lighter

• +1
Sup dudes!

As someone who cares about their looks, cultivating an all-black wardrobe not only simplified my daily choices but also makes me look effortlessly cool. :cool:
This is a small guide on how i style my all-black clothes. (I expect you to know about fashion even a little)

To build a functional all-black wardrobe, start with the essentials. Invest in high-quality basics that form the backbone of your wardrobe.
These include:
  1. Black T-Shirts: Versatile and comfortable, black t-shirts are a must have for any capsule wardrobe. Opt for different fitments to add variety. Or just be like me and get 10 same tees you like.
  2. Black Denim: A well-fitted pair of black jeans is a staple that can be dressed up or down. It serves as a versatile base for countless outfits.
  3. Black Hoodie: A Hoodie is essential for layering during colder months. Choose a timeless design that can be worn over tees or on its own.
  4. A Good pair of Sneakers: Find something comfortable and stylish, sneakers complete the casual side of your wardrobe. Look for a pair that suits your personal style.

One of the major advantages of an all-black capsule wardrobe is that every piece goes well with eachother. Waking up in the morning is sooooo easy when you just grab the first clothes you see and put them on. Literally changed my life by removing the stress from having to use brain power to come up with a good fit for the day.

The reason why YOU look like a hair stylist or a school shooter when you wear all-black is because your clothes are all the same tone. To make your fit stand out you need to have a good silhouette and the pieces need to be distinguishable.

oh and also don't shy away from incorporating a few statement pieces. A fitted cap, a stylish watch, or a unique accessory can elevate your entire outfit. What I like to do is wear a pearl necklace and match it with quality silver earrings ( ik doesnt work for everyone, but you do you )

View attachment 2715484
my stance

4 pairs of pants
2 hoodies
1 t-shirt

Most of my clothes are from the mall. There's a few pieces that I've altered a bit (removing graphics, pockets etc.) but no designer or anything flashy.
So this should be pretty accessible to everyone if youre interested in these particular fits.

To start off you should get a good pair of black denim -> Then a pair of sweatpants (dont go cheap, quality matters on these) -> then some straight carpenter pants (e.g. dickies or carhartt)

You'll probably need some shoes and jackets also. For this I don't feel like going and taking pics of my jackets but I normally use just a basic windbreaker and a puffer jacket.

These are all the shoes I own, but if youre tight on budget and don't care that much, I'd recommend a pair of white af1's or some basic black sneakers.
View attachment 2715592
So.... the colored converse. Idk what to say, theyre unique, girls lowkey love them and I always get compliments. Maybe it's some sort of a halo effect orrrrr...????

I basically never use the nike blazers because theyre tbh utter trash, don't buy them.

And then the last pair is more special kind of like clubbing pair of sneakers. Get a unique pair of shoes that girl looooove, they're a good convo starter for drunk foids.

Don't go out of your way to buy a bunch of clothes at once unless you're dumb rich. PLAN OUT YOUR WARDROBE PLEASE
Oh and also IGNORE IF <HTN because all-black fits bring all the attention to your face. It's like wearing no clothes. A blank canvas. Over.
What is the name of the jeans ur wearing on the end far right?

Where do you buy boxy/cropped t-shirts

Sup dudes!

These include:

View attachment 2715484
my stance

4 pairs of pants
2 hoodies
1 t-shirt

View attachment 2715592

Good thread but i feel like black shirt with jeans mogs black shirt + black pants

• +1
Read every word,bump

• +1
Where do you buy boxy/cropped t-shirts

I usually buy my graphic tees from alyx or some other designer brand that I happen to like.

But for these ”essential” tshirts I just buy them from h&m :feelstastyman: Decent quality and cheap. They will fade really quickly tho but I think it brings more character to the piece.

I’ve heard that UNIQLO tees are also good.

Just get a good oversized fit tee and size down so you don’t look so homeless.

Good thread but i feel like black shirt with jeans mogs black shirt + black pants

Yeah ofc if styled right anything can look good (y)