NEED IDEAS FOR HORROR GAME

Spiritualcell

Spiritualcell

Very spiritual
Please provide me with ideas for a short horror game (30 minutes to 1 hour in length) that I will make in Unreal engine 5 and sell on Steam.

I asked about this before in more detail, but I didn't get any ideas jfl

I possess all the necessary skills to develop a game except for creativity.
Nothing truly inspires me, which is my problem. Without inspiration, I lack the motivation to create the game.
I usually use ChatGPT-4 for ideas, but it tends to offer generic, uninspired, and boring suggestions.

If you provide me with a good idea that I decide to use, I will give you a small percentage of the earnings when I sell it on Steam.

Here's a another game I'm working on atm:

@Psychophilly

• Woah
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: illoan82, Agendum, emeraldglass and 4 others
Please provide me with ideas for a short horror game (30 minutes to 1 hour in length) that I will make in Unreal engine 5 and sell on Steam.

Nothing truly inspires me, which is my problem. Without inspiration, I lack the motivation to create the game.
I usually use ChatGPT-4 for ideas, but it tends to offer generic, uninspired, and boring suggestions.

If you provide me with a good idea that I decide to use, I will give you a small percentage of the earnings when I sell it on Steam.

@Psychophilly

What's your level of coding expertise and gaming experience what software are you using to create the game ?

• +1
Reactions: Spiritualcell
I hope for you that Markiplier, Jacksepticeye and Hollow will play it. Millions of views

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: hardestmfintheroom, murdah, iam good boy and 8 others
What's your level of coding expertise and gaming experience what software are you using to create the game ?
Its prob only ue5 and c++

• +1
Reactions: Spiritualcell and reptiles
Jumpscares idk

• JFL
Reactions: nanefer and Spiritualcell
I began learning game development a year ago using Unreal Engine 5, which is my preferred game engine.
I employ Unreal Engine 5 blueprints for coding, which work great.
They enable me to code everything I need.

You can watch this video to see what I can do.

Additionally, I utilize a few other software tools such as Maya, ZBrush, and Substance Painter. I use these software for animating, 3D modeling, rigging, skinning, and texturing.

Regarding my gaming experience, it has been mostly PC gaming. This includes competitive FPS, story-driven single-player games, horror titles, etc.

I hope for you that Markiplier, Jacksepticeye and Hollow will play it. Millions of views
Thanks.
I do intend to sent emails with steam keys to 100+ youtubers.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Deleted member 21345, NumbThePain and 1 other person
I began learning game development a year ago using Unreal Engine 5, which is my preferred game engine.
I employ Unreal Engine 5 blueprints for coding, which work great.
They enable me to code everything I need.

You can watch this video to see what I can do.

Additionally, I utilize a few other software tools such as Maya, ZBrush, and Substance Painter. I use these software for animating, 3D modeling, rigging, skinning, and texturing.

Regarding my gaming experience, it has been mostly PC gaming. This includes competitive FPS, story-driven single-player games, horror titles, etc.

Thanks.
I do intend to sent emails with steam keys to 100+ youtubers.

Looks good so far i'm not a gamer personally but I don't see anything wrong with it so far although I'm not a gamer nor am i coder not my thing

• +1
Blackgymmaxx hunts you down in a forest at night and if he gets near you he will call you a 2/10 and kill you immediately
Make it so schery6 haunts the forest too

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Kazakh Theist, Sny, RAMU KAKA and 8 others
Blackgymmaxx hunts you down in a forest at night and if he gets near you he will call you a 2/10 and kill you immediately

Bro the poor dude committed suicide due to negative comment how are you going to piss on an dead mans grave and then be complaining about the black pill or lookism

• JFL

@Psychophilly

@Spiritualcells could you do any software models to create and compare picture ratios of different chads of various ethnicites ? i lack the coding experience and it's to many cans of worms

• WTF
Bro the poor dude committed suicide due to negative comment how are you going to piss on an dead mans grave and then be complaining about the black pill or lookism
I have no respect for the faggot lol he didn't even go ER

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: nanefer and Spiritualcell
imagine the antichrist prophecy where the devil tries to take over the earth

monsters, dead rising from the ground, alien invading earth... anything scary you can imagine

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: TsarTsar444, 5'7 zoomer, nanefer and 1 other person
I have no respect for the faggot lol he didn't even go ER

Going ER is pointless at worse it makes norm cucks give bigger surveillances on us and worse off it makes any behaviour slightly anti women be seen as you wanting to commit murder no I'm happy he didn't

horror action games are pretty cool like outlast, cod zombies, resident evil, silent hill

try to get ideas from these games

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, nanefer and Spiritualcell
@Spiritualcells could you do any software models to create and compare picture ratios of different chads of various ethnicites ? i lack the coding experience and it's to many cans of worms
DistraughtFace

Nigga? Do I look like I give a fuck about comparing ratios of different chads of various ethnicities???
NIGGA, I WANT TO MAKE MONEY.
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT WORTHLESS ASPIE ENDEAVORS

Either give me fucking ideas or get the fuck out of my thread.

imagine the antichrist prophecy where the devil tries to take over the earth

monsters, dead rising from the ground, alien invading earth... anything scary you can imagine
Right...
Could you give a more detailed idea?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Deleted member 21345, nanefer and 1 other person
Add adolf hitlers fighting joeshp stalin pls

• JFL
Add niggers please
add mogging
Neutral face unfunny

I don't understand? Was I supposed to find that funny?

You know there's a reason why your post-rep ratio is negative.
I think you should go back to tik tok or maybe stay out of the 'Moneymaking & Success' section.

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Deleted member 21345, nanefer and 1 other person
View attachment 2621136

I don't understand? Was I supposed to find that funny?

You know there's a reason why your post-rep ratio is negative.
I think you should go back to tik tok or maybe stay out of the 'Moneymaking & Success' section.
Your game won't be successfull no matter how much effort you put in or whatever creative idea you base it on anyway.

• JFL
i don’t have any ideas, but the game ur working on actually looks pretty good. good luck brodie

• +1
Add niggers please
add mogging
Retard

@NumbThePain, @0hMan, @Lmao
You seeing this shit?
I ask for ideas, and what do I get; Tik Tok retards spamming the same tired jokes!

"ADD MOGGING"
"BROO, WHAT IF THEIR WAS A EDGING MECHANIC??!"
"BRO MAKE ER SIMULATOR"

Every fucking time I've posted in the 'Moneymaking & Success' section, I get this shit.
If I was mod, these worthless grey dogs would be warned for posting such absurd and low-effort garbage.

Fuck man... I'm tired...

Your game won't be successfull no matter how much effort you put in or whatever creative idea you base it on anyway.
You sound hurt, pussy ass nigga.

"Well.... you won't make any money anyway..." -
200w

i don’t have any ideas, but the game ur working on actually looks pretty good. good luck brodie
Thank you, my Aryan brother.

@Aloha
If you don't mind, could you give me an idea?
You are very well-read, and you undoubtedly have a unique mind.
Perhaps you could come up with a good idea for a short horror game.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: diamondbill, 5'7 zoomer, Deleted member 21345 and 5 others

@Psychophilly

I have an idea but IDK how it could be implemented without a fuckton of work, and it's kinda mid anyways.

• +1
I have an idea but IDK how it could be implemented without a fuckton of work, and it's kinda mid anyways.
Go on...
99% of the game would be made with marketplace assets, so It should be fine, as long as it's no longer than 1 hour and 30 mins in length.
If it's good I'll use it, and I'll give you a small cut of the steam earnings.

@Fiqh
What about you dawg? You got any ideas?
You're an intelligent guy, although I'm not sure if video games are haram or halal...

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: diamondbill and Fiqh
Go on...
99% of the game would be made with marketplace assets, so It should be fine, as long as it's no longer than 1 hour and 30 mins in length.
If it's good I'll use it, and I'll give you a small cut of the steam earnings.

@Fiqh
What about you dawg? You got any ideas?
You're an intelligent guy, although I'm not sure if video games are haram or halal...
How about this: nihilistic guy who thinks nothing matters takes some sort of super strong psych type drug. He meets this jester who tells him "if nothing matters then XYZ". This could go 2 ways: the main character could be seduced into going on rampages by the jester, or the jester could chase down the main character in many different ways. It's kind of ass, but I came up with it in two minutes, so.

And as for video games being haram, I'm sure you could find some Salafi monkey who says that everybody who plays video games goes to hell.

• +1
why make another shit shooter call of duty clone.

• JFL
Reactions: Spiritualcell and humanoidsub7
View attachment 2621162

@NumbThePain, @0hMan, @Lmao
You seeing this shit?
I ask for ideas, and what do I get; Tik Tok retards spamming the same tired jokes!

"ADD MOGGING"
"BROO, WHAT IF THEIR WAS A EDGING MECHANIC??!"
"BRO MAKE ER SIMULATOR"

Every fucking time I've posted in the 'Moneymaking & Success' section, I get this shit.
If I was mod, these worthless grey dogs would be warned for posting such absurd and low-effort garbage.

Fuck man... I'm tired...

You sound hurt, pussy ass nigga.

"Well.... you won't make any money anyway..." -
View attachment 2621177

Thank you, my Aryan brother.

@Aloha
If you don't mind, could you give me an idea?
You are very well-read, and you undoubtedly have a unique mind.
Perhaps you could come up with a good idea for a short horror game.
Your unity free model game that looks like a demonstration made by a game engine on how to make your first basic game is not going to be the next big thing. Unless you have a concept and story so good combined with unique visuals and executed perfectly or unless you make a game so shitty and comical, so bad that it's good, and you have perfect luck, it's NOT taking off. The space around you with the competition along with having all the good and unique concepts already made makes it impossible to succeed in anything including games. Best case scenario is that a youtuber who plays indie games making a video about it. You're probably not even going to get 1 single sale especially on a platform like steam. It has to stand out incredibly much to make it in 2024

• JFL
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and Spiritualcell
How about this: nihilistic guy who thinks nothing matters takes some sort of super strong psych type drug. He meets this jester who tells him "if nothing matters then XYZ". This could go 2 ways: the main character could be seduced into going on rampages by the jester, or the jester could chase down the main character in many different ways. It's kind of ass, but I came up with it in two minutes, so.
Icegif 722

Alright man...
At least you tried!

Maybe it's me that's the issue.
Fuck... I should just pick an idea and begin...
But I just can't create something that doesn't interest me...

Your unity free model game
I've never used unity.
What are you talking about?

that looks like a demonstration made by a game engine on how to make your first basic game
The video I uploaded is indeed a demonstration which I made to show some of the stuff that my game currently has.
Now, tell me would a first basic game have:
- Advanced AI
- Weapon system with customization, explosives, melee weapons, etc
- Animal ecosystem
- Companion system
- Realistic-looking open world
- Mild survival mechanics
- Interactable objects
- CCTV system
- Placeable and pickupable equipment
- in-game computer OS
- buying and selling equipment
- readable notes
- world events like the tree that gets hit by lightning in the video
- Audio cues for animals, guns, doors, footsteps, etc
- True first-person
- Gore system
And more!

is not going to be the next big thing.
Obviously.
I don't expect my game to be the next Phasmophobia.
But I do expect to make at least 100k in the first year of release.

Unless you have a concept and story so good combined with unique visuals and executed perfectly or unless you make a game so shitty and comical, so bad that it's good, and you have perfect luck, it's NOT taking off. The space around you with the competition along with having all the good and unique concepts already made makes it impossible to succeed in anything including games. Best case scenario is that a youtuber who plays indie games making a video about it. You're probably not even going to get 1 single sale especially on a platform like steam. It has to stand out incredibly much to make it in 2024
I've studied the steam platform immensely.

When picking genres for my game I used this spreadsheet to strategically pick high earning genres:

For example I made a Custom GPT which analyzed recent short indie horror games that were successful on steam.
Untitled

I can't be bothered to write a giant essay, but you're mostly incorrect.

why make another shit shooter call of duty clone.
Just because it has guns and is first person doesn't make it a call of duty clone.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: diamondbill and 5'7 zoomer
1 hour is insanely short even for a horror game. Maybe if you can make some plotless shit like this tho:

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and Spiritualcell
1 hour is insanely short even for a horror game. Maybe if you can make some plotless shit like this tho:

There's plenty of horror games that are 1 hour and under in length on steam:
1. The Exit 8
Revenue: $467,994
Release date: 29 Nov, 2023

2. Fears to Fathom - Ironbark Lookout
Revenue: $421,253
Release date: 20 Oct, 2023

3. [Chilla's Art] The Kidnap | 誘拐事件
Revenue: $59,965
Release date: 1 Nov, 2023

I can make all of these games in under a month.

All I need is a idea that motivates me.

I did also analyze the game you sent, and the devs lucked out.
I think the games I listed are better examples of what I should make.

• +1
Reactions: diamondbill, TsarTsar444, 5'7 zoomer and 2 others
View attachment 2621212

Alright man...
At least you tried!

Maybe it's me that's the issue.
Fuck... I should just pick an idea and begin...
But I just can't create something that doesn't interest me...

I've never used unity.
What are you talking about?

The video I uploaded is indeed a demonstration which I made to show some of the stuff that my game currently has.
Now, tell me would a first basic game have:
- Advanced AI
- Weapon system with customization, explosives, melee weapons, etc
- Animal ecosystem
- Companion system
- Realistic-looking open world
- Mild survival mechanics
- Interactable objects
- CCTV system
- Placeable and pickupable equipment
- in-game computer OS
- buying and selling equipment
- readable notes
- world events like the tree that gets hit by lightning in the video
- Audio cues for animals, guns, doors, footsteps, etc
- True first-person
- Gore system
And more!

Obviously.
I don't expect my game to be the next Phasmophobia.
But I do expect to make at least 100k in the first year of release.

I've studied the steam platform immensely.

When picking genres for my game I used this spreadsheet to strategically pick high earning genres:

For example I made a Custom GPT which analyzed recent short indie horror games that were successful on steam.
View attachment 2621243

I can't be bothered to write a giant essay, but you're mostly incorrect.

Just because it has guns and is first person doesn't make it a call of duty clone.

I can't access the google sheets for some reason.. ...can you post the screen shot ?

Here's an idea for a 30 gimmick game

Typical post apocalyptic setting but it's just a character scavenging for schizo meds in an abandoned town

All of the enemies are his literal hallucinations and he knows it, but they do real damage and and can kill you

You have to avoid things that could trigger an episode like accidentally setting off car alarms or dog. Rather than combat you avoid seeing upsetting things while following locations on a mini map. So you avoid places where there might be dead bodies logically

Not a fleshed out idea but could make an interesting gimmick game under an 1hr

• Woah
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer

@Psychophilly

You could make a horror survival.

Make something with mannequins, like the Mannequins work with these other secret 4th dimensional beings that no one else can see except the mannequins

Use gore, knives and jumpscares of course.

@Psychophilly

Sheeeesh

Make some shit cabinet and and monsters in it so the foids can get raped there

@Psychophilly

-You are a safety inspector of abandoned buildings, must clear out health hazards like asbestos -> spooky stuff happens.

-You are a prison low level prison guard where the inmates are supernatural criminals. Theres no big breakout but you have to keep tabs on multiple prisoners trying to escape, contain one on one end of the building then get alerted to an emergency far away.

-You work at a drive through fast food joint but heres the twist, it exists in the middle of a post-zombie apocalypse world. In between serving customers, the food joint gets raided by single and hordes of zombies. People still use the drive through and there is still an economy that survives among the zombi apocalypse. The game has you using fyers, drink dispensers, registers etc but you have to lock down or urgently open up the restaurant to let people in. In this world Zombies are still deadly but more of a daily inconvenience in this world. Some of your guests are come armed with various different tools and weapons that you are allowed to use.
Some tasks include you unloading trucks of inventory or mopping dead zombies in your restaurant with other workers and making burgers.

-You work at a Zoo, but it holds cryptozoological creatures, some with crazy properties. Multiplayer?

idk, just do something where you are an ordinary guy that has to do something like a wagie job but it has a twist of the conditions he has to work with. The horror elements are what make your wagie job harder. Idk, I just thought of these ideas top of my head.

Dont be a ChatGPT-4 nigger, you CAN be creative. But you'll have to commit to it.

-You are a safety inspector of abandoned buildings, must clear out health hazards like asbestos -> spooky stuff happens.

-You are a prison low level prison guard where the inmates are supernatural criminals. Theres no big breakout but you have to keep tabs on multiple prisoners trying to escape, contain one on one end of the building then get alerted to an emergency far away.

-You work at a drive through fast food joint but heres the twist, it exists in the middle of a post-zombie apocalypse world. In between serving customers, the food joint gets raided by single and hordes of zombies. People still use the drive through and there is still an economy that survives among the zombi apocalypse. The game has you using fyers, drink dispensers, registers etc but you have to lock down or urgently open up the restaurant to let people in. In this world Zombies are still deadly but more of a daily inconvenience in this world. Some of your guests are come armed with various different tools and weapons that you are allowed to use.
Some tasks include you unloading trucks of inventory or mopping dead zombies in your restaurant with other workers and making burgers.

-You work at a Zoo, but it holds cryptozoological creatures, some with crazy properties. Multiplayer?

idk, just do something where you are an ordinary guy that has to do something like a wagie job but it has a twist of the conditions he has to work with. The horror elements are what make your wagie job harder. Idk, I just thought of these ideas top of my head.

Dont be a ChatGPT-4 nigger, you CAN be creative. But you'll have to commit to it.
The thing is that I'm struggling with a lack of inspiration and can't seem to find any ideas that excite me. I'm attempting to design a level, but without a clear vision of the final product, it's proving to be a difficult task. This lack of inspiration makes it tough to create anything meaningful. Ideally, I need a nigga who can conceptualize and design the level, leaving me to focus on the coding aspect.

The thing is that I'm struggling with a lack of inspiration and can't seem to find any ideas that excite me. I'm attempting to design a level, but without a clear vision of the final product, it's proving to be a difficult task. This lack of inspiration makes it tough to create anything meaningful. Ideally, I need a nigga who can conceptualize and design the level, leaving me to focus on the coding aspect.
I remember back in the day I used to think I wanted to used the Crysis engine to make a game, never went anywhere, graphics used to be a platform but now they are boring. People are looking for cool concepts now.

You may not need to build many environments if you have a single cool concept which makes things easier. I provided some ideas which you are free to take, give them a try, you might even hate being restricted by the idea and end up changing it to some YOU LIKE. Now you just created interest, "because its not right" and that will be the momentum that will move you to move to some creative destination.

Confined to restrictions is usually the catalyst for creativity. But if you see cool new gaming engine where anything is possible and the demo is just a boring assault rifle on the bottom right hand corner of the screen will be boring as shit. People already have CoD in the market for that braindead stuff. You're not likely going to make a huge ambitious game like Halo or something, so cut it down to some cool concept/premise. Then let the art style reflect that to strengthen the character of the game as a whole.

Knowing coding really broadens your horizons to what you can do, which means you dont really have to rely on graphics as a crutch.

First of all, you gotta know what kinda games you would want to play, is it a FPS? Like a story based one or just Boomer shooter kind like Doom/Quake? Is it survival horror? Is it casual? Is it RTS or 3rd Person Open World?

Stacy running from subhuman. Would be a good horror game

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 39140
Curlyheadjames

do i get 10% if i share good ideas

Either him or badg96 as a villian, Honestly badg96 is much scarier

His stare:feelswow:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back