MSE lengthens face, any way to prevent this?

spark

spark

Kraken

• +1
Reactions: thecel, PrisonMike and 000
don't think so. you're litteraly playing with bones. also i don't think it really matters because it also widens your face.

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer, 000 and Deleted member 3020
bro it lengthens by one mm and widens your face like hell

• +1
Reactions: 000, malignant, thecel and 9 others
  • +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer, thecel, Chadelite and 5 others
seems like a girl wrote this right? having a higher top heavy face is a very good aesthetic outcome for any male (look at the zygos of most models) and the discrepancy is ez fixed thru jaw surgery afterwards.

idg how her face got longer tho? every person that had mse done that ive talked said it appeared short but that could just be a cancelling illusion from width increase.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, thecel, SPFromNY914 and 9 others
seems like a girl wrote this right? having a higher top heavy face is a very good aesthetic outcome for any male (look at the zygos of most models) and the discrepancy is ez fixed thru jaw surgery afterwards.

idg how her face got longer tho? every person that had mse done that ive talked said it appeared short but that could just be a cancelling illusion from width increase.
yes a girl wrote this.

bro it lengthens by one mm and widens your face like hell
Couldn't you shorten it by inducing CCW?

Shorter midface was a big reason why i was getting MSE, :feelswah:

mse and fm is not good for CCW rotation. It doesn’t shorten midface but it increases facial width which might create a better illusion for your long midface

• So Sad
Reactions: hairyballscel
yes a girl wrote this.
I guess that kinda makes sense that she doesn’t like it then, flanged zygos on a girl would look weird/masc af without the right harmony

sadly doesn’t seem very possible

• So Sad
mse and fm is not good for CCW rotation. It doesn’t shorten midface but it increases facial width which might create a better illusion for your long midface
hmmm tbh my midface isn't long anyway, my ratio is 1.08, but i'm aiming for 1.2

What do you think is the best protocol for CCW and achieving a shorter midface?

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Chadelite and curryslayerordeath

leforts

Why would u want to shorten a 1.08 midface lmao? On most people that’s more compact than ideal. Didn’t u also say u had low fwhr, very contradictory?

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
Why would u want to shorten a 1.08 midface lmao? On most people that’s more compact than ideal. Didn’t u also say u had low fwhr, very contradictory?
My midface ratio is 1.08 but my fwhr is 1.6, my fwhr is low/subhuman due to my high set eyebrows and terrible bizygomatic width, those don't influence your midface ratio

And i want to shorten it because i just think it would look better tbh, doesn't seem compact to me. 1.2 would look very DOM.

• +1
Reactions: forwardgrowth and curryslayerordeath
So is lefort really the only way to achieve a ccw rotation?

while mse on its own doesnt shorten midface, you can manipulate the bones easily due to weak sutures, incisor chewing with mse would do work for midface reduction

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914, PrisonMike, Incoming and 1 other person
So is lefort really the only way to achieve a ccw rotation?
a really good way would also be MARPE positioned in the anterior maxilla and pulling upward (30° force vector) like this picture
And simulation (not real) says it will look like this

Attachments

• 09E9EFD7-CF35-4024-9758-5E03EFDB744E.jpeg
    09E9EFD7-CF35-4024-9758-5E03EFDB744E.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 6C5253C9-DC7D-4C10-A452-E2F10C1A5AE6.jpeg
    6C5253C9-DC7D-4C10-A452-E2F10C1A5AE6.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 50
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, retard and hairyballscel
a really good way would also be MARPE positioned in the anterior maxilla and pulling upward (30° force vector) like this picture
MSE is just a type of MARPE right? Also where did you get this idea from? Has this even ever been done before?

But who would be willing to install this. It’s hard enough trying to find someone willing to give mse

MSE is just a type of MARPE right? Also where did you get this idea from? Has this even ever been done before?
This was from a study by Won Moon. Yes, MSE is a type of MARPE. I have no idea, but it looks like a good idea for CCW rotation, although we may need a good suture split for faster movement

But who would be willing to install this. It’s hard enough trying to find someone willing to give mse
Idk tbh. Most orthodontists use MSE, if they want to do a mini implanted expansion instead of the outdated shitty MARPE which involves unparalleled splits. This idea is most likely never gonna happen. So we mind as well just say leforts are the only good way to get CCW rotation :feelswhy:

• +1
Reactions: Incoming
This was from a study by Won Moon. Yes, MSE is a type of MARPE. I have no idea, but it looks like a good idea for CCW rotation, although we may need a good suture split for faster movement
What is the facemask really for if it can't create a CCW rotation?

What is the facemask really for if it can't create a CCW rotation?
It’s for class III patients (underbites). But Dr. Ting told me that the lower jaw auto rotates when the maxilla goes forward. But idk if it actually does. I convinced my doctor it does, still don’t know if I should wear it, maybe I’ll get lower jaw surgery for free with my huge overjet jfl

Attachments

• 5B3C21D2-DFFF-41ED-9883-837B37FF2A1A.jpeg
    5B3C21D2-DFFF-41ED-9883-837B37FF2A1A.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 982E4D7A-4EBB-467B-B060-791CBF31C2FD.jpeg
    982E4D7A-4EBB-467B-B060-791CBF31C2FD.jpeg
    274.3 KB · Views: 41
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and SPFromNY914
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3020
It’s for class III patients (underbites). But Dr. Ting told me that the lower jaw auto rotates when the maxilla goes forward. But idk if it actually does. I convinced my doctor it does, still don’t know if I should wear it, maybe I’ll get lower jaw surgery for free with my huge overjet jfl
At what angle would you pull? I have heard some people claim that since the MSE is more at the back of maxilla it should be pulled at a downward angle. Sounds kind of like bs to me but I really am clueless. I have never seen anyone pull at an upward angle while using MSE.

At what angle would you pull? I have heard some people claim that since the MSE is more at the back of maxilla it should be pulled at a downward angle. Sounds kind of like bs to me but I really am clueless. I have never seen anyone pull at an upward angle while using MSE.
-30° to the occlusal plane. results are slight anterior tipping, said on the study this is the best angle for posterior micro implant fm’s (mse)

Attachments

• FDD43C28-56EE-4018-AA08-7FC4076775DA.jpeg
    FDD43C28-56EE-4018-AA08-7FC4076775DA.jpeg
    218.7 KB · Views: 40
Only more proof for the lefort maxxers on here.
I still want MSE.

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914 and Deleted member 3020
-30° to the occlusal plane. results are slight anterior tipping, said on the study this is the best angle for posterior micro implant fm’s (mse)
I am looking at the paper
And they never even try anything other pulling downwards (except for that one you posted earlier)

They also clearly prove that the more downward pressure, the more downward growth (-30 vs -45)

This should make it obvious we should be pulling at a higher than -30 degree angle.

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
while mse on its own doesnt shorten midface, you can manipulate the bones easily due to weak sutures, incisor chewing with mse would do work for midface reduction
The zygos only bend during fast expansion right?

• +1
MARPE can give ccw rotation
yeah im considering that, I might get MSE and just have a facepuller that only comes in contact with the anterior/front palate. My midface isn't long anyway

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
yeah im considering that, I might get MSE and just have a facepuller that only comes in contact with the anterior/front palate. My midface isn't long anyway
Me too, but it could be more compact either
12 Figure16 1

Such movement would be able to shorten midface by 5-6mm at least

• +1
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT YOU GUYS ARE SO FUKIN RETARDED

fuck man that simulation looks amazing, srs goals tbh
True but its only available with MARPE since MSE can't be placed at the front of palate

• +1
True but its only available with MARPE since MSE can't be placed at the front of palate
Do you think i'd be able to get MARPE at 45/44mm IMW? I'm thinking to get around 10mm of MSE mostly for a wider face, my current IMW is 34mm. Then MARPE for CCW.

How do we know MSE can't produce anything remotely similar? The study only used downward force with MSE and also showed that the -45 degree did a lot more lengthening than the -30 degree force:

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
How do we know MSE can't produce anything remotely similar? The study only used downward force with MSE and also showed that the -45 degree did a lot more lengthening than the -30 degree force:
View attachment 496224
MSE can't be placed at front because MSE is created to split all sutures in the back of maxilla when MARPE only give "V" shape split at the front. Theoretically MARPE is worse than MSE but on my case I need ccw do much and unfortunately MSE can't give me that.

Do you think i'd be able to get MARPE at 45/44mm IMW? I'm thinking to get around 10mm of MSE mostly for a wider face, my current IMW is 34mm. Then MARPE for CCW.
I was thinking the same-first split sutures with MSE then remove and get MARPE at the front. I would be possible but probably MSDO will be needed and I don't know how many mm you can widen without joint problems

• +1
nvm confused

which one would be mse though?
@curryslayerordeath @Dr Shekelberg @retard @Elias
If mse is on the middle of the palate. We should pull upward right @spark
Fuarkkkk I am so confused

Attachments

• 24F092A3-97ED-469C-9C77-76F6C45AF6FB.png
    24F092A3-97ED-469C-9C77-76F6C45AF6FB.png
    490.1 KB · Views: 11
  • C30BC3ED-B192-48AC-9D05-4B6F0EBA6444.jpeg
    C30BC3ED-B192-48AC-9D05-4B6F0EBA6444.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 27
  • E8E9975F-4670-4AF1-98BE-A47FAABAEA21.jpeg
    E8E9975F-4670-4AF1-98BE-A47FAABAEA21.jpeg
    904.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
nvm confused

which one would be mse though?
@curryslayerordeath @Dr Shekelberg @retard @Elias
If mse is on the middle of the palate. We should pull upward right @spark
Fuarkkkk I am so confused
Bruh mse has 4 screws, and placed in the middle and the back maxilla. So where tf should we pull wtf??

Final thought, no counterclockwise rotation is possible with mse and fm. Upward movement of the maxilla is possible with a positive vector. End of discussion.

• +1
Reactions: Asetric
I was thinking the same-first split sutures with MSE then remove and get MARPE at the front. I would be possible but probably MSDO will be needed and I don't know how many mm you can widen without joint problems
You can just install it as an anchor for the facemask without any additional splitting.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385

Ronald ead had an mse but the facemask he showed on his blog is still going upward. (He didn't use it because his lower jaw was already retruded compared to the upper one due to AGGA. )
Anyway

due to a previous agga*