Palate expander causing a gap between front teeth?

maxxmclooks

maxxmclooks

part of the problem
Any experiences using a palate expander?

Did a gap form between your front teeth?

I heard some dentists say that it can very much cause a gap between your front teeth, also seen pics of people using palate expanders and getting a gap between their teeth.

Any experiences?

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel
Any experiences using a palate expander?

Did a gap form between your front teeth?

I heard some dentists say that it can very much cause a gap between your front teeth, also seen pics of people using palate expanders and getting a gap between their teeth.

Any experiences?
it will always create a gap in the front teeth, most times a huge one. you will need braces after getting MSE

• +1
Reactions: User28823, Giorgio, vzidel and 1 other person
if you use plate expander to widen ur maxilla you will 100% see a gap being created in between ur front teeth, depending on how big the gap gets you might have to get braces afterwards

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel and maxxmclooks
it will always create a gap in the front teeth, most times a huge one. you will need braces after getting MSE
if you use plate expander to widen ur maxilla you will 100% see a gap being created in between ur front teeth, depending on how big the gap gets you might have to get braces afterwards
thank you nice sirs

don't braces recces your maxilla like hell tho ?

• +1
Reactions: Giorgio
don't braces recces your maxilla like hell
I mean if u have a good orthodontist and do check ups regularly they should only help you, if you get recessed then you picked a hurry orthodontist that doesn’t know what they are doing

I mean if u have a good orthodontist and do check ups regularly they should only help you, if you get recessed then you picked a hurry orthodontist that doesn’t know what they are doing

meant to say bad orthodontist

don't braces recces your maxilla like hell tho ?
no, braces by definition don't have the ability to affect maxilla in any meaningful capacity, maxilla is a large strong bone, while the braces act only on the much softer alveolar bone in which the teeth are anchored in

but by design braces pull the teeth "together" in order to straighten them out, so braces can so to speak have a shrinking effect on your dental arch

but I would bring this concern up with your orthodontist - I would advise you to be proactive and to make sure that the orthodontist you're working with cares about not making your arch more narrow, because there are many out there that don't really give a shit and will even recommend premolar extraction in order to make space for the braces-shrinkage

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel
no, braces by definition don't have the ability to affect maxilla in any meaningful capacity, maxilla is a large strong bone, while the braces act only on the much softer alveolar bone in which the teeth are anchored in

but by design braces pull the teeth "together" in order to straighten them out, so braces can so to speak have a shrinking effect on your dental arch

but I would bring this concern up with your orthodontist - I would advise you to be proactive and to make sure that the orthodontist you're working with cares about not making your arch more narrow, because there are many out there that don't really give a shit and will even recommend premolar extraction in order to make space for the braces-shrinkage
thanks for the high IQ reply

• Love it
Reactions: Giorgio