Mineral or chemical sunscreen?

edi0

edi0

Iron
Im asking cuz ive seen the FDA say that only two ingredients (zinc oxide and titanium dioxide) - which are found in mineral sunscreens are safe for usage, whereas most of the other sunscreen ingredients need more research - except aminobenzoic acid and trolamine salicylate which have already been deemed as not safe.

Is it worth changing from a chemical one to a mineral one? My sunscreen rn is super effective and lightweight so I don't really have any problems with it. It also has a good price for the quality.

I don’t feel like taking the risk with chemical so I use this. Mineral but doesn’t make you look like a ghost.
IMG 8435

avobenzone homosalate octisalate octocrylene etc will rape your test levels switch to mineral

Why would you wanna rub that jew shit on your skin

• +1
Reactions: KLESUM
Mineral and chemical sunscreens are the two main types of sunscreen available. Both types of sunscreen can protect your skin from the sun's harmful UV rays, but there are some key differences between them.

Mineral sunscreens work by sitting on top of the skin and reflecting UV rays away. The active ingredients in mineral sunscreens are zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. Mineral sunscreens are generally considered to be safe and non-irritating, even for people with sensitive skin. However, they can sometimes leave a white cast on the skin, especially on darker skin tones.

Chemical sunscreens absorb UV rays into the skin and convert them into heat, which is then released from the body. The active ingredients in chemical sunscreens include oxybenzone, avobenzone, octinoxate, and octocrylene. Chemical sunscreens are generally more lightweight and cosmetically elegant than mineral sunscreens, and they are less likely to leave a white cast. However, some chemical sunscreen ingredients have been linked to health concerns, such as oxybenzone, which has been shown to disrupt the endocrine system.

Which type of sunscreen is better?

If you have sensitive skin, mineral sunscreen is a good option. If you are concerned about the health risks of chemical sunscreens, you can choose a sunscreen that does not contain oxybenzone or other potentially harmful ingredients. In my opinion mineral mogs chemical for safety and health.

Here is a table summarizing the key differences between mineral and chemical sunscreens:

FeatureMineral sunscreenChemical sunscreen
Active ingredientsZinc oxide, titanium dioxideOxybenzone, avobenzone, octinoxate, octocrylene
SafetyGenerally considered safe and non-irritatingSome ingredients have been linked to health concerns
Cosmetic eleganceCan be thick and leave a white castMore lightweight and cosmetically elegant
Likelihood of causing allergic reactionLess likelyMore likely

• +1
Reactions: ccwarrior
Mineral and chemical sunscreens are the two main types of sunscreen available. Both types of sunscreen can protect your skin from the sun's harmful UV rays, but there are some key differences between them.

Mineral sunscreens work by sitting on top of the skin and reflecting UV rays away. The active ingredients in mineral sunscreens are zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. Mineral sunscreens are generally considered to be safe and non-irritating, even for people with sensitive skin. However, they can sometimes leave a white cast on the skin, especially on darker skin tones.

Chemical sunscreens absorb UV rays into the skin and convert them into heat, which is then released from the body. The active ingredients in chemical sunscreens include oxybenzone, avobenzone, octinoxate, and octocrylene. Chemical sunscreens are generally more lightweight and cosmetically elegant than mineral sunscreens, and they are less likely to leave a white cast. However, some chemical sunscreen ingredients have been linked to health concerns, such as oxybenzone, which has been shown to disrupt the endocrine system.

Which type of sunscreen is better?

If you have sensitive skin, mineral sunscreen is a good option. If you are concerned about the health risks of chemical sunscreens, you can choose a sunscreen that does not contain oxybenzone or other potentially harmful ingredients. In my opinion mineral mogs chemical for safety and health.

Here is a table summarizing the key differences between mineral and chemical sunscreens:

FeatureMineral sunscreenChemical sunscreen
Active ingredientsZinc oxide, titanium dioxideOxybenzone, avobenzone, octinoxate, octocrylene
SafetyGenerally considered safe and non-irritatingSome ingredients have been linked to health concerns
Cosmetic eleganceCan be thick and leave a white castMore lightweight and cosmetically elegant
Likelihood of causing allergic reactionLess likelyMore likely
can u list some brands that are good

My favorite is elta MD
These are all mineral options

• EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46. This sunscreen is lightweight and oil-free, making it a good option for all skin types. It is also non-comedogenic, which means it will not clog your pores.
    EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46 sunscreenOpens in a new windoweltamd.com

• Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40. This sunscreen is clear and non-greasy, making it invisible on the skin. It is also water resistant and sweat resistant.
    Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40Opens in a new windowsupergoop.com

• La Roche-Posay Anthelios Mineral Face Sunscreen SPF 50. This sunscreen is fragrance-free and non-comedogenic, making it a good option for sensitive skin. It is also water resistant and sweat resistant.
    La Roche-Posay Anthelios Mineral Face Sunscreen SPF 50Opens in a new windowwww.laroche-posay.us

• CeraVe Hydrating Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30. This sunscreen is non-comedogenic and oil-free, making it a good option for dry skin. It is also non-greasy and absorbs quickly into the skin.
    CeraVe Hydrating Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30Opens in a new windowwww.amazon.com

• Bare Republic Mineral Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30. This sunscreen is made with natural ingredients and is free of harsh chemicals. It is also non-comedogenic and oil-free.
    Bare Republic Mineral Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30Opens in a new windowgobareoutside.com

My favorite is elta MD
These are all mineral options

• EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46. This sunscreen is lightweight and oil-free, making it a good option for all skin types. It is also non-comedogenic, which means it will not clog your pores.
    EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46 sunscreenOpens in a new windoweltamd.com

• Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40. This sunscreen is clear and non-greasy, making it invisible on the skin. It is also water resistant and sweat resistant.
    Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40Opens in a new windowsupergoop.com

• La Roche-Posay Anthelios Mineral Face Sunscreen SPF 50. This sunscreen is fragrance-free and non-comedogenic, making it a good option for sensitive skin. It is also water resistant and sweat resistant.
    La Roche-Posay Anthelios Mineral Face Sunscreen SPF 50Opens in a new windowwww.laroche-posay.us

• CeraVe Hydrating Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30. This sunscreen is non-comedogenic and oil-free, making it a good option for dry skin. It is also non-greasy and absorbs quickly into the skin.
    CeraVe Hydrating Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30Opens in a new windowwww.amazon.com

• Bare Republic Mineral Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30. This sunscreen is made with natural ingredients and is free of harsh chemicals. It is also non-comedogenic and oil-free.
    Bare Republic Mineral Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30Opens in a new windowgobareoutside.com
Try out some korean mineral ones, they are also good, btw chemical sunscreen almost always messes with your hormones,also do u wear it inside?

• +1
Reactions: tombradylover
Try out some korean mineral ones, they are also good, btw chemical sunscreen almost always messes with your hormones,also do u wear it inside?
Nice recommendation. I heard Korean ones are good too. U have any specific brand to recommend? I rarely wear sunscreen inside. Only if I know I’m gonna have the sun shining on me a lot indoors which is very rare

• +1
Reactions: OENKENNETH
Zinc/tallow or bust

Nice recommendation. I heard Korean ones are good too. U have any specific brand to recommend? I rarely wear sunscreen inside. Only if I know I’m gonna have the sun shining on me a lot indoors which is very rare
Yeah,make p:rem zinc oxide is good,Dr green mild up is good too,(drunk elephant mineral sunscreen,not korean but rlly good)if you want i can show you this korean doctor that recommends sunscreen every year, like the top sunscreens, she shows mineral sunscreens that dont have Hormone disruptors, chemical ones, fucking matte ones literally everything you need to know about sunscreens, even longetivity.(i dont recommend matte since it can be too drying)

• +1
Reactions: tombradylover
Yeah,make p:rem zinc oxide is good,Dr green mild up is good too,(drunk elephant mineral sunscreen,not korean but rlly good)if you want i can show you this korean doctor that recommends sunscreen every year, like the top sunscreens, she shows mineral sunscreens that dont have Hormone disruptors, chemical ones, fucking matte ones literally everything you need to know about sunscreens, even longetivity.(i dont recommend matte since it can be too drying)
name? I'd switch to mineral but I don't want it to leave a cast or be too heavy. Also my current sunscreen rn is korean n even though it's chemical it's doing its job.

name? I'd switch to mineral but I don't want it to leave a cast or be too heavy. Also my current sunscreen rn is korean n even though it's chemical it's doing its job.
Hi,i wrote the names above of the sunscreens, try the dr g one

I don't even wear sunscreen , should I.