These will only work on your alveloar ridges and leave your teeth crooked :
Download

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: randomguy1235, SayNoToRotting and Lorsss
get MSE instead

• +1
Reactions: SayNoToRotting
Does the expander move the parnasal area forward at all?

Anything similar to move the lower jaw forward?

Does the expander move the parnasal area forward at all?

Anything similar to move the lower jaw forward?
no in combination with a facepuller like copeandropes yes
to move the lower jaw forward you have to get bsso

Which one is that?

Which one is that?
i forgot the name however the surgery is called Transpalatal Distraction Osteogenesis
other than traditional palatal expanders there is Transpalatal Distraction Osteogenesis for BOTH lower and upper palate

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1707
no in combination with a facepuller like copeandropes yes
to move the lower jaw forward you have to get bsso
And to expand the lower jaw laterally you would need MSDO, right?

Now, explains me how are you even supposed to expand "only" the alveolar ridge without the maxilla?

4XzHOsGhSWjDLZWpwPPlRg Maxilla 01

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: macbeth, Lorsss, IWantToMax and 1 other person
let me guess its another thing that you wont be able to do for purely cosmetic purposes

alveolar ridge is alot softer

Don't think so

Anyways following this logic, maxilla growth to his genetic blueprint width speaking and only the alveolar ridge can get fucked by bad habits such mouth breathing because of the pressure of the cheeks not opposed by the tongue.

Anyways following this logic, maxilla growth to his genetic blueprint width speaking and only the alveolar ridge can get fucked by bad habits such mouth breathing because of the pressure of the cheeks not opposed by the tongue.
No cause they're still connected and especially during development it matters long term, but the alveolar ridge is alot more malleable when you look at rapid expansion.

No cause they're still connected and especially during development it matters long term, but the alveolar ridge is alot more malleable when you look at rapid expansion.

I have a hard time to believe it, I was a full time mouth breather, my maxilla is effectively in a shitty position but my IPD is more than 70mm and my zygomatic process is pushed quite outward. And my upper palate was narrow and still narrow at the front even after the palatal expansion that I get when I was 14, so, there is two solution:
- You are wrong about the fact that any palatal expansion that doesn't tip the teeth is not an expansion of the whole maxilla
- You are wrong about the fact that the rest of the maxilla adapt to narrowing of the upper arch.

I have a hard time to believe it, I was a full time mouth breather, my maxilla is effectively in a shitty position but my IPD is more than 70mm and my zygomatic process is pushed quite outward. And my upper palate was narrow and still narrow at the front even after the palatal expansion that I get when I was 14, so, there is two solution:
- You are wrong about the fact that any palatal expansion that doesn't tip the teeth is not an expansion of the whole maxilla
- You are wrong about the fact that the rest of the maxilla adapt to narrowing of the upper arch.
I don't think you seem to understand the difference between natural postural expansion aka long term expansion (ensuring the bones etc stay in a proper position throughout development, instead of the narrowing of the palate and thus the entire maxilla AS THEY'RE STILL DEVELOPING DURING CRUCIAL YEARS) and rapid paletal expansion which only widens the palate and doesn't force the bones to get in a proper position etc.
And I never claimed that IPD isn't influenced by genetics, in fact there's studies supporting this.

if you are interested in MSE you guys should read Ronald Ead's blog posts and his videos where he underwent traditional palate expansion, AGGA and has now finally moved onto MSE

he has x-ray scans that show growth and is currently a dental student IIRC

@SayNoToRotting thoughts on the discussion I had with the other guy? I'm still new to alot of this stuff myself so I could've been wrong too