Mirror is the best way to see yourself

ilovenicotine

ilovenicotine

Platinum
cameras have lens distortion and can’t accurately depict motion.

Mirrors depict exactly what a person see if there the same height as you

the inverting doesn’t matter also

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 34058, tombradylover, Clavicular and 3 others
Lens is indubitably eliminated, however, the mirror isn't exactly what they see you as obviously it's inverted, but inverting it gives you a completely different look (even in though most of the features are nearly subtleties in terms of differences) that pulverizes your mind, so not really accurate in terms of your perspective. I concur with you, mirror gives you the same perception that others have of you.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 34058, Mio, ilovenicotine and 1 other person
Lens is indubitably eliminated, however, the mirror isn't exactly what they see you as obviously it's inverted, but inverting it gives you a completely different look (even in though most of the features are nearly subtleties in terms of differences) that pulverizes your mind, so not really accurate in terms of your perspective. I concur with you, mirror gives you the same perception that others have of you.
Lifefuel

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 34058, killuarush, Illithios and 2 others

There is no difference when flipping your face you’re just not used to it.

when looking through a true mirror you’re just not used to it. I have one and I’ve gotten completely used to it all and look fine.

if you’re with someone next to a mirror and look at them you will notice there flaws also because you’re not used to them inverted

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 34058 and Illithios
your brain automatically copes when looking in mirror due to exposure bias

• +1
Reactions: nofap, incelmogger and ilovenicotine
your brain automatically copes when looking in mirror due to exposure bias

If this were true if you see someone everyday they will automatically just become better looking to your brain?

• +1
Reactions: Akhi
If this were true if you see someone everyday they will automatically just become better looking to your brain?
yes, its a well studied effect

• +1
Reactions: ilovenicotine
yes, its a well studied effect
send source don’t believe it tbh. Incels here like just make up shit to kill lifefuel

send source don’t believe it tbh. Incels here like just make up shit to kill lifefuel
google it then you lazy motherfucker

mere exposure effect

• WTF
Okay, so mirror definitely is more accurate than photos, especially android ones.

Oh also, the true mirror isnt that accurate either, as it will exaggerate our assymetries, beyond how others see it. That doesn't mean the mirror is entirely accurate either.

• +1
Reactions: incelmogger
Okay, so mirror definitely is more accurate than photos, especially android ones.

Oh also, the true mirror isnt that accurate either, as it will exaggerate our assymetries, beyond how others see it. That doesn't mean the mirror is entirely accurate either.

I got used to true mirror and it doesn’t exaggerate assymetries any more

• +1
Reactions: FaceAboveAll
I got used to true mirror and it doesn’t exaggerate assymetries any more

Our own perception of our faces would be more accurate in the mirror then it would be looking in the "true" mirror for the first time. But ofc if we want to talk about the flip, then the true mirror is the correct flip.

How long did it take for you to get used to the true mirror?

• +1
Our own perception of our faces would be more accurate in the mirror then it would be looking in the "true" mirror for the first time. But ofc if we want to talk about the flip, then the true mirror is the correct flip.

How long did it take for you to get used to the true mirror?
like a month but I like obsess over looking in mirror and have stood there for an hour straight

like a month but I like obsess over looking in mirror and have stood there for an hour straight
This is the same with me but I take a shit load of selfies instead. My body dysmorphia has been fucking horrible ever since I was a kid

• +1
Reactions: ilovenicotine and FaceAboveAll

One thing I notice about the flip is that it mainly affects our symmetry, but that's usually it. The mirror tells the truth when it comes to your other features. Even people with perfect symmetry can feel self conscious about their true mirror image for the first time. Psychology is a powerful thing for sure.

• +1
if you’re with someone next to a mirror and look at them you will notice there flaws also because you’re not used to them inverted

Not always true, to a certain extent yes, but if the differences aren't that severe, they won't notice as you look at your face a lot more than you look at another persons.

• +1
One thing I notice about the flip is that it mainly affects our symmetry, but that's usually it. The mirror tells the truth when it comes to your other features. Even people with perfect symmetry can feel self conscious about their true mirror image for the first time. Psychology is a powerful thing for sure.

My eye bags were crazy first time in a true mirror, fixed my sleep schedule for it

This is the same with me but I take a shit load of selfies instead. My body dysmorphia has been fucking horrible ever since I was a kid
Don’t really take selfies don’t look good in them unless someone else takes it idk why

mirror makes you look better than you do because your brain corrects asymmetry, camera makes you look worse because of lens distortation and obviously isnt the same as the human eye (basically the same point twice).

you look like a slightly worse version of what you look like in the mirror

• +1
Reactions: nofap
mirror makes you look better than you do because your brain corrects asymmetry,
So do other people’s brains when they see you brah unless you are a looksmax autist that tries to look for facial asymmetries on people

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: kiyopon and N1666
Technically, it's accurate because we see the face for so long that most subtle asymmetry become normal. Then it would be the same for other people who had seen your face like that for a while.
But, the brain removing the asymmetry, i don't know about that.

• +1
mirror makes you look better than you do because your brain corrects asymmetry, camera makes you look worse because of lens distortation and obviously isnt the same as the human eye (basically the same point twice).

you look like a slightly worse version of what you look like in the mirror
Brain won't remove shit if you are blackpilled and can detect asymmetries straightaway.

• +1
Reactions: Frexa
Use two mirrors and assess your face from all angles while in motion, walking, talking, etc.