Minor updates on the war

"Muzzie Arab worshippers" boyo. That excludes you.
My bad, bhai. I will remove the ugh react. I thought you meant "all muzzies are Arab worshippers, so fuck muzzies."

I hope it escalates into a much bigger conflict with Hezbollah, Syria, Iran, Israel and America duking it out!
never gonna happen, Iranians don't want any war. regime will fall if war happens.

I didnt read this shit but, hell yeah!

• JFL
Reactions: emeraldglass
next update when @GeneralGlass

Why u posting "Northern Cyprus" and "Southern Cyprus" in the same thread you are being a cocksucker for Palestinians? Double standards much?

WW3 would mog hard. No more wagecucking for me and everyone goes straight to hell
ahahahahahah
IMG 6266

Why u posting "Northern Cyprus" and "Southern Cyprus" in the same thread you are being a cocksucker for Palestinians? Double standards much?
The separation results from Turkish dominance on one side and its absence on the other, whether this is justified is outside the scope of this discussion. I know this has made you feel angry, so I guess you are Greek, but let's leave feelings out of politics, because politcs hardly ever takes our feelings into account.

The separation results from Turkish dominance on one side and its absence on the other, whether this is justified is outside the scope of this discussion. I know this has made you feel angry, so I guess you are Greek, but let's leave feelings out of politics, because politcs hardly ever takes our feelings into account.
idk if ur purposefully ignorant but there is no North and South Cyprus, you are using wrong terms that reinforce a genocidal narrative

Ye, I get it, u dont give a fuck, you only care about Muslims, so let's keep that shitty irrelevant politics topic outta here, and stick to moralfagging about Palestinians

idk if ur purposefully ignorant but there is no North and South Cyprus, you are using wrong terms that reinforce a genocidal narrative
I'm stating the facts, not demonstrating ignorance. At the moment, the northern and southern regions of Cyprus are clearly separated. Whether it is legitimate is a question up for discussion.

Tensions between Cyprus's Greek and Turkish communities were the main cause of the island's division. Cyprus became independent of British sovereignty in 1960. But there was unrest because of long-standing ethnic and political divisions between the majority Greek and Turkish Cypriots. Greek nationalists wanting unity with Greece staged a coup in 1974, which led to Turkish military intervention. The island was thereby split between the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.

There are two distinct communities on the island, and you can't disregard one in order to please the other. To date, there hasn't been a recognized genocide in Cyprus. Therefore, I don't understand your argument that I am reinforcing a genocidal narrative.

Ye, I get it, u dont give a fuck, you only care about Muslims, so let's keep that shitty irrelevant politics topic outta here, and stick to moralfagging about Palestinians
Don't allow this subject to consume you, brother. A nation that is under constant occupation and bombardment differs greatly from a state where there are two distinct communities, each of which wants a different country to rule over it. It's clear that the first is easier to see as wrong, while the latter is hard to decode in terms of who is wrong. There isn't a lot of fighting all the time in Cyprus, the issue is more political than humanitarian. Naturally, I will now turn my attention to what is more relevant to today's events. It is unrelated to race or religion. Challenges are challenges, regardless of one's race or faith.

I'm not concerned about ww3 but if they start drafting niggas then I'm transitioning.

Sweden faces shortages in reservists, attack aircraft, helicopters, and artillery, along with a limited supply of natural gas. On the other hand, it has excellent naval capabilities and well-built roads that facilitate effective logistics. Sweden's security, in my opinion, depends on its ability to prevent air or land confrontations and to use its naval might to fend off enemies.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 22124
I'm stating the facts, not demonstrating ignorance. At the moment, the northern and southern regions of Cyprus are clearly separated. Whether it is legitimate is a question up for discussion.

You are being completely ignorant here. These are the facts. The entire island of Cyprus belongs to the Republic of Cyprus. The self-declared TRNC is not recognized by any nation outside Turkey. Treating them as a sovereign county is a blunder on your part.

It's an occupation zone, that emerged after Turkey ethnically cleansed the majority Greek north of the island and brought over Turkish settlers to "Turkify" the land. The majority of TRNC's population is settlers, who have stolen property of Greeks after the latter got expelled.

lot more to unpack, but I'll stop here. This last comment just proves how hypocritical all your "brother" talk is

A nation that is under constant occupation and bombardment differs greatly from a state where there are two distinct communities, each of which wants a different country to rule over it.

Why would I support Palestine when you don't support Cyprus? You clearly don't want to see the parallels here, and downgrade all the suffering the Cypriot people have endured and misrepresent it as something insignificant.

Yeah, thanks for exposing how hypocritical and opportunistic the Muslim side is to me. As someone who comes from a refugee background I've always been vocal about the Palestine issue, but in the past few weeks I've realized what you guys are all about. You don't give a damn about anyone but yourselves. So you'll have to figure it out yourselves too.

You are being completely ignorant here. These are the facts. The entire island of Cyprus belongs to the Republic of Cyprus. The self-declared TRNC is not recognized by any nation outside Turkey. Treating them as a sovereign county is a blunder on your part.

It's an occupation zone, that emerged after Turkey ethnically cleansed the majority Greek north of the island and brought over Turkish settlers to "Turkify" the land. The majority of TRNC's population is settlers, who have stolen property of Greeks after the latter got expelled.

lot more to unpack, but I'll stop here. This last comment just proves how hypocritical all your "brother" talk is
calm down chill out GIF by Bounce

This is a case of miscommunication. I never claimed the north of Cyprus's legitimacy. I just said that it was there. It's a different matter entirely whether or not it has a valid rule. That interpretation is incorrect; I made no suggestion that it was a sovereign nation.

Ottoman Turks first arrived on the island in the late 16th century after the Ottoman Empire conquered Cyprus from the Venetians in 1571. The Ottoman rule continued for centuries until the late 19th century when the British Empire took control of Cyprus in 1878. During the Ottoman period, there were population movements, including the migration of Turks to Cyprus. This is my understanding of the situation, so it's quite complex.

I can't take a side until I gather enough information, and for now, I haven't studied the matter thoroughly.

Why would I support Palestine when you don't support Cyprus? You clearly don't want to see the parallels here, and downgrade all the suffering the Cypriot people have endured and misrepresent it as something insignificant.
I'm not advocating for you to support Palestine, nor am I a spokesperson for Palestine or Palestinian myself. However, if you're seeking a reason to support a country facing oppression and your support is contingent on receiving support in return, that's not genuine support. It becomes more of a mutual agreement to back each other up, like a business deal. Refusing to provide help in this situation is a more genuine course of action than taking a transactional one.
Yeah, thanks for exposing how hypocritical and opportunistic the Muslim side is to me. As someone who comes from a refugee background I've always been vocal about the Palestine issue, but in the past few weeks I've realized what you guys are all about. You don't give a damn about anyone but yourselves. So you'll have to figure it out yourselves too.
You're overlooking the fact that I don't represent an entire religion. Suppose, for the sake of argument, I make a mistake, why would you blame all Muslims for it? That's a simplistic and black-and-white way of thinking and reasoning. I empathize with your struggle, and if I had a means to solve it, I would. However, it's a complex political issue that isn't easily resolved. How would you expect me to solve a problem between two significant countries? Or did you assume I was also resolving the Palestine-Israel conflict?

This is a case of miscommunication. I never claimed the north of Cyprus's legitimacy. I just said that it was there. It's a different matter entirely whether or not it has a valid rule. That interpretation is incorrect; I made no suggestion that it was a sovereign nation.
you said there is Northern Cyprus and Southern Cyprus. That distinction itself gives legitimacy to the TRNC and question's RoC's right of sovereignty over the entire island. You don't know? Fair. Don't talk back when someone corrects you. "You must be Greek to care about this insignificant political matter" really?

It becomes more of a mutual agreement to back each other up, like a business deal.
You just figured out how humans work. I'd be asking for the absolute essentials of being treated with humanity, dignity and being held to the same standards as everybody else. Maybe that is too much that I'm asking, but I prefer that kind of "deal" to being taken advantage of, yes. How dare I.

You're overlooking the fact that I don't represent an entire religion. Suppose, for the sake of argument, I make a mistake, why would you blame all Muslims for it? That's a simplistic and black-and-white way of thinking and reasoning. I empathize with your struggle, and if I had a means to solve it, I would. However, it's a complex political issue that isn't easily resolved. How would you expect me to solve a problem between two significant countries? Or did you assume I was also resolving the Palestine-Israel conflict?

Did you misread my comment? I'm not addressing you. You are just part of a certain demographic. I said in the past few weeks my stand on this topic has changed. And yes, I should have probably omitted the last part, but got carried away. Reddit moment.

you said there is Northern Cyprus and Southern Cyprus. That distinction itself gives legitimacy to the TRNC and question's RoC's right of sovereignty over the entire island.
You continue to miss my point. Please, try to grasp what I'm saying here. I mentioned, "The Turkish Navy, in collaboration with the Republic of Northern Cyprus, is set to carry out live-fire exercises in the Eastern Mediterranean, near Southern Cyprus, from October 16 to October 20, 2023."

Since Southern Cyprus is not a part of the military cooperation, using Cyprus would be incorrect. I expect that even if I said Cyprus, you would still object, asking why I speak for all of Cyprus or pointing out that Cyprus did not join.

You don't know? Fair. Don't talk back when someone corrects you.
You didn't correct me, instead, you misunderstood my arguments. Naturally, replying to you once more was necessary since you needed to be adjusted.
"You must be Greek to care about this insignificant political matter" really?
I didn't claim it was unimportant. The reason I suggested you might be Greek is that, in my experience, it's often Turks or Greeks who react strongly to this topic. Your use of the term genocidal led me to think you might not be Turkish, given that they typically employ different arguments. It might have been an error on my part, but I didn't have any malicious intent, nor was I trying to downplay the significance of the topic.
You just figured out how humans work. I'd be asking for the absolute essentials of being treated with humanity, dignity and being held to the same standards as everybody else. Maybe that is too much that I'm asking, but I prefer that kind of "deal" to being taken advantage of, yes. How dare I.
In my view, opposing oppression doesn't involve standing with someone only when there's personal gain. If someone is oppressed, I believe in supporting them even if I don't directly benefit. If assistance were contingent on self-interest, cooperation would be limited, and betrayal would be widespread. No one was undermining your dignity or treating you as inferior, it was your misinterpretation of my arguments.
Did you misread my comment? I'm not addressing you. You are just part of a certain demographic. I said in the past few weeks my stand on this topic has changed. And yes, I should have probably omitted the last part, but got carried away. Reddit moment.
Alright, valid point. Ultimately, it's your decision whom you choose to support. However, let's clarify that I don't endorse any separatist group in Cyprus or any faction. I lack the necessary knowledge, and resolving an issue involving millions of people is beyond my capabilities. A situation of this size might only be solved by force, considering the UN's alleged incompetence and the hardened attitudes of the nations involved. This may require clever political manoeuvring, such as global lobbying to make separation a burden, or a military confrontation leading to reconquest. On the other hand, a solution might be achieved by the people uniting together under one flag.

I want to emphasize that I didn't legitimize any side or group, it was a misinterpretation on your part.

You continue to miss my point. Please, try to grasp what I'm saying here. I mentioned, "The Turkish Navy, in collaboration with the Republic of Northern Cyprus, is set to carry out live-fire exercises in the Eastern Mediterranean, near Southern Cyprus, from October 16 to October 20, 2023."

Since Southern Cyprus is not a part of the military cooperation, using Cyprus would be incorrect. I expect that even if I said Cyprus, you would still object, asking why I speak for all of Cyprus or pointing out that Cyprus did not join.

Turkish navy did not collaborate with anyone, TRNC does not exist, it's an occupied piece of land administered by Turkey. Idk what you believe the "North Cyprus" is but forget it, it doesn't exist. You are essentially saying here "Turkey collaborated with Turkey"... Try to understand. If you wanna be "both sides" and PC, the correct way to phrase this is "... together with the illegal/non-recognized TRNC", but it's still Turkey.

Again, Southern Cyprus doesn't exist. The only legitimate state is the Republic of Cyprus to which the entire island belongs... this is not an opinion. You don't want to understand this.

I didn't claim it was unimportant.

You kinda did. You said the conflict is just "two distinct communities, each of which wants a different country to rule over it". This is not what it's about. You have to do more research before getting into consensuses.

In my view, opposing oppression doesn't involve standing with someone only when there's personal gain. If someone is oppressed, I believe in supporting them even if I don't directly benefit. If assistance were contingent on self-interest, cooperation would be limited, and betrayal would be widespread.

I will have to repeat myself. I don't view it as a gain, I view it as something I'm already entitled to. No one is gonna directly benefit if Muslims stop having double standards. You can't say Turkish North Cyprus and follow it up with Free Palestine and then expect to be helped by the same people you insult. But alright, let's say you didn't say that, the point still stands.

Turkish navy did not collaborate with anyone, TRNC does not exist, it's an occupied piece of land administered by Turkey. Idk what you believe the "North Cyprus" is but forget it, it doesn't exist. You are essentially saying here "Turkey collaborated with Turkey"... Try to understand. If you wanna be "both sides" and PC, the correct way to phrase this is "... together with the illegal/non-recognized TRNC", but it's still Turkey.

Again, Southern Cyprus doesn't exist. The only legitimate state is the Republic of Cyprus to which the entire island belongs... this is not an opinion. You don't want to understand this.
You don't seem to grasp that even some prominent news agencies phrase it in a similar way when discussing Cyprus. Furthermore, you claim that this is not an opinion, but I never expressed any opinion on the matter to begin with. I simply relayed information from a news agency regarding the article about Turkey and the military training. I'll provide some articles where the distinction between North and South Cyprus is made to enhance clarity for the readers. Check them out below.

You kinda did. You said the conflict is just "two distinct communities, each of which wants a different country to rule over it". This is not what it's about. You have to do more research before getting into consensuses.
I didn't use the term "just", instead, I stated, "two distinct communities, each of which wants a different country to rule over it." I condensed the issue because using the term Turkish Invasion or mutual disagreements between Turkish and Greek Cypriots would be cumbersome. Once again, you accuse me of reaching a consensus, but it's your misinterpretation that is at fault, not my intention.
I will have to repeat myself. I don't view it as a gain, I view it as something I'm already entitled to.
Believing you are entitled to something does not make it morally right. If I feel entitled to your respect, it doesn't mean I should receive it, even if I've treated you exceptionally well.
No one is gonna directly benefit if Muslims stop having double standards.
Once more, you're categorizing the entire Muslim community. There are no double standards, it's simply an illusion that misleads you.
You can't say Turkish North Cyprus and follow it up with Free Palestine and then expect to be helped by the same people you insult. But alright, let's say you didn't say that, the point still stands.
So essentially, you're urging me to take a side now? If I'm not allowed to use the language employed by news agencies, does that imply I must choose a specific stance? Moreover, I don't anticipate anything from you or anyone else, nor do I expect assistance. What help is there to offer in the first place? Neither me or the Palestinians, are relying on your or anyone else's support.

You don't seem to grasp that even some prominent news agencies phrase it in a similar way when discussing Cyprus.
Hahaha are you trying to make a shitty appeal to authority, as in if a journalist does it, it means it's correct or acceptable? Or is this an appeal to common practice? Do you seriously think that's a good argument? Either way, you are wrong.

In the articles you posted btw
Turkish-controlled Northern Cyprus
so-called North Cyprus Turkish Republic
self-declared Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
self-proclaimed Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus

RESOLUTION 550 (1984)

The Security Council
2. Condemns all secessionist actions, including the purported exchange of Ambassadors between Turkey and the Turkish Cypriot leadership, declares them illegal and invalid and calls for their immediate withdrawal;

3. Reiterates the call upon all States not to recognise the purported state of the "Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus" set up by secessionist acts and calls upon them not to facilitate or in any way assist the aforesaid secessionist entity;

4. Calls upon all States to respect the sovereignty, independence, territorial integrity, unity and non-alignment of the Republic of Cyprus;

By referring to the self-proclaimed TRNC as "Northern Cyprus" you are taking a political stance, that of Turkey.

I didn't use the term "just", instead, I stated, "two distinct communities, each of which wants a different country to rule over it." I condensed the issue because using the term Turkish Invasion or mutual disagreements between Turkish and Greek Cypriots would be cumbersome. Once again, you accuse me of reaching a consensus, but it's your misinterpretation that is at fault, not my intention.

You are being held accountable for the things you write. Your summary is far from the truth and offensive to those impacted. You admitted that you are clueless on this topic but insist that everything you say is totally fine and I'm misinterpreting things. Man up and do some self-critique. You are in the wrong here.

Believing you are entitled to something does not make it morally right. If I feel entitled to your respect, it doesn't mean I should receive it, even if I've treated you exceptionally well.

Yes it is, we are talking about basic human rights here.

So essentially, you're urging me to take a side now? If I'm not allowed to use the language employed by news agencies, does that imply I must choose a specific stance? Moreover, I don't anticipate anything from you or anyone else, nor do I expect assistance. What help is there to offer in the first place? Neither me or the Palestinians, are relying on your or anyone else's support.

I am giving you an example of a stance that is morally inconsistent. You don't seem to understand what I'm even arguing about.

IMG 20231113 211949 242

New hamas parliament in gaza.
this is what you get for messing with israel

Hahaha are you trying to make a shitty appeal to authority, as in if a journalist does it, it means it's correct or acceptable? Or is this an appeal to common practice? Do you seriously think that's a good argument? Either way, you are wrong.
I mentioned instances from news organizations not as an appeal to authority, but rather to highlight that the usage of North Cyprus and Turkish together is not uncommon in various contexts. It's not about correctness but recognizing the diversity of language usage. Language, and usage may differ based on the source and audience. My intention is to show that this combination isn't isolated to this thread's usage only and that it can be found in broader communication as well.
In the articles you posted btw
The concern wasn't related to the content, it pertained to the titles of the articles.
By referring to the self-proclaimed TRNC as "Northern Cyprus" you are taking a political stance, that of Turkey.
My decision to refer to the region as Northern Cyprus was not intended as a political stance, but simply to describe the geographic location. Why is it so difficult to understand the main points of our conversation? We are entering the domain of semantics.

It would be similar to me stating that you are inferring a political position from the use of the word TRNC. I do understand the context in which you used it, though, which suggests that it doesn't always imply endorsement. But you fail to do so with mine.

You are being held accountable for the things you write. Your summary is far from the truth and offensive to those impacted. You admitted that you are clueless on this topic but insist that everything you say is totally fine and I'm misinterpreting things. Man up and do some self-critique. You are in the wrong here.
I never asserted myself as an expert on the subject, openly acknowledging my limited knowledge. While I admitted to not having enough information to take a definitive stance, I never claimed ignorance. The idea that I've said everything is okay and not offensive comes from the fact that our discussion hasn't delved too deeply into the subject, and I didn't take sides. Your attempts to pin me down and charge me with being pro-Turkish are based on incorrect understandings of what I have said. Rather than urging me to rethink myself, I would like you to reexamine our conversation with an open mind and take into account the potential for misunderstanding because your comprehension skills are somewhat lacking and play a significant role.
Yes it is, we are talking about basic human rights here.
In what way have I violated any of your human rights?
I am giving you an example of a stance that is morally inconsistent. You don't seem to understand what I'm even arguing about.
You have no basis or merit for your example, as I have never used North Cyprus and Free Palestine in the same sentence. The topics of your conversation are theoretical in nature. You've given what you claim to be an example of a morally problematic position, but it doesn't apply to me or the discussion at hand. You may conclude from my use of the term in an instructive explanation that I favor North Cyprus, but this is false and based on assumptions. And never did I specifically say that I support Palestine either in this thread. To be honest, I don't understand the way that your argument is going, it is established on unrelated points.