Neck Insertion Revisited: The Throat–Mandible Point

when i mew its close ngl

when i get to 10% bf it will legit be like hers
major, major cope, I don't even need to see pictures to know this is wrong

if your head tilt is along the frankfurt plane, no jutting, no forward head posture, and your submental is even remotely close to her's you'd be a model

• +1
Reactions: thecel
major, major cope, I don't even need to see pictures to know this is wrong

if your head tilt is along the frankfurt plane, no jutting, no forward head posture, and your submental is even remotely close to her's you'd be a model
i'll trim my neck beard and send a pic later today

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Ocelot
What’s mine?
C423F9A0 CD4E 4894 9B11 B26B2CCDBC6F
7D663B0F F2F9 46CE 958F 62B6D36A4F84

• +1
Reactions: clockwiseRotator, thecel and Ocelot
slightly downward grown, but not too bad, less than the average person.

I am mirin you hard for not frauding with angles/head tilt like all these other people who post their "side profile"
Thanks for response, my posture a year back was legit incel tier due to my recent gaming phase. Ever since that day I’ve been chin tucking all the time. Only recently did I realize that I had to chin tuck even farther than what I thought was good to be perfect.

I notice most kids walk around in a “chin tuck” 24/7. I believe it’s natural so I’ve been trying to relearn that position again. Look at me 3 years ago walking around in a “chin tuck”, this position felt normal for me.
81A47AC9 DAA3 4D76 9417 76F623BC128E

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Ocelot
Thanks for response, my posture a year back was legit incel tier due to my recent gaming phase. Ever since that day I’ve been chin tucking all the time. Only recently did I realize that I had to chin tuck even farther than what I thought was good to be perfect.

I notice most kids walk around in a “chin tuck” 24/7. I believe it’s natural so I’ve been trying to relearn that position again. Look at me 3 years ago walking around in a “chin tuck”, this position felt normal for me.
View attachment 973433
you are right

a chin tuck is actually the correct posture.

This is because the Frankfurt plane is actually the anatomical position of the skull. Nowadays, EVERY young adult I've seen walks with their head tilted up, a natural reaction to the jaws growing downward (happens in almost everyone now). Hence most people look normal due to frauding posture, but in the Frankfurt plane, they'd look deformed.

• +1
Reactions: Slob, AscendingHero, thecel and 2 others
you are right

a chin tuck is actually the correct posture.

This is because the Frankfurt plane is actually the anatomical position of the skull. Nowadays, EVERY young adult I've seen walks with their head tilted up, a natural reaction to the jaws growing downward (happens in almost everyone now). Hence most people look normal due to frauding posture, but in the Frankfurt plane, they'd look deformed.
I had a thought which was your head posture affects your facial upswing while your tongue posture affects forward growth. This apples to me because I have had decent skull posture as a kid but my tongue posture was poor.

What happened because of my sub par head posture? I have slight downward growth.

What has happened because of poor tongue posture? I have crowding and an anterior cross bite as well as a flat face.

Also noticed this theory applies to my dad who has good upswing because of skull posture but minimal forward growth due to low tongue posture.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, thecel and Ocelot
I had a thought which was your head posture affects your facial upswing while your tongue posture affects forward growth. This apples to me because I have had decent skull posture as a kid but my tongue posture was poor.

What happened because of my sub par head posture? I have slight downward growth.

What has happened because of poor tongue posture? I have crowding and an anterior cross bite as well as a flat face.

Also noticed this theory applies to my dad who has good upswing because of skull posture but minimal forward growth due to low tongue posture.
nah tongue posture and neck posture contribute to the same thing, bad tongue posture/neck posture realign the forces causing malocclusions depending on your genetic propensity/where you placed your tongue/severity of the issue

hormones play a role too, perfect development but meh hormonal profile = someone like Chico

perfect development and high T = someone like Cavill

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, thecel and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
nah tongue posture and neck posture contribute to the same thing, bad tongue posture/neck posture realign the forces causing malocclusions depending on your genetic propensity/where you placed your tongue/severity of the issue

hormones play a role too, perfect development but meh hormonal profile = someone like Chico

perfect development and high T = someone like Cavill
I wouldn’t say Cavill had perfect development, he was pretty fat as a kid :feelshaha:
A911F9B7 0C43 4F35 BB07 A5C042B6862D

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and thecel
I wouldn’t say Cavill had perfect development, he was pretty fat as a kid :feelshaha:
View attachment 973492
that's often for the better

you often see fat people with top-tier bones underneath that fat because the chewing forces have ensured they have good tongue posture and also causing bone remodeling

chewing results in a longer ramus, larger zygo arch (so facial width), and the changes that come from CCW rotation overall

as long as one is not morbidly obese to affect hormones, I'd argue being fat during puberty has helped a lot of people

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Krakowski, Dante13, neckcheck and 2 others
that's often for the better

you often see fat people with top-tier bones underneath that fat because the chewing forces have ensured they have good tongue posture and also causing bone remodeling

chewing results in a longer ramus, larger zygo arch (so facial width), and the changes that come from CCW rotation overall

as long as one is not morbidly obese to affect hormones, I'd argue being fat during puberty has helped a lot of people
Hmm fair enough, I do recall seeing a thread where being fat prevents you from having a long midface due to the fat protecting your jaw from swinging down or something. And it sounds like you really know your stuff man, cudos to you. I wish more topics on here talked about stuff like this tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Slob, Deleted member 16834, thecel and 1 other person
Raising the tongue in line with the vertebral column helps as its an airway issue.

• +1
View attachment 971732View attachment 971733

You can clearly see how the 1st guy's neck is connected to the center of his skull while the 2nd guy's neck is connected close to the back of his skull.
they are the exact same :blackpill: if the first guy rotated his head down and had more forward growth he'd look just like the second guy. it is not insertion, it is posture

• Hmm...
I noticed this too, legit dude
Any way yo get better neck insertion or is it over ?

• +1
I have a flat occiput warrior skull with a forward neck so if I ever went bald I would look like a thumb. Thanks for clarifying one of my biggest failos. I thought it was hyoid which is somewhat fixable but this shit is ogre

• +1
Reactions: clockwiseRotator and thecel
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Lookologist003, Slob, Agendum and 1 other person
they are the exact same :blackpill: if the first guy rotated his head down and had more forward growth he'd look just like the second guy. it is not insertion, it is posture
They have similar amounts of forward maxillary and mandibular growth (the 1st one actually has a longer mandible but the 2nd one has a longer ramus) but very different chin-to-neck distances. Yeah, the 2nd guy has a more projected chin than the 1st, but it's not hard to see that giving the 1st guy more chin projection won't make his submental area as long as the 2nd guy's.

@betamanlet made a morph that rotated his head down and extended his jaw and chin, and it's just not it:

Last edited:
Looks like a pretty good neck insertion

Actually he's tilting his head down too much.

View attachment 974678

This is the Frankfurt plane
Idk about you but that still looks like he is looking up too much.

Also, was looking through old photos and found out how much of a Chad my uncle was. Look at this Jesus Maxed superior neck insertion Chad, he looks to be on par with Saludon.

Meanwhile I’m getting cucked by a pacifier

Attachments

• 0F3897D0-5671-4BBB-AE4E-E201BCC6F95C.jpeg
    0F3897D0-5671-4BBB-AE4E-E201BCC6F95C.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 70
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Ocelot and thecel
Idk about you but that still looks like he is looking up too much.

Also, was looking through old photos and found out how much of a Chad my uncle was. Look at this Jesus Maxed superior neck insertion Chad, he looks to be on par with Saludon.

Meanwhile I’m getting cucked by a pacifier

brutally cuckolded. normies just do anything they're told without a second thought. putting plastic in the baby's mouth all day long during its most important developmental years? what could go wrong :forcedsmile:

• WTF
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 12218
USES 3D MODEL EXAMPLES, THAT AREN'T EVEN ANATOMICALLY CORRECT, AS EVIDENCE
Captain America Laughing GIF by mtv

PROCEEDS TO USE DIFFERENT EXAMPLES OF PEOPLE IN DIFFERENT POSTURES AS EVIDENCE TO HIS SHIT THEORY
ray liotta laughing GIF

NIGGA JUST STAND UP, PULL YOUR CHEST OUTWARD AND PUSH YOUR HEAD FORWARD, BOOM THATS UR "BACKWARD GROWN" NECK

LOW IQ MONGREL KYS

• JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: Lolcel, thecel, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and 1 other person
Good mandible forward growth can give the illusion of backward inserted neck

• +1
It’s over. I didn’t talk about mentohyoid distance and thyromental distance in the post.

• mentohyoid distance

• thyromental distance

• +1
Reactions: reptiles
It doesn't seem like something fixable tbh.

That is caused by a deficient mandible jaw surgery unironically fixes this along side a submentoplasty which makes a massive change in the hyoid profile this is a recession of the jaw problem not a genetically low positined hyoid.

• +1
Changing hyoid position and neck lift/liposuction should partially fix this right?

Absolutely this entire problem is caused by a low set hyoid a recessed jaw to begin with implants plus a submentoplasty with muscle reattachment fixes this giga subhuman trait.

• Woah
  • mentohyoid distance

• thyromental distance

What is this. Bro you need to create a summary of all your black pills your innovations are/

1 The throat neck angle.

2 upper maxilla projection.

3 forward cranium which is very insane that takes insane attention to detail to pick that out tbqh.

Things you need to make a thread on.

1 A vshaped maxilla.

2 the nasal ridge of caucasian europeans.

3 The skin thickness pill.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and thecel
So, finally what can I do to improve this? my jawline is non existent thanks to this :feelswhy:

• So Sad
I wrote a thread back in June 2020 about the location of the foramen magnum (or "neck insertion" for short — credits to @ Bewusst). The foramen magnum is the hole at the bottom of the skull that the neck attaches to. The essential idea: forward neck insertion is bad and backward neck insertion is good.

Examples ranging from very forward (bad) to very backward (good):

View attachment 971641View attachment 971643View attachment 971642View attachment 971644

Each of these skull examples have different amounts of forward growth. To determine neck insertion, look at where the top of the neck is located compared to the condyle (the condyle is the hinge point of the jaw) or the ear canal hole. Both of these points work; just pick one. I'll use the ear canal hole.
  1. In the 1st pic, the ear canal hole is near the back of the cervical spine. This indicates a very forward neck insertion.
  2. In the 2nd one, it's almost centered on it.
  3. In the 3rd, it's at the front end.
  4. In the 4th, the ear canal hole is completely in front of the cervical spine. This indicates a very backward neck insertion.

The Throat–Mandible Point

The throat–mandible point is where the throat meets the jawline in a person's side profile. It's a very important thing related to neck insertion. In most cases, the more forward a person's jawline is in relation to the front of the neck, the better it looks. The ideal is a jawline that only barely overlaps the neck, creating a "sharp cliff overhang" appearance.

View attachment 971683

The woman above has good forward growth and also a rearward-positioned neck insertion. See how little of the mandible overlaps the neck. About 2/3 of her jawline protrudes away from her neck.

View attachment 971687

Now look at this dude. He has good forward growth, but his side profile is ruined by his forward neck insertion. His neck is so forward that less than half of the length of his jawline projects in front of his throat. And taking head posture into account, his real throat–mandible point is even worse. If he had proper posture, like ~75% of his jawline would be overlapping his neck.

Examples of good neck insertion:

View attachment 971706View attachment 971708View attachment 971683

Examples of average neck insertion:

View attachment 971710View attachment 971711View attachment 971714View attachment 971750

Examples of poor neck insertion:

View attachment 971715View attachment 971687View attachment 971727

See the difference that neck insertion makes with these 2 men viewed from the same angle:

You can clearly see how the 1st guy's neck is connected to the center of his skull while the 2nd guy's neck is connected close to the back of his skull.
Just recession and posture

• WTF
Bro , is it dependant on the mandible length or the gonial angle ?
Maxillary forward growth + mandible length + occiput protrusion.

Everyones neck is positioned at the ears.

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Birdcell
Holy sheeit. Surgery too or just posture fixing?
Yeah mostly just posture. No surgery I believe. Maddest thing is he claims that was achieved in just 1 year from age 21 to 22

• Woah
  • JFL
C763CF15 59C3 497D 8837 AB325965EAD9

Tyler Maher’s neck insertion is very good.

• WTF
Reactions: datboijj
Interesting insights here.

• +1
I wrote a thread back in June 2020 about the location of the foramen magnum (or "neck insertion" for short — credits to @ Bewusst). The foramen magnum is the hole at the bottom of the skull that the neck attaches to. The essential idea: forward neck insertion is bad and backward neck insertion is good.

Examples ranging from very forward (bad) to very backward (good):

View attachment 971641View attachment 971643View attachment 971642View attachment 971644

Each of these skull examples have different amounts of forward growth. To determine neck insertion, look at where the top of the neck is located compared to the condyle (the condyle is the hinge point of the jaw) or the ear canal hole. Both of these points work; just pick one. I'll use the ear canal hole.
  1. In the 1st pic, the ear canal hole is near the back of the cervical spine. This indicates a very forward neck insertion.
  2. In the 2nd one, it's almost centered on it.
  3. In the 3rd, it's at the front end.
  4. In the 4th, the ear canal hole is completely in front of the cervical spine. This indicates a very backward neck insertion.

The Throat–Mandible Point

The throat–mandible point is where the throat meets the jawline in a person's side profile. It's a very important thing related to neck insertion. In most cases, the more forward a person's jawline is in relation to the front of the neck, the better it looks. The ideal is a jawline that only barely overlaps the neck, creating a "sharp cliff overhang" appearance.

View attachment 971683

The woman above has good forward growth and also a rearward-positioned neck insertion. See how little of the mandible overlaps the neck. About 2/3 of her jawline protrudes away from her neck.

View attachment 971687

Now look at this dude. He has good forward growth, but his side profile is ruined by his forward neck insertion. His neck is so forward that less than half of the length of his jawline projects in front of his throat. And taking head posture into account, his real throat–mandible point is even worse. If he had proper posture, like ~75% of his jawline would be overlapping his neck.

Examples of good neck insertion:

View attachment 971706View attachment 971708View attachment 971683

Examples of average neck insertion:

View attachment 971710View attachment 971711View attachment 971714View attachment 971750

Examples of poor neck insertion:

View attachment 971715View attachment 971687View attachment 971727

See the difference that neck insertion makes with these 2 men viewed from the same angle:

This has ruined my life

• Woah
This amount of forward growth looks retarded. The face has far too much depth;

2255367 e6d561d919de9238d37cba03cf740bf0

• WTF
This amount of forward growth looks retarded. The face has far too much depth;

View attachment 2476331
No it's good. Over for my recessed jaw, poor head posture, narrow jaw, loose hyoid, small ramus and poor neck insertions. Absolutely disgusting lower third

• So Sad
chats this real

• Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: thecel and Krakowski
One More Flaw :feelswhy:

• So Sad
No it's good. Over for my recessed jaw, poor head posture, narrow jaw, loose hyoid, small ramus and poor neck insertions. Absolutely disgusting lower third
Brah, work hard on your posture. Your overall posture - head & neck angle, shoulder position (anterior rotated shoulders) & back - CAN be improved significantly. Athlene-x has about 5 videos on posture.

Mew hard with suction to raise your thyroid & hyoid. Train your neck even if you have narrow insertions.

If you have shit teeth, get them fixed & whitened or get veneers so you at least have a nice warm sparkling shiteating grin.

Ascend, brah.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: thecel and Napoleon1800
Brah, work hard on your posture. Your overall posture - head & neck angle, shoulder position (anterior rotated shoulders) & back - CAN be improved significantly. Athlene-x has about 5 videos on posture.

Mew hard with suction to raise your thyroid & hyoid. Train your neck even if you have narrow insertions.

If you have shit teeth, get them fixed & whitened or get veneers so you at least have a nice warm sparkling shiteating grin.

Ascend, brah.
Alright brah

Is this even a thing ? is there anything in scientific literature suggesting this or it's just one of the countless .org fantastic theories

• +1
Reactions: Osteogenesis and thecel
I have to say, from what I've seen, many of your threads are high-effort but ultimately don't make sense. This isn't an insertion issue.

Men literally just have more hyoid tissue, larger submandibular glands, etc.

You will never see a man with a submental like Margot Robbie, even if they have better fw growth.
Why wouldn't he ? Does test affect submental tissue ? Sorry i'm late tho

• +1
There is some serious cope in the replies.

• +1