Over for my social skills

optimisticzoomer

optimisticzoomer

The only way is up
One of my housemates/"friends" (can only talk in a group setting) was in the kitchen just now

I was trying to think of things to say but I just ended up calling him a Jew and saying "brainrot" as he watched dumb tiktoks presumably to kill the silence

Then we just ate in silence and he left

There's only one person in my house who I could talk to individually at times, but he is staying at home so there's only 2 others here and I can't speak to them

• JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine, albe.ORG and Eternal_
No such thing as social skills

No such thing as social skills
IMG 20230316 184239

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Manletmachine and Aero
One of my housemates/"friends" (can only talk in a group setting) was in the kitchen just now

I was trying to think of things to say but I just ended up calling him a Jew and saying "brainrot" as he watched dumb tiktoks presumably to kill the silence

Then we just ate in silence and he left

There's only one person in my house who I could talk to individually at times, but he is staying at home so there's only 2 others here and I can't speak to them
Any advice on how to interact with housemates? I'll need to move soon, and I'm super non NT.

Any advice on how to interact with housemates? I'll need to move soon, and I'm super non NT.
Lol don't be like me
Ideally go down and talk when there's more than 1 already there cos it's easier then, and then at least you don't have to go down and talk 1 to 1 to avoid it seeming like you're ignoring them for days

I used to avoid going down when there was 2+ anyway half the time, but now the one person has left we all just avoid each other kinda

These are people I've known since the start of uni and I'm finishing in a month so it should be easier than randoms

• +1
Reactions: albe.ORG