Music taste is correlated with facial attractiveness

So, yesterday, me and my girlfriend spent the day with each other playing video games, watching TV and doing fun, wholesome little activities at home. When we got to the computer we decided we'd browse people's Spotify profiles for fun.

I've noticed a correlation between female facial attractiveness and music taste based on playlists linked to the account. For this observation, I'm assuming the account and thus the playlist holder belongs to the woman depicted in the profile picture.

Generally, the lower the PSL of the woman, the more she tends to stray away from "mainstream" or "chart" music. Women with lower PSL ratings also are more likely to include songs from genres deemed "fringe" and include more songs by "obscure" artists on their playlists. Thus, women with "alternative" music tastes are often HTBs or below, with Beckies (all tiers) preferring to listen to mostly more-well known alt musicians and femcels listening to the most obscure of musicians. Meanwhile, Stacies and Stacylites almost exclusively listen to mainstream chart pop, or music that has charted in the past.

However, it is generally noted that women, irrespective of attractiveness level, tend to stick towards more "well-known" artists within similar genres than their male counterparts who share the same music taste. For example, a non-goth Becky and a Normie, both in their early 20s with a slight "indie kid" appearance, both like post punk. The Normie might listen to Sleeping Dogs Wake, but the Becky's most obscure post-punk artist is Bauhaus.

Here are genres that you'd likely find in a woman's playlist, along with the level of "obscurity" for each attractiveness tier:

Stacies: Pop, R&B, mainstream EDM
Stacylites: Pop, R&B, pop punk, entry-level hip hop, mainstream EDM
Beckies (including LTB, MTB and HTB): Same as above plus indie rock, less obscure metal bands, less obscure shoegaze/post-punk/gothic rock bands, jazz, grunge, some electronic music other than mainstream EDM (e.g. techno, trance, trip hop)
Femcels: Same as above but more obscure bands, drone, math rock, anime OSTs, classical, and whatever extremely obscure genre is out there

Examples of profiles I've seen on Spotify along with their preferred genres:

Stacy:

View attachment 1373692
Exclusively chart pop.

Stacylite:
View attachment 1373659
Contrary to her appearance, she predominantly has pop, R&B and entry-level reggae on her playlists. I did however, spot ONE Rob Zombie song on her workout playlist.

HTB:
View attachment 1373606
Shoegaze, post-punk, dream pop, gothic rock. Entry-level/more well-known artists for such genres.

MTB:
View attachment 1373604
Primarily gothic rock, darkwave and various flavours of metal. Mix of "entry-level" and "obscure" artists within these genres.

LTB:
View attachment 1373695
Mostly nu-metal and emo. Lots of Korn, Masked Wolf, Bad Wolves, ICP, Three Days Grace and the like.

Femcel-tier women usually use anime or video game characters for their profile pictures. However, I wouldn't assume that a profile with an anime girl is a femcel, because the owner could very well be a male, or a Stacy.

My girlfriend would most likely be rated a 4.5 PSL HTB, and her favourite Spotify artists would generally be considered "alt", but not "obscure" in any way whatsoever. In fact, I'd say her taste is right in line with woman in her early 20s who spends a lot of time online and her tastes are influenced by Fantano/Reddit/mu. Most often, women with a similar taste to her tend to be Beckies. She plugged in her account on a Spotify taste analyzer and her favourite artists are the following:
  1. Cranes
  2. Diamanda Galás
  3. Strawberry Switchblade
  4. Westside Gunn
  5. Lovesliescrushing
  6. Siouxsie and the Banshees
  7. Have A Nice Life
  8. The Cure
  9. New Order
  10. Modest Mouse
  11. Sematary
  12. Slowdive
  13. Type O Negative
  14. Kate Bush
  15. Anri

The vast majority of these artists were also found in the blonde HTB's profile. A good number of them were also found in the goth MTB's profile.

I would also say the same thing for males too, but we didn't look at male profiles. But generally, Chads tend to stick to mainstream hip hop and EDM, normies like rock and some EDM and incels tend to like metal and anime OSTs. However, exceptions can always be made.
shit i like my classical music is it bad

most ppl ik who like classical music are average to below-average-looking but ofc there are exceptions
bcs music like that makes me hyper productive

music like that sometimes makes me sleepy but I'm chill with it
depends put who your listening to. Put what is your favorite type of music

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane
I think I've lost all appeal of stacy if it listens to chart music 🤮

• +1
Have you ever seen a Chad who likes black metal and drone?
Image w856

• JFL
@noodlelover

• Woah
Reactions: thecel
  • Ugh..
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: GetShrekt, Looks234 and Xangsane
In most cases the most attractive people are also the dumbest, nothing new
Jfl lemme tag you in this thread
Some mtb coping with muh deftones, muh siouxsie, muh cocteau twins, muh originality and quirkiness

• +1
Reactions: Bitch
Jfl lemme tag you in this thread
Some mtb coping with muh deftones, muh siouxsie, muh cocteau twins, muh originality and quirkiness
yeah

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: GetShrekt and Xangsane
  1. Cranes
  2. Diamanda Galás
  4. Westside Gunn
  5. Lovesliescrushing
  7. Have A Nice Life
  8. The Cure
  9. New Order
  10. Modest Mouse
  11. Sematary
  12. Slowdive
  13. Type O Negative
  14. Kate Bush
  15. Anri

garbage list cuz Giga Inkwell and Mixtapian aren’t in it :hnghn:

Giga Inkwell – Rope Tonight

• JFL
Good thread.

2022 plan
softmaxx to normie + artist SMV = MTB gf with obscure taste

• +1
So, yesterday, me and my girlfriend spent the day with each other playing video games, watching TV and doing fun, wholesome little activities at home. When we got to the computer we decided we'd browse people's Spotify profiles for fun.

I've noticed a correlation between female facial attractiveness and music taste based on playlists linked to the account. For this observation, I'm assuming the account and thus the playlist holder belongs to the woman depicted in the profile picture.

Generally, the lower the PSL of the woman, the more she tends to stray away from "mainstream" or "chart" music. Women with lower PSL ratings also are more likely to include songs from genres deemed "fringe" and include more songs by "obscure" artists on their playlists. Thus, women with "alternative" music tastes are often HTBs or below, with Beckies (all tiers) preferring to listen to mostly more-well known alt musicians and femcels listening to the most obscure of musicians. Meanwhile, Stacies and Stacylites almost exclusively listen to mainstream chart pop, or music that has charted in the past.

However, it is generally noted that women, irrespective of attractiveness level, tend to stick towards more "well-known" artists within similar genres than their male counterparts who share the same music taste. For example, a non-goth Becky and a Normie, both in their early 20s with a slight "indie kid" appearance, both like post punk. The Normie might listen to Sleeping Dogs Wake, but the Becky's most obscure post-punk artist is Bauhaus.

Here are genres that you'd likely find in a woman's playlist, along with the level of "obscurity" for each attractiveness tier:

Stacies: Pop, R&B, mainstream EDM
Stacylites: Pop, R&B, pop punk, entry-level hip hop, mainstream EDM
Beckies (including LTB, MTB and HTB): Same as above plus indie rock, less obscure metal bands, less obscure shoegaze/post-punk/gothic rock bands, jazz, grunge, some electronic music other than mainstream EDM (e.g. techno, trance, trip hop)
Femcels: Same as above but more obscure bands, drone, math rock, anime OSTs, classical, and whatever extremely obscure genre is out there

Examples of profiles I've seen on Spotify along with their preferred genres:

Stacy:

View attachment 1373692
Exclusively chart pop.

Stacylite:
View attachment 1373659
Contrary to her appearance, she predominantly has pop, R&B and entry-level reggae on her playlists. I did however, spot ONE Rob Zombie song on her workout playlist.

HTB:
View attachment 1373606
Shoegaze, post-punk, dream pop, gothic rock. Entry-level/more well-known artists for such genres.

MTB:
View attachment 1373604
Primarily gothic rock, darkwave and various flavours of metal. Mix of "entry-level" and "obscure" artists within these genres.

LTB:
View attachment 1373695
Mostly nu-metal and emo. Lots of Korn, Masked Wolf, Bad Wolves, ICP, Three Days Grace and the like.

Femcel-tier women usually use anime or video game characters for their profile pictures. However, I wouldn't assume that a profile with an anime girl is a femcel, because the owner could very well be a male, or a Stacy.

My girlfriend would most likely be rated a 4.5 PSL HTB, and her favourite Spotify artists would generally be considered "alt", but not "obscure" in any way whatsoever. In fact, I'd say her taste is right in line with woman in her early 20s who spends a lot of time online and her tastes are influenced by Fantano/Reddit/mu. Most often, women with a similar taste to her tend to be Beckies. She plugged in her account on a Spotify taste analyzer and her favourite artists are the following:
  1. Cranes
  2. Diamanda Galás
  4. Westside Gunn
  5. Lovesliescrushing
  7. Have A Nice Life
  8. The Cure
  9. New Order
  10. Modest Mouse
  11. Sematary
  12. Slowdive
  13. Type O Negative
  14. Kate Bush
  15. Anri

The vast majority of these artists were also found in the blonde HTB's profile. A good number of them were also found in the goth MTB's profile.

I would also say the same thing for males too, but we didn't look at male profiles. But generally, Chads tend to stick to mainstream hip hop and EDM, normies like rock and some EDM and incels tend to like metal and anime OSTs. However, exceptions can always be made.
In what universe is that a stacy and a stacylite

• JFL
Meh there's no correlation between music taste and attractiveness. Sample size is very questionable as is the procedure:feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:

true chads listen to BRUTAL death metal

• JFL
Reactions: Moggie
Need to update my playlist :lul:

Top Artists — Long Term (years)
  1. Metallica
  2. Feeder
  3. Third Eye Blind
  4. Foo Fighters
  5. Breaking Benjamin
  6. Stereophonics
  7. Headhunterz