Recovery from Genio + Jaw Angle Implants?

C

CLO1

Iron
I'm planning to get genio + jaw angle implants by the end of March but I don't want to take off too much time from work.

I work remotely but I'm in sales so I have to be able to talk to clients. However, I could go camera off.

Would I be feeling fine and able to carry on 30-45 min conversations a few times a day 7 days post surgery?

How soon after would I be able to show my face without it being obvious something happened to my face? I don't mind bruising as I feel like that's hard to see on Zoom and I could always wear a hoodie that would cover up the neck area.

What if I also got infraorbital/malar implants at the same time? How would that change things for my recovery?

• +1
Reactions: goatedjordan23, Weed and ccwarrior
I'm planning to get genio + jaw angle implants by the end of March but I don't want to take off too much time from work.

I work remotely but I'm in sales so I have to be able to talk to clients. However, I could go camera off.

Would I be feeling fine and able to carry on 30-45 min conversations a few times a day 7 days post surgery?

How soon after would I be able to show my face without it being obvious something happened to my face? I don't mind bruising as I feel like that's hard to see on Zoom and I could always wear a hoodie that would cover up the neck area.

What if I also got infraorbital/malar implants at the same time? How would that change things for my recovery?
bump

I've gone through infraorbital malar implants and jaw wraparound at the same time.
Infraorbitals are a joke, they are very easy to recover from and you'd be fine after a week for sure.
Not sure how much difference there is in jaw wraparound in comparison to jaw angles, I would *guess* it's somewhat the same.
First 1-3 days are the worst, as opening your mouth is painful, you couldn't talk to clients during this time, trust me lol.
I can't remember 100%, but I think you'd be fine after a week to talk, I wouldn't worry about it.
Camera OFF is a given, you'd still be quite swollen after 1 week.

Edit: Didn't pay attention that you're getting genio as well.
Can't really weigh in on that though.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: tom69 and ccwarrior
I've gone through infraorbital malar implants and jaw wraparound at the same time.
Infraorbitals are a joke, they are very easy to recover from and you'd be fine after a week for sure.
Not sure how much difference there is in jaw wraparound in comparison to jaw angles, I would *guess* it's somewhat the same.
First 1-3 days are the worst, as opening your mouth is painful, you couldn't talk to clients during this time, trust me lol.
I can't remember 100%, but I think you'd be fine after a week to talk, I wouldn't worry about it.
Camera OFF is a given, you'd still be quite swollen after 1 week.

Edit: Didn't pay attention that you're getting genio as well.
Can't really weigh in on that though.
When did swelling and bruising go down to a level where you weren't embarrassed to be seen by somebody?

I don't mind appearing swollen to the point it looks like maybe I put on a couple extra pounds.

After the first week, were you back to normal from a talking and eating standpoint and it was just swelling and bruising going down from there?

Your face didn't swell up a ton from the infras? What bout bruising? I would have thought that procedure would cause a lot of swelling around the eyes/cheeks...

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: tom69
I had both genio + angle implants, and after 7 days you’ll be feeling fine. Still swollen but talking and working at a computer won’t be an issue.