Lens distortion isn’t “cope”

moreroidsmoredates

moreroidsmoredates

make it or die trying
I see it times and times again, people asking for their face ratings and getting upset when they get a lower rating as expected.

If you want an accurate rating of yourself you have to take a picture of yourself with at least a 50 mm focal length telephoto lens to avoid distortion of your facial features. Let me give you guys an example:
Front camera 23-26 mm focal length
IMG 7200
Based on this picture this guy would be rated a ltn, maybe a mtn at best.

Minimal facial flaws would be seen as mild/major due to the distortion of his facial features.

Now what if he told you that he is a fitness model and has girls sliding in his dm’s and commenting under his posts? Probably he would’ve gotten “jfl” reacts under his reaction and would’ve been labeled as a larper.

I would agree, however let’s take a look of professional pictures of him taken with at least a 50 mm telephoto focal length:
IMG 7230
IMG 7231

Now his reaction would make sense.

It’s not the distance, it’s the focal length. The focal length can’t capture your facial features in proportion and distorts it as a result.

Of course, a closer distance between you and the camera would make it even worse.

TL-DRND
your front camera is not an accurate representation of yourself. You have to take pictures with enough focal length to avoid distortion, ideally at least 50 mm telephoto lens.

• +1
Reactions: greywind, gem23, Pierrot and 3 others
Looks the same tbh

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: greywind, Deleted member 51465 and moreroidsmoredates
yup it makes everyone look like they have a horse face and allows the sfs cels to get away with looking normal

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: smallman and moreroidsmoredates
  • +1
Reactions: gem23 and smallman
yup it makes everyone look like they have a horse face and allows the sfs cels to get away with looking normal
It would do the exact opposite for people who suffer from sfs. Their faces would look even narrower due to bad fhwr.

• +1
Reactions: smallman
Don’t even know what to say, you can clearly see the difference.
Obviously the first pic is a bad angle for him cause his nose is a bit weird but i've never seen someone who took a selfie then looked like a completely different human unless they were frauding in the selfie. Usually you can tell someone is good looking even from a close selfie

It would do the exact opposite for people who suffer from sfs. Their faces would look even narrower due to bad fhwr.
It would make their face look taller which is a benefit because their faces are too short

Obviously the first pic is a bad angle for him cause his nose is a bit weird but i've never seen someone who took a selfie then looked like a completely different human unless they were frauding in the selfie. Usually you can tell someone is good looking even from a close selfie
I do agree with the fact that good looking people are good looking regardless if its a front camera selfie with distortion. Thats because their harmony and facial features are so good that’s it’s nearly impossible to make them look ugly.

However, (below/slightly) average looking people would be negatively affected by it.

• +1
It would make their face look taller which is a benefit because their faces are too short
It would do nothing for their width, it will make the width of their face even smaller. It will just elongate their mid-faces, which will look ridiculous.

• Hmm...
It would do nothing for their width, it will make the width of their face even smaller. It will just elongate their mid-faces, which will look ridiculous.
Lens distortion will make their faces less wide which will make their face look taller in return

Lens distortion will make their faces less wide which will make their face look taller in return
Yes, but not a good way.

• Hmm...