Why does "face zoom" filter gives wider face and jaw?

M

mirmulnir

Iron
I know that mirrors are the most accurate and selfies aren't cuz of lens distortion. However, when you record yourself from the distance and use zoom in filter your features suddenly become "sharper"? Idk
So can that also count as lens distortion? Like being close to the camera makes your face narrower but being far makes it "too" wider.
Can that also explain the fact why some people look better in photos than irl? You can surely use lens distortion to actually fraud yourself, why not

idk ask the filter

Cameras are the most accurate mirror isn't

So can that also count as lens distortion? Like being close to the camera makes your face narrower but being far makes it "too" wider.

take a wild guess

laughing at IQ rn

Attachments

• Trying Not To Laugh Chuckle GIF - Trying Not To Laugh Chuckle Chuckling - Discover & Share GIFs.gif
    Trying Not To Laugh Chuckle GIF - Trying Not To Laugh Chuckle Chuckling - Discover & Share GIFs.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: i_love_roosters and edgemaxx
take a wild guess

laughing at IQ rn
You dumb fuck, people say that being far from camera eliminates lens distortion completely. that's why I asked

You dumb fuck, people say that being far from camera eliminates lens distortion completely. that's why I asked
thats the answer so why did you ask jfl