Mental toughness is genetic btw

EL

• +1
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL
i dont even have the energy to apply for jobs

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: User28823, rand anon, horizontallytall and 5 others
I’m 21 and never smoke or drink. I also have had the highest iq out of any one I’ve met irl. It’s definitely genetic.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: pig_face, Heinrich Schmidt, rand anon and 4 others
This level of cope

Epigenetic, like 99% of the things that are debated to be environmental or genetic

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: bloomercel and ElTruecel
Im mentally weak and retarded

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: rand anon, bloomercel, Deleted member 51781 and 2 others
Mental toughness in the sense to push yourself to your limits & go beyond is genetic. To mentally be able to challenge yourself is genetic.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1469029222000772#:~:text=Specifically, the heritability estimate for,of genetics on psychological variables.

If ur non NT then forget about surpassing limits.
some people are just genetically lazy as fuck
Mental toughness in the sense to push yourself to your limits & go beyond is genetic. To mentally be able to challenge yourself is genetic.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1469029222000772#:~:text=Specifically, the heritability estimate for,of genetics on psychological variables.

If ur non NT then forget about surpassing limits.
some people are definitely natural workaholics (genetically hard workers) while i was mostly a lazy fuck, while others can be naturally lazy but end up putting in a decent amount of work if they live somewhere like china where you work 70 hours per week so it’s needed

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel
some people are just genetically lazy as fuck

some people are definitely natural workaholics (genetically hard workers) while i was mostly a lazy fuck, while others can be naturally lazy but end up putting in a decent amount of work if they live somewhere like china where you work 70 hours per week so it’s needed
Yes

Epigenetics = cope unless ur non NT.
Nigga what are you talking about, I'm saying that mental toughness is epigenetic, meaning it's partially influenced by environment and partially influenced by genetics. Same thing with height and facial structure etc

Being 'NT' has nothing to do with being able to push yourself

You can be the most normal charismatic NPC type of guy, and be lazy af

And you can be some weird ass nigga, but have insane willpower

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: XtrovertNTnormalfag, polio, IAMNOTANINCEL and 2 others
Can be developed without the shadow of a doubt.

Anyone who has lived in a third world country can say that it's way easier to develop mental toughness there than in a 1st world country. It's like when you get accostumed to seeing beggars everywhere, you stop thinking about "Oh poor man" and you start analyzing always "Is he really poor or is he trying to scam me? He just got a haircut, his shoes are relatively good"

Also at the end of the day everyone has experienced mental toughness and fury. Everyone has had moments of humilliation in which he sought revenge, like fat people after being called fat and felt a drive to lose weight for some days and go to the gym. However, there are people who get way more easier into such mental state and feel challenged and humilliated for every little thing, like Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant. It's like their brain is wired to not accept defeat as a defense mechanism and somehow it prefers that than being comfortable, and that i guess is genetic.

But i have no doubt it can be developed to a certain extent, just like the ability in certain sports and whatnot.

It's like that kind of people who like to debate for example. Majority of people when debunked just dismiss the evidence and are willing to act as if nothing happened. However there is always a minority that develops the seeking of knowledge as a defense mechanism and they start studying and studying about the specific subject to address because they don't want to feel humilliation and intellectual defeat ever again at any cost.

• +1
Nigga what are you talking about, I'm saying that mental toughness is epigenetic, meaning it's partially influenced by environment and partially influenced by genetics.
Maybe
Same thing with height and facial structure etc
Lol no. Epigenetics def doesn’t apply in these cases unless u were actually suffering with mal nutrition.

• JFL
Reactions: DelonLover1999
Being 'NT' has nothing to do with being able to push yourself

You can be the most normal charismatic NPC type of guy, and be lazy af

And you can be some weird ass nigga, but have insane willpower
I’m talking about actual mental disorders such as schizophrenia, autism, adhd, ocd, etc

I’m 21 and never smoke or drink. I also have had the highest iq out of any one I’ve met irl. It’s definitely genetic.
nigga do you have Shinigami iq vision or what? stop coping you can't tell lmao

true, im mentally weak so its over for me

• +1
F

Attachments

• 3940988_3936894_owner_of_15_child_brothels-removebg-preview.png
    3940988_3936894_owner_of_15_child_brothels-removebg-preview.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 0
the amount that you get affected by "pushing your limits" and trying to be tough is genetic, doesn't mean you cant do it
if you have shit genes in regards to that context, you will cry more than someone with good genes pushing your limits for example, but doesnt mean you cant do it

• +1
it's all genetically predetermined

• +1
I’m talking about actual mental disorders such as schizophrenia, autism, adhd, ocd, etc
Your post started off ok when you said mental toughness is genetic (even tho its more like environment + genetics)

But then you started rambling about nt, which can mean anything here tbh. It's just a shorthand for having good social skills

And that obviously has nothing to do with mental resilience

And lastly, you can even have a mental disorder like adhd or ocd and be incredibly strong mentally (schizophrenia is a diff case for obvious reasons)

• Hmm...
Your post started off ok when you said mental toughness is genetic (even tho its more like environment + genetics)

But then you started rambling about nt, which can mean anything here tbh. It's just a shorthand for having good social skills

And that obviously has nothing to do with mental resilience
Um by mental resilience specifically with um challenging yourself physically, intellectually, etc overall having the strive to do that is definitely reliant on being non NT.

Adhd, autism, schizophrenia, ocd, etc all these things will definitely prevent yourself from achieving the genetic potential to have a full stride in something. You have to be killer focused and disciplined but the disorders listed go against this.

Um by mental resilience specifically with um challenging yourself physically, intellectually, etc overall having the strive to do that is definitely reliant on being non NT.

Adhd, autism, schizophrenia, ocd, etc all these things will definitely prevent yourself from achieving the genetic potential to have a full stride in something. You have to be killer focused and disciplined but the disorders listed go against this.

You can have autism and be incredibly good at specific things. In fact, that's a common trait among autists. They will have 1 or 2 things they obsess over and are sometimes prolific at

ADHD might make it harder for you to focus but you can still develop discipline if you really want it.

And lastly, mental toughness is not the same as discipline. They have some overlap, but they're different things

Someone can be very disciplined, but weak mentally. And the opposite too

Last edited:
You can have autism and be incredibly good at specific things. In fact, that's a common trait among autists. They will have 1 or 2 things they obsess over and are sometimes ar prolific at

Same with ADH
Yea I agree and I know but those obsessions are with things that don’t tend to be useful in the long run.

Yea I agree and I know but those obsessions are with things that don’t tend to be useful in the long run.
That's neither here nor there

Usefulness is subjective anyway. Some ppl consider math to be useless

• Hmm...
That's neither here nor there

Usefulness is subjective anyway. Some ppl consider math to be useless
I’m talking in terms of career success or some sort of activity/hobby you can brag about. Most of us don’t obsess over things like actually boxing, gym maxxing, academics (that are useful ofc), etc. The only thing I can think maybe is coding and even then it’s not really filled with actual autists. Like a lot of socially awkward people Fs, but like the rice and curries in that field are just naturally socially awkward rather than just actually autistic

• JFL
Reactions: DelonLover1999
I’m talking in terms of career success or some sort of activity/hobby you can brag about. Most of us don’t obsess over things like actually boxing, gym maxxing, academics (that are useful ofc), etc. The only thing I can think maybe is coding and even then it’s not really filled with actual autists. Like a lot of socially awkward people Fs, but like the rice and curries in that field are just naturally socially awkward rather than just actually autistic
Mirin how you always hijack the point and go off in some unrelated tangent.

But ik why you made this thread. If genetics determine (almost) everything, then it's not really your fault. It's not anyone's fault.

But think about it: Does it really matter whose fault it is? Maybe it was all environmental, but you still had no choice over your environment. Or maybe you could've changed everything about yourself if you'd acted differently. But you didn't. In the end, you have to live your life and experience yourself as it is. Doesn't really matter whose fault it is. Time cannot be rewound.

• +1