need help with focus

maxilofailo

maxilofailo

magic in ascesion
I need some serious fucking help
ever since like 8th grade, I've been a chronic procrastinator.
always holding things off until the VERY VERY last second
just barely making it through
this was basically me in high school : holding work off until the very last moment I could turn it in and get credit, and I never study for anything. Just scan over shitty notes 5 minutes before a test.
At the time I thought I was doing decent but looking back I did shit
I don't even think I'm that dumb (except for subjects like math and physics then its over)
I can't seem to break it no matter what I do

Its just so fucking boring to sit down and study or do work
My brain cant handle the boringness
It seriously cant
every time I sit down to do work my brain wants to watch youtube or tiktok or a show
I cant seem to focus no matter what its like Hyper ADHD on Steroids
and now if I dont turn in all my work Imma fail all my classes

I have high ambitions but my brain is holding me back
I just cant fucking focus on the boring work its so fucking brutal
I need drugs obviously but until I get those I need methods on how to focus, how to handle boringness, how to study
18 btw so dont know if its too late

Blud I was the same as you up until Sophmore year I had a 2.0 and just played ROBLOX all day
A nigga could not study shit was the most grueling thing ever
Then my family took my PC/Phone and made me sit in front of a shitbox and study for the SAT 5-6 hours everyday on Khan Academy
This went on for 2 months, I got like a 1330 (good enough) and my brain just got rewired from there
I wasn't able to do it myself someone had to deadass bring me out the mud brah
Ended HS with 3.5

I can't really advise you but what worked for me was just being restricted from anything that could give me quick dopamine (phone for yt, pc for games, etc..) and just being so bored that the only thing I wanted to do was study

I can't really advise you but what worked for me was just being restricted from anything that could give me quick dopamine (phone for yt, pc for games, etc..) and just being so bored that the only thing I wanted to do was study
what kind of shitbox did you have
something just enough to function?
you could still go on youtube and roblox no?

Shit/fried dopamine receptors, it's the same with me. You can either go cold turkey or restrict yourself start with 30 mins then an hour unitil your dopamine receptors get back to how they are suppose to be

what kind of shitbox did you have
something just enough to function?
you could still go on youtube and roblox no?
It was literally terrible. Some really old MAC that couldn't run ROBLOX or anything. Youtube would just perma buffer and my family would check my progress on Khan Academy every once in a while so impossible.

This route works but I think ideally you should just cleanse your brain by restricting screentime and just not allow yourself to go on games or forums until you completed all your work for the week.

Last edited:
Shit/fried dopamine receptors, it's the same with me. You can either go cold turkey or restrict yourself start with 30 mins then an hour unitil your dopamine receptors get back to how they are suppose to be
how long would that take?

its your dopamine i had the same, turn on screen time on your phone and slightly decrease the time, 3 month later i dont even trigger the screen time no more