Post insane results from ONE surgery

malocclusion is not genetic
Predisposition to it is (research supports that) which is like all that matters

Even the rate at which your alveolar bone remodels is influenced by genetics (in other words how much you'd be affected by recession)

Everyone here knows Chad can eat badly and have a good body
But don't want to accept that Chad can have bad environment and still be Chad

Everyone here knows that Incel can eat good and have a bad body
But don't want to accept that incel can have good environment and be incel

• +1
Reactions: Octavian_Augustus
Predisposition to it is (research supports that) which is like all that matters

Even the rate at which your alveolar bone remodels is influenced by genetics (in other words how much you'd be affected by recession)
How could you control for how much this predisposition is influenced by parents propagating bad habits they once had?

obviously the way in which your bone grows is heavily influenced and capped by genetics, but I think it’s fair to say that there is a version of almost anyone that ends up with at least decent development.

and yes, ofc there is such a thing as genetic resilience. All in all, I’m not trying to deny the genetics pill, some people’s facial structure would end up average even if they had perfect development. But malocclusion specifically, and the need for jaw surgery, could be greatly reduced population wide.

Also, as a sidenote: I see too many people lumping every single good genetic/physical and even mental trait in a bag and saying chad is ‘that’. When in reality, even if good things do often come in packages, finding someone who is hyper attractive; smart; physically capable (dexterity); insanely healthy/resilient and mentally stable, is like finding a needle in a haystack.