Sarpe or palate expander

Deusmaximus

Deusmaximus

Kraken
How do i know if i need sarpe surgery or can just install a expander? What about the mandible? Is there any expansion possible?
My lower teeth are more narrow and crippled than my upper. So i need both expanded and then put together with braces.
Why is msdo like this not more common?

MSDO surgery A bone separation B periosteum suture

Images

this is the mandibular expander

View attachment 196110View attachment 196111how do i go from left to right? MSE? or Facepuller?

I’m sorry man but questions with pics like these are dumb. Like what part of the black and white picture do you want “to get to”? If it’s chin, neither of those will likely help you.

Be clear in what you’re asking.

It’s no better than putting up a picture of you and one of Ashton Kutcher and asking “how do I go from left to right? Braces? Invisalign?

If what you want is to attempt to protract your maxilla as an adult, then you need to get MSE, than face pull anchoring to the MSE itself.

• +1
Reactions: noped
Thanks bro I just wanted more zygo prominence like zayn and a more hollow cheek area which I believe can be achieved with enhanced zygo prominence.

Sorry for not being clear.

Well for that the answers the same. MSE on its own has shown to produce lateral change in the zygos (based on ct scans). And if you wanted to face pull, MSE would be a prerequisite, in order to anchor the face pulling to your midface

• +1
Reactions: noped
you arent even recessed also expanding your maxilla laterally (Which is what MSE does) wont give you more prominent zygos only driving your maxilla up and forward will

Correct but MSE loosens sutures and if you face pull while doing MSE, it would be more effective then any other method, due to the loos sutures and bone anchorage.

looks brutal as fuck