Notes from Consultation with Ramieri and Pagnoni

M

MD_Hopeful69

Kraken
Ramieri:
Wants me to decompensate my bite before surgery, which will make me look worse temporarily but apparently will allow for a better aesthetic result. He also wants me to remove my bottom two impacted wisdom teeth because they are in the same plane as the cut needed for the BSSO. Quoted me a price, will not share publicly. Is unaware of the movements I would need until closer to surgery but will be a Bimax with CCW rotation. Wants me to stay in Italy for at least two weeks.

pagnoni:

consultation was free and felt more personable. Even gave me a discount For bimax quote. He wants to do a surgery first approach with Ramus widening of 5 mm on both sides. Says he can remove the wisdom teeth during surgery and before performing the BSSO cut. he wants me to stay for at least one week. Same with rameiri wants to do bimax with CCW rotation. Expressed concerns about widening of alar base with the CCW rotation and he said alar cinch suture can prevent this

@RealSurgerymax

• +1
Reactions: HerpDerpson, Deleted member 7098, Pumanator and 10 others
5mm ramus widening is interesting. My concern would be how the TMJ's take it. Do your zygos project out much more than your gonions?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862 and oatmeal
@retard @Ocelot seems interesting no?

• +1
Reactions: Ocelot
Heh, I just found out my gonion to gonion measurement increased by ~4-5mm after bimax. My surgeon let me keep a before and after 3D model of my skull.

Last edited:
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 4887
ramieri also said he can prevent widening of alar base with special cut

can you pm me your bimax price from pagnoni? Why did you get a discount?

@retard @Ocelot seems interesting no?
Ramieri:
Wants me to decompensate my bite before surgery, which will make me look worse temporarily but apparently will allow for a better aesthetic result.
This is what the doc I went too said essentially too. Give myself an overbite, then advance the jaw (but then he said I don't recommend orthognatic intervention for your case) I guess the premolar extraction was necessary to fix the dentoalveolar protrusion, because he mentioned it would be crowded if I didn't do that.

• +1
Reactions: oatmeal
Heh, I just found out my gonion to gonion measurement increased by ~4-5mm after bimax. My surgeon let me keep a before and after 3D model of my skull.

Is it a noticeable gain in bigonial width prior to your surgery?

Is it a noticeable gain in bigonial width prior to your surgery?
not noticeable. the substantial increase in mandible length actually makes my jaw look narrower from the 3/4 profile view than before, although I am still over 10kg lighter now, could be the result of decreased facial fat and muscle.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Administrator
not noticeable. the substantial increase in mandible length actually makes my jaw look narrower from the 3/4 profile view than before, although I am still over 10kg lighter now, could be the result of decreased facial fat and muscle.
did you had bite problems before bimax? What was your surgeon?

Sagittal without transverse is retarded. Ramus widening is the path forward.

Ramieri:
Wants me to decompensate my bite before surgery, which will make me look worse temporarily but apparently will allow for a better aesthetic result. He also wants me to remove my bottom two impacted wisdom teeth because they are in the same plane as the cut needed for the BSSO. Quoted me a price, will not share publicly. Is unaware of the movements I would need until closer to surgery but will be a Bimax with CCW rotation. Wants me to stay in Italy for at least two weeks.

pagnoni:

consultation was free and felt more personable. Even gave me a discount For bimax quote. He wants to do a surgery first approach with Ramus widening of 5 mm on both sides. Says he can remove the wisdom teeth during surgery and before performing the BSSO cut. he wants me to stay for at least one week. Same with rameiri wants to do bimax with CCW rotation. Expressed concerns about widening of alar base with the CCW rotation and he said alar cinch suture can prevent this

@RealSurgerymax
What did you end up doing

Ramieri is cucked