Probiotics & Gut Health

awesomemc101

awesomemc101

doing my skincare atm
  • Diseases; bad gut health can lead to diseases like IBS or Cron's
  • Obesity/Dieting; an unhealthy gut microbiome can cause mixed signals to your brain, making you think you're hungrier than you are.
  • Emotions; It's believed that your gut may directly influence some emotions and an unhealthy gut microbiome could cause things like depression and anxiety, or even chronic pain
  • Skin; bad gut health can cause skin inflammation or acne
  • Serotonin; the gut is the main producer of serotonin and an unhealthy gut may cause less serotonin production

• Frequent upset stomachs
  • Chronic fatigue (being tired more than regular) or IBS
  • Moodiness
  • Insomnia
  • Migraines
  • Food intolerance (meaning you have upset stomachs from eating certain foods)
  • Extreme cravings (esp. sugar)
  • Skin irritation or inflammation ( acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis or dandruff )
  • Allergies (all types)

• Added/refined sugars
  • Processed food
  • Alcohol
  • Smoking
  • Emulsifiers (think "soy lecithin")
  • Antibiotics (obviously take them if needed

Prebiotics are essentially food for the healthy micro organisms living in your gut. They are carbs, however, your body cannot digest them and they're used as food instead for the probiotics.

Prebiotics are found naturally in fruits, vegetables, and grains (or you can supplement them).

(Not ordered)
  • Apples
  • Artichokes
  • Asparagus
  • Bananas
  • Barley
  • Berries
  • Chicory
  • Cocoa
  • Dandelion greens
  • Flaxseed
  • Garlic
  • Green vegetables
  • Konjac root
  • Leeks
  • Legumes (peas and beans)
  • Oats
  • Onions
  • Tomatoes
  • Soybeans
  • Wheat
  • Yacon root

• Hydrate hydrate hydrate - Dehydration is not only terrible for your gut, but your whole body. If possible, hydrate with spring water or filtered water.
  • Increase fiber intake
  • Quit smoking or vaping (opt for Zyn if you can't quit nicotine entirely)
  • Implement a good exercise routine
  • Manage stress better

Probiotics are literal micro organisms, or "good bacteria", that live in your gut and fight off unhealthy or "bad" bacteria. Consumption of probiotics are proven to improve gut, and therefore overall, health. (Of course with anything, overconsumption may lead to adverse side effects and isn't recommended.)

Here are some examples of popular probiotics and their uses.
Balances harmful bacteria in your gut. Helps against lung infections and eczema, as well as help with allergies. Acidophilus is found in:

• Yogurt
  • Kefir
  • Miso
  • Tempeh
  • Cheese
  • Sauerkraut
Strengthens your immune system and prevents against respiratory infections. Fermentum also stimulated the release of immunoglobulin A and reduce blood cholesterol. Found in fermented food and beverages.
Helps with diarrhea, digestion, and IBS. Also known to help for acne and skin problems. Also said to help with ear and respiratory infections. Found in yogurt, fermented milks like Skyr, and cheese.
Provides protection against colon cancer and depression. B. longum also produces actic and acetic acid in the gut. Said to help improve athletic performance and eczema. Best found in milk, especially kefir.
Helps your body produce vitamins (crucial) and helps fight bad bacteria & infection. Found in milk cultures.

These are just a few of the many probiotics available.
You should incorporate these into your diet, but it's more efficient to take supplements for probiotics alongside a healthy diet.

(A lot of foods (especially yogurts) will say what probiotics are inside, but some won't.

• Yogurts
  • Kefir (fermented milk)
  • Sauerkraut
  • Pickles
  • Buttermilk
  • Cheese
  • Sourdough bread (also the healthiest bread)
  • Olives
  • Apple cider vinegar
  • Peas
  • Raw milk
  • Cottage cheese
  • FRUITS! Apples & Bananas
  • Oats

I recommend taking a probiotics supplement for optimal results. I take one daily and have seen improvements in my skin, mood, and digestion.

The one I take can be found here. (no gatekeeping)

Hoping this helps some people. If you have skin, digestion, or overall health problems I'd recommend trying this out.

Not doing the whole school format thing.

• +1
Reactions: Abhorrence, MEMPSK, garoupilled_ and 1 other person
Wallet friendly BOTB

Last edited:
Chad eats pizza all day, drinks every weekend, and has an optimal gut microbiome.

• +1
Reactions: Must_Ascend
Shit thread you don't know what are you talking about

great thread

• +1
Reactions: Abhorrence
Do you recommend any specific probiotic supplements?

Do you recommend any specific probiotic supplements?
i linked the one i take under the Probiotics spoiler, i also eat skyr and other yogurts often which have multiple probiotics