My new take on olive oil for longevity

D

Deleted member 1901

Kraken
I used to put olive oil on my foods because it’s considered beneficial for the purpose of longevity but I’ve came to the conclusion that this is unnatural, and that I should get the ideal fats through whole foods instead. Perhaps the Mediterranean diet is associated with longevity simply because it is less harmful that the other diets (and the olive oil is less harmful than the added fats of those diets) and not that olive oil possesses some beneficial effect on health per se in that it would be wise to supplement it.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 32669, midlatinocel, Deleted member 32486 and 2 others
Agreed, don't really see why olive oil would be healthy TBH. Only oils in it and no fats.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
  • +1
Reactions: Krakowski
  • +1
Animal foods

It's the only way to eat fats aswell

No such thing as fats from plants
so nuts, avocados, coconuts, dont have fats?

• +1
Reactions: nanefer and Krakowski
I used to put olive oil on my foods because it’s considered beneficial for the purpose of longevity but I’ve came to the conclusion that this is unnatural, and that I should get the ideal fats through whole foods instead. Perhaps the Mediterranean diet is associated with longevity simply because it is less harmful that the other diets (and the olive oil is less harmful than the added fats of those diets) and not that olive oil possesses some beneficial effect on health per se in that it would be wise to supplement it.
I'll suggest these 2 interesting videos.

• +1
Olive oil is S tier, I’m a fan of the various oils, we have like 5 different oils usually at one time, imo the best is oilive, coconut, and avacado
Trash tier is seed/conola

• +1
Olive oil is goy slop. The Mediterranean diet is filled with meat and cheese. They even eat carpaccio which is raw meat.

• +1
Olive oil is S tier, I’m a fan of the various oils, we have like 5 different oils usually at one time, imo the best is oilive, coconut, and avacado
Trash tier is seed/conola
i dont think olive oil is bad for health for most people but ideally it would be omitted and olives consumed in the whole unprocessed form

Olive oil mogs any other fat other than butter and tallow

Don’t go Er

• +1
EVOO will extend your life no joke

• Hmm...
Meh, I don’t think it’s bad in moderation AFAIK it’s the only oil that’s been used supplementary in studies and shown a good outcome, look at the PREDIMED trials if you are interested

Meh, I don’t think it’s bad in moderation AFAIK it’s the only oil that’s been used supplementary in studies and shown a good outcome, look at the PREDIMED trials if you are interested
Just eat olives

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel