Orbital decompression needed?

humanoidsub7

humanoidsub7

Irked.
planning; lower eyelid reduction + canthoplasty but idk about orbital decompression.
Snapchat 1617975572

@Asspear you're great at surgery advice

• Woah
Reactions: Asspear
@RealSurgerymax

No you'll get bogged

Look into saddled infra-malars before jumping into eye surgery.

There's a high risk of uncanniness with soft-tissue eye surgery, especially orbital decompression. I've yet to see one good result unless it was from a person who had genuine exophthalmos.

Also take a picture in the mirror or further away. The lens distortion is fucking up your ability to get objective/productive advice.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: humanoidsub7 and Asspear
@Asspear you're great at surgery advice
Very kind of you to say. I'm definitely not an expert, but I would say that this surgery would not likely do much for you. I agree with both @pSilent and RSM. Usually, the people who need orbital decompression have genuinely bulging eyeballs. I think people often confuse their eyeballs being bulging with having a lack of infraorbital and supraorbital rim support (i.e. their bone mass itself is lacking, meaning their eyes will not appear to be deep-set regardless of orbital decompression).

I agree with pSilent as well - looks like there's some lense distortion going on. You have a fair amount of scleral show, but unlike most who have that trait, you look like you actually have some zygomatic development. You should look into some saddled infras. If you get the saddled infras, I believe you will likely not need the same degree of the associated zygomatic augmentation that tends to come along with it (which is good!). Subsequently, I think your lower eyelid reduction and canthoplasty can potentially provide a phenomenal result.

I would just caution against getting too much soft-tissue work done before ensuring that your undereyes do not have a negative orbital vector - might look a little bit uncanny otherwise imo. I think that tends to result in that weird perma-squint look.

Overall, I'd say saddled infras (MUST be saddled), and the cantho/lower eyelid reduction will result in a significant improvement. I'm not an expert though, so take this for what it is.

• +1
Reactions: humanoidsub7
Very kind of you to say. I'm definitely not an expert, but I would say that this surgery would not likely do much for you. I agree with both @pSilent and RSM. Usually, the people who need orbital decompression have genuinely bulging eyeballs. I think people often confuse their eyeballs being bulging with having a lack of infraorbital and supraorbital rim support (i.e. their bone mass itself is lacking, meaning their eyes will not appear to be deep-set regardless of orbital decompression).

I agree with pSilent as well - looks like there's some lense distortion going on. You have a fair amount of scleral show, but unlike most who have that trait, you look like you actually have some zygomatic development. You should look into some saddled infras. If you get the saddled infras, I believe you will likely not need the same degree of the associated zygomatic augmentation that tends to come along with it (which is good!). Subsequently, I think your lower eyelid reduction and canthoplasty can potentially provide a phenomenal result.

I would just caution against getting too much soft-tissue work done before ensuring that your undereyes do not have a negative orbital vector - might look a little bit uncanny otherwise imo. I think that tends to result in that weird perma-squint look.

Overall, I'd say saddled infras (MUST be saddled), and the cantho/lower eyelid reduction will result in a significant improvement. I'm not an expert though, so take this for what it is.
should i do this BEFORE jaw surgery??? it's the first surgery i could get rn and it would change me a lot, but i heard jaw surgery kinda fucks up the lower eyelid sometimes

should i do this BEFORE jaw surgery??? it's the first surgery i could get rn and it would change me a lot, but i heard jaw surgery kinda fucks up the lower eyelid sometimes
Depending on design, and who you go to, you could get them done concurrently. If you can't get then done concurrently, I'd probably get them done after jaw surgery. That being said, I can't imagine the impact on the lower lids would be too severe if you're just getting a standard BSSO + LF1. IMO the order should generally be as follows:

1) Osteonomies
2) Implants
3) Soft tissue

• +1
Depending on design, and who you go to, you could get them done concurrently. If you can't get then done concurrently, I'd probably get them done after jaw surgery. That being said, I can't imagine the impact on the lower lids would be too severe if you're just getting a standard BSSO + LF1. IMO the order should generally be as follows:

1) Osteonomies
2) Implants
3) Soft tissue
alright man, thank you.

• +1
No prob dude, anytime. Also, mirin the Salvia Plath banner on your profile
hahaha yeah i knew the dude and i had an special copy of the salvia palth album.

• Woah
hahaha yeah i knew the dude and i had an special copy of the salvia palth album.
Seriously? I've been a fan of Daniel's work since I was like 15, that's crazy to me!

• Woah
Seriously? I've been a fan of Daniel's work since I was like 15, that's crazy to me!
no idea you knew his real name... i talked with him before

Last edited:
  • +1