Rap isn’t even music

SidharthTheSlayer

SidharthTheSlayer

Anti-Cosmic Satanist
I was made to hear the radio recently and a song was playing by 21 Savage.

The first few seconds of the song are sampled from some Mexican musical film or something.

The rest of the song is a 5 second long chopped loop of that sample with drums that repeats itself for over 4 minutes with NO variation, NO development. The song has NO melody otherwise. The entire song is just the nigger talking into the mic, rhyming absolute meaningless nonsense.

A completely average rap song, to be fair. But I can hardly call this music.

Normgroid appraisals?

IMG 0306

IMG 0307

I was completely baffled.

HOW is this any different from the same slop that has been pushed for decades?

Rap is the lowest form of music that there is, if you can even call it that. It utterly lacks development melodically, structurally, and usually even dynamically. Every song is constructed with nearly the same groove, at a similar tempo, at a similar feel, with the only distinguishing quality being "flow". And it's been this way since the 90s.

It's to the point where rap music that slightly deviates from the formula is hailed as some neoclassical, progressive MASTERPIECE 🤣! See Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Butterfly or Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy for an example. The bar is so low that basic pop music with rap aesthetics is considered a significant artistic achievement.

If you claim to be a fan of music but listen only to rap, KILL YOURSELF!

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Gargantuan, sweetheart, Manletmachine and 22 others
DNR, but yes that song fucking sucks. Production has gotten lazy over the least few years, 21 used to be a lot better. Everyone’s just making shitty industry music rn, rap peaked 2015-2019.

• +1
Reactions: dna_cel, murdah and horizon
DNR, but yes that song fucking sucks. Production has gotten lazy over the least few years, 21 used to be a lot better. Everyone’s just making shitty industry music rn, rap peaked 2015-2019.
Rap has always been slop. Read the post. There's only a few rap albums and artists with actual artistic merit, the rest are complete garbage. And those rappers don't include Kanye or Kendrick or whatever hyped Fagtano rapper.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Manletmachine, GabachoCopium, murdah and 3 others
I agree, music is one of the paragons of human culture, but the current era is so laughable bad. It’s so annoying how the majority only listen to pop and rap too. Unironically has to be a psyop.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: xtremfailer, dna_cel, GabachoCopium and 4 others
  • JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: BootySniffer69, 5'7 zoomer, Manletmachine and 14 others
And is black metal suppose to be music? Literal screaming over a guitar :forcedsmile:
Even so, the average black metal song has more melody and musical development than even the most sophisticated rap masterpiece.

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, sweetheart, Manletmachine and 6 others
Rap has always been slop. Read the post. There's only a few rap albums and artists with actual artistic merit, the rest are complete garbage. And those rappers don't include Kanye or Kendrick or whatever hyped Fagtano rapper.
Muh artistic merit. To me, exploring new soundscapes is kinda the whole point of music (used to be hella into producing). From 2014-17, rap was actually nice cuz artists like uzi, carti, travis, thug were actually trying new shit in terms of production and flow so it sounded crazy. You can say the same shit for what Kanye did with each one of his albums, what Rocky/lil b/sgp/ young lean did w cloud rap, sosa did with glo music, etc.

Raps dead now cuz everything sounds the same and no one’s trynna innovate. If you think it was never good at any point in time, you’re just non-nt af. Most ppl like at least one era or sub-genre of rap.

• +1
Reactions: BootySniffer69, dna_cel, HitAndRun and 7 others
Even so, the average black metal song has more melody and musical development than even the most sophisticated rap masterpiece.
Nvm you’re genuinely just autistic. Black metals complete dogshit get your ears checked.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: BootySniffer69, dna_cel, WatermelonLover and 5 others
Not at all jfl. The problem is you’re taking a 21 savage song and calling it the whole rap genre.

• +1
Reactions: BootySniffer69, dna_cel, WatermelonLover and 4 others
Water, rap is niggerbabble

• Love it
Reactions: SidharthTheSlayer
why did you stop?
Blackpill + college. I want to get back into it but bp has legit rotted my mind to the point where I can’t do anything other than gymcelling, playing basketball, working, or clubbing/going out w out feeling like it’s cope.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: changemywayz, dna_cel and horizon
All of the new stuff is mostly shite. Old rapcels were way more sophisticated. Talking about muh biggie, tupac, mf doom, original N.W.A, triple6mafia, feminem and so on. Most of the beats from those times were sampled R&B songs. It's different know from what I can tell.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: dna_cel, WatermelonLover, Deprived and 3 others
All of the new stuff is mostly shite. Old rapcels were way more sophisticated back in the day. Talking about muh biggie, tupac, mf doom, original N.W.A, triple6mafia, feminem and so on. Most of the beats from those times were sampled R&B songs. It's different know from what I can tell.
You know, I actually disagree here. It was basically the same thing, a 5 second loop over and over. The rapcels might have been a bit more clever with their rhymes but it was still way more simple than what some people came up with later.

• +1
Reactions: St.TikTokcel
You know, I actually disagree here. It was basically the same thing, a 5 second loop over and over. The rapcels might have been a bit more clever with their rhymes but it was still way more simple than what some people came up with later.
Depends on the genre. Most of the these oldgens were coming up with rather witty rhymes that actually meant something. Nowadays, it's mostly just random gibberish.

• +1
Reactions: dna_cel, Magnum Opus and SidharthTheSlayer
thats why I mainly listen to r and b now, and some 90s/00s michael jackson
most rap today is repetitive and I swear I hear the same beats every 5 songs JFL what is this shit
yet thats what the labels push because of the tiktok era over

• +1
Reactions: rand anon and SidharthTheSlayer
All of the new stuff is mostly shite. Old rapcels were way more sophisticated. Talking about muh biggie, tupac, mf doom, original N.W.A, triple6mafia, feminem and so on. Most of the beats from those times were sampled R&B songs. It's different know from what I can tell.
Triple6mafia production is generational, but the rest honestly just made ok music. It wasnt really genre-bending everything was in line with how it sounded back then.

• +1
Triple6mafia production is generational, but the rest honestly just made ok music. It wasnt really genre-bending everything was in line with how it sounded back then.
Would you might explaining how songs like trap queen get such praise when it's borderline dogshit. Is it because it's simply catchy to the normies or is it something else?

Blackpill + college. I want to get back into it but bp has legit rotted my mind to the point where I can’t do anything other than gymcelling, playing basketball, working, or clubbing/going out w out feeling like it’s cope.
I mean I dont think producing is a cope could make some good money if you manage to break into the industry

Too much oldhead bias on rap with this forum JFL. @hello12344 noticed this a lot here lol not everything is trap rap based JFL. Also trap/cloud rap mogs and I don’t need to listen to muh lyrical spiritual shit to enjoy the songs.

• +1
Reactions: BootySniffer69, Thesoloist22, murdah and 3 others
And is black metal suppose to be music? Literal screaming over a guitar :forcedsmile:
Only valid is maybe Mayhem because it’s Varg’s lore is funny and the entire band was filled with schizos

• +1
Reactions: HitAndRun and Looks234
Muh artistic merit. To me, exploring new soundscapes is kinda the whole point of music (used to be hella into producing). From 2014-17, rap was actually nice cuz artists like uzi, carti, travis, thug were actually trying new shit in terms of production and flow so it sounded crazy. You can say the same shit for what Kanye did with each one of his albums, what Rocky/lil b/sgp/ young lean did w cloud rap, sosa did with glo music, etc.

Raps dead now cuz everything sounds the same and no one’s trynna innovate. If you think it was never good at any point in time, you’re just non-nt af. Most ppl like at least one era or sub-genre of rap.
But I don't hate all rap. I just think that if you only listen to rap you are probably some kind of low IQ mongrel.

• +1
Reactions: Manletmachine and IAMNOTANINCEL
1B14A93C 9A72 4715 A01A 438345AA18FE

ideal to slay true metalhead goth Stacy pussy

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: HitAndRun and murdah
But I don't hate all rap. I just think that if you only listen to rap you are probably some kind of low IQ mongrel.
Of course, only listening to one genre in general is retarded no matter what.

• +1
Reactions: Looks234
real niggas listern to Sigilkore

• +1
Reactions: SidharthTheSlayer and IAMNOTANINCEL
Would you might explaining how songs like trap queen get such praise when it's borderline dogshit. Is it because it's simply catchy to the normies or is it something else?
I think that songs allright, but ppl mostly just praise it for nostalgia. Like it was a giga popular vine song back in the day and the 1738 shit was like a meme.

• +1
Yeah rap is just more BBC propaganda

Rap is the best genre of music

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Manletmachine, WatermelonLover, rand anon and 2 others
Too much oldhead bias on rap with this forum JFL. @hello12344 noticed this a lot here lol not everything is trap rap based JFL. Also trap/cloud rap mogs and I don’t need to listen to muh lyrical spiritual shit to enjoy the songs.
Why is that the takeaway from my post. I hate oldcel rap more than new rap. Boom bap boom bap, mup bung didda poo. At least new rap can sound cool.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Looks234, Trilogy, murdah and 3 others
Why is that the takeaway from my post. I hate oldcel rap more than new rap. Boom bap boom bap, mup bung didda poo. At least new rap can sound cool.
I’m talking about the replies and the shit I see on here. Old rap is obviously good but most people only see the basics instead of actually more shit

• +1
Reactions: HitAndRun
i only listen to cloud rap and hyperpop tbh

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine, WatermelonLover and RecessedChinCel
All of that is true but rap is still enjoyable to people because you don't need all that ancillary stuff to enjoy a song. A song can have the best vocalist, structure and best instrumentation but a way simpler, catchier song will be more appreciated by people because more dopamine. R&B >>> rap.

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: murdah
pop punk, alt pop, folk, indie, shoegaze and country/country pop >>>>>>

:Comfy::Comfy::Comfy:

• +1
Reactions: dna_cel and murdah
  • JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine, dna_cel, murdah and 1 other person
You’ll never be white
I've never tried to be or "act" white, I just enjoy what I enjoy hoss

likewise, u gonna tell the poopskins that only listen to rap that they'll never be black? Prob not

• JFL

The first few seconds of the song are sampled from some Mexican musical film or something.

The rest of the song is a 5 second long chopped loop of that sample with drums that repeats itself for over 4 minutes with NO variation, NO development. The song has NO melody otherwise. The entire song is just the nigger talking into the mic, rhyming absolute meaningless nonsense.

Normgroid appraisals?

View attachment 2894764
View attachment 2894765

Rap is the lowest form of music that there is, if you can even call it that. It utterly lacks development melodically, structurally, and usually even dynamically. Every song is constructed with nearly the same groove, at a similar tempo, at a similar feel, with the only distinguishing quality being "flow". And it's been this way since the 90s.

It's to the point where rap music that slightly deviates from the formula is hailed as some neoclassical, progressive MASTERPIECE 🤣! See Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Butterfly or Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy for an example. The bar is so low that basic pop music with rap aesthetics is considered a significant artistic achievement.

well its meant to be high T but bro chief keef is the worst about the BORING repetitive ass beats

• +1

Normgroid appraisals?

View attachment 2894764
View attachment 2894765

If you can't understand why mbdtf and pimp a butterfly is a good rap album rap really isn't for you I like olives and some people think olives are disgusting I eat them like popcorn just depends on your taste

Normgroid appraisals?

View attachment 2894764
View attachment 2894765

Kendrick is literally studied in music based degrees

What do u even listen to

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Manletmachine and dna_cel

Normgroid appraisals?

View attachment 2894764
View attachment 2894765

Jfl this faggot listens to black metal actually just screaming

Listen to ketamine by playboi carti i’m curiou

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine, WatermelonLover and RecessedChinCel
You’ll never be white
I've never tried to be or "act" white, I just enjoy what I enjoy hoss

likewise, u gonna tell the poopskins that only listen to rap that they'll never be black? Prob not
The implication here is that gaining proximity to Whiteness requires clearing an actual hurdle with real requirements whereas anything that's coded as black is the default state for all shitskins -- a lower register: you don't even have to try to be *X*, you just have to give up

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss, SidharthTheSlayer, murdah and 1 other person
The implication here is that gaining proximity to Whiteness requires clearing an actual hurdle with real requirements whereas anything that's coded as black is the default state for all shitskins -- a lower register: you don't even have to try to be *X*, you just have to give up
Nerd babble

• +1
What do u think of this Carti song

• +1
Reactions: WatermelonLover
Reggaeton is worse

Niggers of all nations, unite

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: xtremfailer and SidharthTheSlayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back