Need Advice For Lower Third

WhatToDo

WhatToDo

Iron
Recently joined this forum and glad to have found it, because of generally good advice, albeit contradictionary. Now to my problem:

20190907 230409 1567922815209 resized
20190907 230611 1567922813169 resized

As you can see, my jawline is almost nonexistent. My chin looks weak, my cheeks look bloated and im generally unhappy with how the lower third of my face looks, especially from the side.

Im open to surgery and I saved some money. On this forum i came across a lot of surgeries like BSSO, genio, liposuction, and it kinda gets confusing, especially when applying it to my own face. So my question is: What would you do when it comes to improving my lower third with or without surgery?

For Stats, if you care: 6'3 height, 9% bodyfat, 20 y/o

Recently joined this forum and glad to have found it, because of generally good advice, albeit contradictionary. Now to my problem:

View attachment 108469View attachment 108470

As you can see, my jawline is almost nonexistent. My chin looks weak, my cheeks look bloated and im generally unhappy with how the lower third of my face looks, especially from the side.

Im open to surgery and I saved some money. On this forum i came across a lot of surgeries like BSSO, genio, liposuction, and it kinda gets confusing, especially when applying it to my own face. So my question is: What would you do when it comes to improving my lower third with or without surgery?

Fixing this would probably turn your into top tier.
I'd recommend getting Sagittal split + Genioplasty, maybe jaw fillers instead.

• +1
Reactions: About2Rope, Mansnob and WhatToDo
Fixing this would probably turn your into top tier.
I'd recommend getting Sagittal split + Genioplasty, maybe jaw fillers instead.

Ty. I was wondering if doing both Sagittal Split and genio would push my chin over the top. Do you think the chin itself is recessed or is it just due to my jaw being recessed?

Its over without double jaw surgery

Ty. I was wondering if doing both Sagittal Split and genio would push my chin over the top. Do you think the chin itself is recessed or is it just due to my jaw being recessed?
Your jaw isnt square, you could try cope shit like chewing on hard shit but I doubt it'd work up to this point in your life. If you only get a genio your chin will be aligned with your nose and will look better, but the jaw still wont be as square as you may want it. That's why I mentioned both sagittal and genio. You should discuss this with your surgeon, or get jaw fillers/implants + genio

• +1
Reactions: About2Rope and WhatToDo
hard to believe you are 9% bf, based on those pics.

This is what 11% bf looks like:

J7toick.jpg

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: middayshowers, Mansnob, InZayn and 3 others
Your jaw isnt square, you could try cope shit like chewing on hard shit but I doubt it'd work up to this point in your life. If you only get a genio your chin will be aligned with your nose and will look better, but the jaw still wont be as square as you may want it. That's why I mentioned both sagittal and genio. You should discuss this with your surgeon, or get jaw fillers/implants + genio
Alright, thx bro
hard to believe you are 9% bf, based on those pics.

This is what 11% bf looks like:

J7toick.jpg
Hes muscular and low bf, im skinny and low bf. My face is bloated but my body looks entirely different.
Would you recommend buccal fat removal or smth along those lines to make my cheeks look less bloated? Or do you think the BSSO+ genio will stretch my skin and get me more hollow cheecks as a side effect?

Last edited:
Alright, thx bro

Hes muscular and low bf, im skinny and low bf. My face is bloated but my body looks entirely different.

Would you recommend buccal fat removal or smth along those lines to make my cheeks look less bloated? Or do you think the BSSO+ genio will stretch my skin and get me more hollow cheecks as a side effect?
Buccal fat removal is big cope, if you're low bf + u get the surgeries mentioned above and you still havent got hollow cheeks, its cuz of your facial bone structure. And I wouldnt go as far as touching that tbh

• +1
Buccal fat removal is big cope, if you're low bf + u get the surgeries mentioned above and you still havent got hollow cheeks, its cuz of your facial bone structure. And I wouldnt go as far as touching that tbh
Wtf nigger, why did you steal my fucking avi?

• JFL
Reactions: InZayn and Deleted member 2969
  • +1
Reactions: About2Rope and Alexanderr
I see. Will look for a surgery consultation now. Thanks for your time!

It's so sad that we are doomed to have a recessed chin, surgery or rope

Genioplasty, double jaw or jaw implants.

• +1
It's so sad that we are doomed to have a recessed chin, surgery or rope
I don't know if looks are only genetics or also upbringing, but i agree with the second part of your statement.

he should've taken some braces.
If You're referring to me, i had braces. They just corrected my teeth alignment, but they didn't effect my jaw, if not for the worse.

If You're referring to me, i had braces. They just corrected my teeth alignment, but they didn't effect my jaw, if not for the worse.
when did you get them? braces can improve your lower third during your puberty, but your doc should be a good expert.

View attachment 108469View attachment 108470

cat 3 hyoid bone position of peace and prosperity
my condolences, we must be long lost brothers :feelswhy:

sliding genio with 10mm advancement and if it still looks shit then BSSO

your maxilla has mediocre forward growth so wraparound jaw won't look quite right I think

when did you get them? braces can improve your lower third during your puberty, but your doc should be a good expert.
had them from 12 to 15. Didn't improve my lower third at all.

your maxilla has mediocre forward growth so wraparound jaw won't look quite right I think
yea his hyoid is worse than mine.

What is a cat 3 hyoid bone? Also can you elaborate on your last sentence?

you absolutely need double jaw surgery with counter clock wise rotation+ genio, i've done exactly this one in the past, http://www.ortognaticaroma.it/ price is 10k

had them from 12 to 15. Didn't improve my lower third at all.
well my friend had removable braces require strict and he grew such a decent jaw while his parents look recessed.

What is a cat 3 hyoid bone? Also can you elaborate on your last sentence?
there was some old aspie anatomy chart from lookism with hyoid bone position listed in Category 1, 2, 3, etc with 1 being most high set. Basically means you will probably have a prominent double chin on top of that turkey neck when you get older, as far as I know there is no true surgical way to alter it, it is what it is.

Wraparound jaw implant is good (but expensive) for patients like me who have good zygos and forward growth but a jaw that lacks forward and lateral projection, you are at low BF% yet your midface looks flat so it will look uncanny valley I think if you pair a slayer jaw with a midface that has relatively speaking insufficient projection.

well my friend had removable braces require strict and he grew such a decent jaw while his parents look recessed.
That's interesting. I had fixed braces for 3 years. Guess I didn't get lucky with my orthodontist.
there was some old aspie anatomy chart from lookism with hyoid bone position listed in Category 1, 2, 3, etc with 1 being most high set. Basically means you will probably have a prominent double chin on top of that turkey neck when you get older, as far as I know there is no true surgical way to alter it, it is what it is.
sounds rough, man...
Wraparound jaw implant is good (but expensive) for patients like me who have good zygos and forward growth but a jaw that lacks forward and lateral projection, you are at low BF% yet your midface looks flat so it will look uncanny valley I think if you pair a slayer jaw with a midface that has relatively speaking insufficient projection.
Im definitely not an expert, but I'm skeptical of implants, because it's not natural, although I don't deny the improved asthetics. I'd prefer a BSSO or something that actually alters my bone structure biological. So, yeah, Jaw Implants on my mandible are probably a bad idea, especially regarding your argument with the longer midface.

Last edited:
That's interesting. I had fixed braces for 3 years. Guess I didn't get lucky with my orthodontist.
well i wish i had visited an orthodontist. my lower jaw has a lot of crooked teeth while my upper one looks normal and more forward grown.

your side profile is literally birdmaxxed x1000

• +1
Reactions: WhatToDo
you absolutely need double jaw surgery with counter clock wise rotation+ genio, i've done exactly this one in the past, http://www.ortognaticaroma.it/ price is 10k
Sorry, didn't see your post yesterday. Thanks for your input. Can you tell me what the advantages of double jaw surgery in contrast to BSSO are and why you think i need a CCW rotation of my jaw?

Sorry, didn't see your post yesterday. Thanks for your input. Can you tell me what the advantages of double jaw surgery in contrast to BSSO are and why you think i need a CCW rotation of my jaw?
you need all of this cuz your lower and upper jaws are rotated downward

there's no way you're 9% bodyfat

you would genuinely need to have 1/100000 genetics in order to still have no facial definition at that low of a bodyfat

there's no way you're 9% bodyfat

you would genuinely need to have 1/100000 genetics in order to still have no facial definition at that low of a bodyfat
ur wrong, this occurence is quite common in the tall, slim, german phenotype. I see it regularly.