My Ongoing Acne Problem + My Routine (Help)

Doxsbk

Doxsbk

6'3, 180lbs
I'm 15 and have been struggling with hormonal acne since I was around 12, but now that I've been going to the gym and my testosterone and growth has spiked, so has my acne. I'm not an idiot, and started researching the best solutions right away which of course led me to accutane. I like the results it would reap but the side effects are awful (stunting growth, joint pain, etc...), so I don't want to use it until I'm at least 18. Around 8 months ago, I ended up buying 0.1% tretinoin and adapalene and benzoyl peroxide gel 0.3%/2.5% from my friend who goes to a dermatologist (I know what you're thinking, its fake, but I bought it from an extremely trust worthy friend who I've known 7+ years and showed me the dermatologist bill). Anyways, I have been consistently using the following routine for the last 8 months:

MORNING:
1. La roche posay normal-oily skin purifying foaming cleanser
2. Mederma advanced dry skin therapy facial toner
3. Adapalene and benzoyl peroxide gel 0.3%/2.5%
4. Paula's Choice light oil free moisturizer
5. Beauty of Joseon SPF

NIGHT:
2. Some random toners which have switched around from Elemis to La mer (I have just incorporated Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant two days ago)
3. Paula's Choice light oil free moisturizer
4. 0.1% Tretinoin (pea sized amount)
5. Paula's Choice light oil free moisturizer (again)
6. The ordinary under eye caffeine solution
7. Volufiline 100% under eyes and on lips

TempImage4iGS5L
TempImageFCW7LZ

I have seen some videos saying not to use a BHA with a retinoid to not damage your skin barrier, but I figured I would try it for a couple days since my skin is obviously stubborn as fuck. I maintain a reasonably healthy diet, rarely eating sugar and never vape, smoke, or any narcotics. Here are some pictures of what my acne looks like right now:
TempImagerFQ0sf
TempImageIoECEZ

At this point, Im just lost as what to do and am tempted to take accutane and pray It won't affect my growth. I could get access to it from my friend, or I could go to a dermatologist but have been dodging since it's a pain in the ass and my parents are not motivated.

stop jacking off

• +1
Reactions: lost222, ZaC and 6′2 still over
i think your badling tbh

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: BootySniffer69 and Tai Lung
I'm 15 and have been struggling with hormonal acne since I was around 12, but now that I've been going to the gym and my testosterone and growth has spiked, so has my acne. I'm not an idiot, and started researching the best solutions right away which of course led me to accutane. I like the results it would reap but the side effects are awful (stunting growth, joint pain, etc...), so I don't want to use it until I'm at least 18. Around 8 months ago, I ended up buying 0.1% tretinoin and adapalene and benzoyl peroxide gel 0.3%/2.5% from my friend who goes to a dermatologist (I know what you're thinking, its fake, but I bought it from an extremely trust worthy friend who I've known 7+ years and showed me the dermatologist bill). Anyways, I have been consistently using the following routine for the last 8 months:

MORNING:
5. Beauty of Joseon SPF

NIGHT:
2. Some random toners which have switched around from Elemis to La mer (I have just incorporated Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant two days ago)

View attachment 2667008View attachment 2667015

I have seen some videos saying not to use a BHA with a retinoid to not damage your skin barrier, but I figured I would try it for a couple days since my skin is obviously stubborn as fuck. I maintain a reasonably healthy diet, rarely eating sugar and never vape, smoke, or any narcotics. Here are some pictures of what my acne looks like right now:
View attachment 2667013View attachment 2667014
At this point, Im just lost as what to do and am tempted to take accutane and pray It won't affect my growth. I could get access to it from my friend, or I could go to a dermatologist but have been dodging since it's a pain in the ass and my parents are not motivated.
I’m in the same boat bruh, my skin is clear but have scarring a bit of redness and whiteheads that keep appearing no matter what I do, accutane is not worth it if you are still growing bruh, you could be 6’4

I’m in the same boat bruh, my skin is clear but have scarring a bit of redness and whiteheads that keep appearing no matter what I do, accutane is not worth it if you are still growing bruh, you could be 6’4
Yes bro that’s why I don’t want to my dads 6’6 and my moms 5’10 I don’t wanna throw away a blessing

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 46997
Nah I have thick hair my scalps just white asf
you see the way the right side is way higher then the left and in the middle? and how there is baby hairs well thatcan only be possible if you had hair long where the baby hairs are you are 100 percent receeding just be careful and keep an eye on it

• +1
Reactions: BootySniffer69
View attachment 2667062 you see the way the right side is way higher then the left and in the middle? and how there is baby hairs well thatcan only be possible if you had hair long where the baby hairs are you are 100 percent receeding just be careful and keep an eye on it
Thats just his hairline maturing, hes 15 ffs. Stop fearmongering you cunt

Read this guide. It help ascend my acne and help me learnt what actually spikes acne. Diet changes your acne a lot. It takes a while to read but it will help you out.

Thats just his hairline maturing, hes 15 ffs. Stop fearmongering you cunt
bruh maturing doesnt have one side go like 1.5 cm higher then the other and it is full of baby hairs im not tryna scare him but i just said keep an eye on it bc it is receeding no doubt

Just improve ur diet VIPcel

Read this guide. It help ascend my acne and help me learnt what actually spikes acne. Diet changes your acne a lot. It takes a while to read but it will help you out.
Thanks bro I’ll check it out

Yes bro that’s why I don’t want to my dads 6’6 and my moms 5’10 I don’t wanna throw away a blessing
Try repair your skin barrier, I wanna see how that changes things. I’m broke asf so I need to know if stuff works before buying and trying

Thanks bro I’ll check it out
To summarize you want to keep your carbs and sugar(especially sugar) as low as possible, eat mackerel to balance b5 vitamins:b3 vitamins (Modern diets have a 1:20 b3:b5 vitamin ratio when it should be 1:1, think about how common it is to eat fish), drink whole milk (NEVER DRINK SKIMMED OR SEMI SKIMMED) , ideally replace milk with kefir and eating diary is fine as long as the fat content is higher than the protien content.

Cutting sugar is the most important (you can eat fruit but not a lot that have lots of sugar). This essentially spikes your insulin which causes acne. Acnecels basically have diabetes but the only symptom is hormonal acne.

• +1
Reactions: mog_me
To summarize you want to keep your carbs and sugar(especially sugar) as low as possible, eat mackerel to balance b5 vitamins:b3 vitamins (Modern diets have a 1:20 b3:b5 vitamin ratio when it should be 1:1, think about how common it is to eat fish), drink whole milk (NEVER DRINK SKIMMED OR SEMI SKIMMED) , ideally replace milk with kefir and eating diary is fine as long as the fat content is higher than the protien content.

Cutting sugar is the most important (you can eat fruit but not a lot that have lots of sugar). This essentially spikes your insulin which causes acne. Acnecels basically have diabetes but the only symptom is hormonal acne.
Has this helped for you?

I eat really high protein for the gym and sports but eat hella greens too, I barely eat sugar and I feel like my diet is pretty good
if you have a high protien to fat ratio it can cause acne. Do you eat high fat foods?

Try repair your skin barrier, I wanna see how that changes things. I’m broke asf so I need to know if stuff works before buying and trying
I don't think its damaged yet, but I've heard using a BHA and retinoid at the same time will damage it which is what im trying now so ill update you on that

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 46997
Has this helped for you?
HOLY FUCK, yes it has, just read the thread i sent above and follow the diet plan, its seriosly important.

Everyone is different for acne but i dont really see this failing. Acne is caused by a fluctuation in hormones and that is often caused by food.

Does this actually help?
Fapping raises prolactin levels which could cause acne but nofap has a bunch of other side effects that can cause acne so it really is case by case. It can make it worse or better? It depends on the person.

Ok I can do all that, so how much mackerel should I eat? I only ever drink whole milk and I drink a lot of it but I'll look into kefir. Also, I eat a LOT of protein because I lift and play sports, is that a problem regarding dairy should have a higher fat than protein content? I also take these supplements at the moment are there any I should remove/increase?
TempImageEIxa1V

if you have a high protien to fat ratio it can cause acne. Do you eat high fat foods?
My diet usually consists of no breakfast, 2 footlong subs which I make at home for lunch (cuban bread, mayo, ham, turkey, lettuce, tomato), and then usually salmon or chicken for dinner. I also drink a gallon of water every day

Last edited:
Ok I can do all that, so how much mackerel should I eat? I only ever drink whole milk and I drink a lot of it but I'll look into kefir. Also, I eat a LOT of protein because I lift and play sports, is that a problem regarding dairy should have a higher fat than protein content? I also take these supplements at the moment are there any I should remove/increase?
View attachment 2667083
REMOVE BIOTIN, THAT SHIT LITTERALLY CAUSES ACNE, it is good fair your hair but bad for acne, very bad.

Omega B3 is very good for acne, very good but ideally you want to consume fish especially mackerel because of the high amounts of B3. Supplements don't absorb all the nutrients, the bioavailability is not the best because it is just a pill and not real food.

REMOVE BIOTIN, THAT SHIT LITTERALLY CAUSES ACNE, it is good fair your hair but bad for acne, very bad.

Omega B3 is very good for acne, very good but ideally you want to consume fish especially mackerel because of the high amounts of B3. Supplements don't absorb all the nutrients, the bioavailability is not the best because it is just a pill and not real food.
Ok I’ll remove biotin, I eat a lot of salmon but I’m gonna try and get mackerel to get the 1:1 ratio b3:b5

Ok I’ll remove biotin, I eat a lot of salmon but I’m gonna try and get mackerel to get the 1:1 ratio b3:b5
"omega 3 inhibits the production of leukotriene B4, a pro-inflammatory mediator that has been shown to promote insulin resistance [31], and it also decreases the IGF-1 levels [32]. Eskimos were known for their high omega 3 consumption, between 3 to 4 grams a day [33]. This makes you think why eskimos in Canada developed acne once they moved into towns"

"omega 3 inhibits the production of leukotriene B4, a pro-inflammatory mediator that has been shown to promote insulin resistance [31], and it also decreases the IGF-1 levels [32]. Eskimos were known for their high omega 3 consumption, between 3 to 4 grams a day [33]. This makes you think why eskimos in Canada developed acne once they moved into towns"
Any idea how many mg I should be taking a day?

Any idea how many mg I should be taking a day?
Eat like 150-250g of mackerel. I eat 300g personally but it is overkill. Just put your diet in my fittness tracker for a day and see what nutrients you are deficient in.

Eat like 150-250g of mackerel. I eat 300g personally but it is overkill. Just put your diet in my fittness tracker for a day and see what nutrients you are deficient in.
IMG 9366
Alright, I found this meal plan linked in the thread you mentioned, if I just followed this and cut out biotin do you think my acne would be resolved?

• +1
Reactions: HTN_Mentalcel

MORNING:
5. Beauty of Joseon SPF

NIGHT:

Too much product, it’s like when a girl puts on too much makeup she looks uglier and shit. Narrow it down to a small few of products

(We have the same tret!!!!😳)

What do you recommend with the products I have
Toners fuck up your pores, so take them out, change your pillowcase and take a shower after you do anything physical, use PanOxl face wash, and take accutane, doesn’t affect your height at all, my friend legit grew 2 inches while on it

Toners fuck up your pores, so take them out, change your pillowcase and take a shower after you do anything physical, use PanOxl face wash, and take accutane, doesn’t affect your height at all, my friend legit grew 2 inches while on it
"your friend" is not enouph sample size but yeah. I took it and i still kept growing but its still a risk.

• +1
Reactions: aleksander
You probably have lactose intolerance causing you acne disgusting pan faced gook so you should stop drinking milk you stinky disgusting pan faced nonwhite chink
only semi skimmed milk causes acne, full fat milk especially raw milk doesnt.

Ok I do all of that I use a silk pillowcase which I wash weekly and shower twice a day, but I’ll check out that cleanser thanks. Yeah I really want to take accutane but when I looked it up it said there’s a chance it stunts your growth along with all these other side affects. Your friend might have just not been affected

Ok I do all of that I use a silk pillowcase which I wash weekly and shower twice a day, but I’ll check out that cleanser thanks. Yeah I really want to take accutane but when I looked it up it said there’s a chance it stunts your growth along with all these other side affects. Your friend might have just not been affected
well everything has a chance and the fact is- do you want clear skin at 15 or a very uncommon growth stunt of a few centimeters??

I know 2 people that went on it and they are both 6’5 😭 I guessss
I’m tempted bro but one of my Ex’s who went on it said your skin gets insanely dry and uncomfortable and she has been on it for a year and still is and says her skin still feels so dry all the time

I’m tempted bro but one of my Ex’s who went on it said your skin gets insanely dry and uncomfortable and she has been on it for a year and still is and says her skin still feels so dry all the time
Price to pay if you want clear skin!

well everything has a chance and the fact is- do you want clear skin at 15 or a very uncommon growth stunt of a few centimeters??
Well if it’s between solving a temporary problem or potentially losing 3-4 inches of height, I’d rather just wait it out or find another solution as my potential SMV would tank lmao

HOLY FUCK, yes it has, just read the thread i sent above and follow the diet plan, its seriosly important.

Everyone is different for acne but i dont really see this failing. Acne is caused by a fluctuation in hormones and that is often caused by food.
When i get job i will eat like this

eat healthy , drink water 4l daily, use taz and duac, if it doesnt help u just wait till you grow out of it. Accutane is solution aswell but has brutal side effects sometimes.

MORNING:
5. Beauty of Joseon SPF

NIGHT:

Hey there, thanks for sharing. It seems you’re throwing a little too much at your face. Because of this and personal experience, I doubt you are really consistent (80-90%) of the days.

If that’s your issue, you might be better served by shelving everything:
just apply one cleanser in the morning, one moisturizer, one sunscreen.

At night, cleanse, tret, moisturize. That’s it. If you’ve been doing your La Roche Posay program consistently for the last 2 weeks—awesome, keep doing it. If you haven’t gotten to 2 weeks yet, just keep whatever you’re doing. If you’re not consistent, consider cutting it down to the basics.

It’s great you’re looking for more information and trying to improve your routine, but that doesn’t improve your skin quality…racking up days of consistency does. So go do that.

Don’t worry about it, don’t panic and freak out and change your program every hour because someone on the internet said so.

If you put a drop of tret on your face every day your skin will clear up. That’s just the science of it. If you have a bad reaction go talk to your dermatologist.

Stop researching and thinking about skincare and just do it. That’s what helped me.
Also less dairy and lots of water.

If all else fails, you’ll grow out of it in three years anyways.

Yeah I’ve been consistent with tret for 8 years now, I only recently started adding some new things to my routine to try and change it up. That’s why I’m looking for new solutions
Hey there, thanks for sharing. It seems you’re throwing a little too much at your face. Because of this and personal experience, I doubt you are really consistent (80-90%) of the days.

If that’s your issue, you might be better served by shelving everything:
just apply one cleanser in the morning, one moisturizer, one sunscreen.

At night, cleanse, tret, moisturize. That’s it. If you’ve been doing your La Roche Posay program consistently for the last 2 weeks—awesome, keep doing it. If you haven’t gotten to 2 weeks yet, just keep whatever you’re doing. If you’re not consistent, consider cutting it down to the basics.

It’s great you’re looking for more information and trying to improve your routine, but that doesn’t improve your skin quality…racking up days of consistency does. So go do that.

Don’t worry about it, don’t panic and freak out and change your program every hour because someone on the internet said so.

If you put a drop of tret on your face every day your skin will clear up. That’s just the science of it. If you have a bad reaction go talk to your dermatologist.

Stop researching and thinking about skincare and just do it. That’s what helped me.
Also less dairy and lots of water.

If all else fails, you’ll grow out of it in three years anyways.