Maxilla question

User28823

User28823

Kraken
My lower wisdom teeth grew in straight, meaning there was enough space in my jaw for them

My upper ones got stuck though, does that mean my maxilla didn't develop to its fullest potential?

I always mewed from childhood so not sure what else I could've done

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32485
If they're stuck and didn't grow correctly that means your skull has some level of deformity even if minor

• Woah
Reactions: User28823
how would one make it develop to its fullest potential?
Be born ten thousand years ago. If you're not a baby, MSE can help with lateral expansion to some degree, and protraction can help with forward growth to an even smaller degree. Otherwise, there is lefort 3.

• Woah
I'm 16 and was thinking about getting a palate expander, however my ortho said it would BARLEY affect my aesthethics if i got it, do you recommend it? or if not what should I be doing to make my maxilla better
Be born ten thousand years ago. If you're not a baby, MSE can help with lateral expansion to some degree, and protraction can help with forward growth to an even smaller degree. Otherwise, there is lefort 3.

For teens there are other orthodontic devices too as long as you're still growing.

Could you look at my expander question?
For teens there are other orthodontic devices too as long as you're still growing.

• +1
Reactions: JCaesar
I'm 16 and was thinking about getting a palate expander, however my ortho said it would BARLEY affect my aesthethics if i got it, do you recommend it? or if not what should I be doing to make my maxilla better
A removable palate expander or rapid palate expander will not do much at all at age 16, and the amount of expansion that can be done without causing peridontal problems is small. You'll need a bone-borne expander if you want significant expansion.

A removable palate expander or rapid palate expander will not do much at all at age 16, and the amount of expansion that can be done without causing peridontal problems is small. You'll need a bone-borne expander if you want significant expansion.
Where could i get a bone-born expander? and do you recommend anything I should b doing for my maxilla, both my parents have good maxilla's idk why mines is shit

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32485
Where could i get a bone-born expander? and do you recommend anything I should b doing for my maxilla, both my parents have good maxilla's idk why mines is shit

MSE is all you're realistically going to get. FME is out there but less common. EASE is the best option because it provides the most posterior expansion, but it is like 20k and I think only one guy does it. People say mewing helps with your maxilla, but I don't think it does much at 16. Regardless, you should be mewing, because it is correct myofunctional posture.

It's not like it's gonna suddenly give you a wide face if you don't already have one, but there's still some aesthetic benefits of it (considering if you need one in the first place, your skull didn't develop properly or to it's full potential).
do you recommend it? or if not what should I be doing to make my maxilla better

How close are you to 17? And do you know if your plates are open?

The best approaches would be myofunctional devices but they are mostly used in children, sometimes in early teens. Thumbpulling exists but you'd have to have a lot of time + dedication to do it correctly and gain noticeable results.

my upper wisdom teeth never even came in but my lower ones grew in straight

my upper wisdom teeth never even came in but my lower ones grew in straight
as in u never had them or theyre just stuck? my ortho said if i dont get them removed theyll impact the 2nd molars

It's not like it's gonna suddenly give you a wide face if you don't already have one, but there's still some aesthetic benefits of it (considering if you need one in the first place, your skull didn't develop properly or to it's full potential).

How close are you to 17? And do you know if your plates are open?

The best approaches would be myofunctional devices but they are mostly used in children, sometimes in early teens. Thumbpulling exists but you'd have to have a lot of time + dedication to do it correctly and gain noticeable results.
I just turned 16, and idk if my bone plates are open but my growth plates are. what aesthethic benefits could i get from a palate expandfer? i just wanna make my narrow jaw wider like my fathers.

as in u never had them or theyre just stuck? my ortho said if i dont get them removed theyll impact the 2nd molars
They're not impacted, I've had an X-ray done, my upper wisdom teeth are just dormant

• Woah
I just turned 16, and idk if my bone plates are open but my growth plates are. what aesthethic benefits could i get from a palate expandfer? i just wanna make my narrow jaw wider like my fathers.
If you could know if your maxillar and lower jaw sutures are open that would be ideal for you, but you'd have to get x-rays for that, if they're at a young age that would be great news for ya. Also are you looking to expand the upper or lower jaw then? Cause there are different expansion methods for each one

If you could know if your maxillar and lower jaw sutures are open that would be ideal for you, but you'd have to get x-rays for that, if they're at a young age that would be great news for ya. Also are you looking to expand the upper or lower jaw then? Cause there are different expansion methods for each one
uhhh, my mandible. just the general width of my lower-third is what i needed widened. lets say they are at a young age, what should i go to my ortho and get? he already said the palate expander would barley change my face and lower-third

They're not impacted, I've had an X-ray done, my upper wisdom teeth are just dormant
and no expectations of problems in the future? ive had pressure in my upper ones but now im contemplating if i even need them removed......................

uhhh, my mandible. just the general width of my lower-third is what i needed widened. lets say they are at a young age, what should i go to my ortho and get? he already said the palate expander would barley change my face and lower-third
Well it's easier to expand the upper jaw than the lower. It's not likely you would suddenly get a wide jaw if you have a narrow one with an expander at that age too. However, there are expansion methods for the lower jaw which don't require a certain age to get, but you'd also most likely have to adjust the upper jaw along with it due to avoiding bite problems.

What should i get for my upper jaw then? just a normal RPE?
Well it's easier to expand the upper jaw than the lower. It's not likely you would suddenly get a wide jaw if you have a narrow one with an expander at that age too. However, there are expansion methods for the lower jaw which don't require a certain age to get, but you'd also most likely have to adjust the upper jaw along with it due to avoiding bite problems.

and no expectations of problems in the future? ive had pressure in my upper ones but now im contemplating if i even need them removed......................
No, I didn't even know my wisdom teeth grew in at one point, no pain at all

• Woah
What should i get for my upper jaw then? just a normal RPE?
Ideally you'd get a myofunctional device. Otherwise, you'd check if a children's expander like this would still work for you:

Both heavily depend if you're a late bloomer at your age. A RPE does the job at generally expanding, however it's only laterally and, depending on the device, the expansion can look uncanny and mess with your other facial aesthetics such as your nose (as for a few can possibly be the case with MSE).

Ideally you'd get a myofunctional device. Otherwise, you'd check if a children's expander like this would still work for you:

View attachment 2667385

Both heavily depend if you're a late bloomer at your age. A RPE does the job at generally expanding, however it's only laterally and, depending on the device, the expansion can look uncanny and mess with your other facial aesthetics such as your nose (as for a few can possibly be the case with MSE).
Okay, is there any non-surgical things you recommend I should be doing besides mewing?

• +1
Reactions: JCaesar
Okay, is there any non-surgical things you recommend I should be doing besides mewing?
Chewing hard foods or a rubber toy every day is great for extracting the rest of the development you can from that. There's also thumbpulling but then again you'd have to have a lot of discipline and time to do it consistently.

My lower wisdom teeth grew in straight, meaning there was enough space in my jaw for them

My upper ones got stuck though, does that mean my maxilla didn't develop to its fullest potential?

I always mewed from childhood so not sure what else I could've done
It could have easily just been a genetic thing

• Woah