Muay Thai or Judo?

Which mogs: MT or Judo?

• Total voters
slayerToBe

slayerToBe

Silver
So, I want to learn a martial art, in the case that some one wants to fight me or I get into a fight. I've settled between Muay Thai and Judo. I thought about BJJ, but in an actual public fight Ground fighting is a huge no no, therefore I would rather do Judo, where it is on foot + you get to slam people with the earth. Now I'm aware that striking and grappling are totally different things, and it would prob be best for me to learn both, but I kind of don't really have the time to pursue both, so I'd like to settle on one. I'm a strong 5'7 and I weigh 124 lbs (I'm 16 years old btw). Based on that and which ever one you think more in general,, which would be better for me?

BJJ ideally.

I asked a bouncer once and he recommended Judo for pure self defense. He said his sister was into it. I took a Judo class in college. I've been thrown by someone who knew what they were doing and, yeah, it was like being a rag doll.

• +1
Reactions: slayerToBe
BJJ ideally.
Judo is probably better for street fights, especially for a 126 pound dude. Pull guard and you're just getting your head smashed against the ground. Plus, Judo has decent ground game. Here's a guy getting wrecked by a little girl:

In real life no one is anticipating that you're gonna throw them like he is.

• +1
Reactions: slayerToBe
So, I want to learn a martial art, in the case that some one wants to fight me or I get into a fight. I've settled between Muay Thai and Judo. I thought about BJJ, but in an actual public fight Ground fighting is a huge no no, therefore I would rather do Judo, where it is on foot + you get to slam people with the earth. Now I'm aware that striking and grappling are totally different things, and it would prob be best for me to learn both, but I kind of don't really have the time to pursue both, so I'd like to settle on one. I'm a strong 5'7 and I weigh 124 lbs (I'm 16 years old btw). Based on that and which ever one you think more in general,, which would be better for me?

Muay Thai, better for leanmaxing.

muay thai so you can move to thailand and live chill geomaxxer lifestyle